Eva Riccobono In Valentino – Jaeger-LeCoultre Gala Dinner

Eva Riccobono In Valentino - Jaeger-LeCoultre Gala Dinner

Eva Riccobono attended the Jaeger-LeCoultre Gala Dinner celebrating its 180th anniversary at Teatro La Fenice in Venice, Italy yesterday evening alongside Diane Kruger.

The model/actress wore a Valentino sheer black gown with a princess skirt, colourful floral embroidery and contrast white collar and cuffs, styled with a black clutch.

Her gown is pretty enough, but what Eva is lacking for me – which is surprising considering her status as a model and actress – is presence.

So far all of her looks have been forgettable for me. The hair and makeup has been pretty much the same throughout. The likes of Keira Knightley would’ve really brought this look alive, even against that black backdrop.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cate Blanchett In Christopher Kane - 'Blue Jasmine' Paris Premiere

Cate Blanchett In Christopher Kane – ‘Blue Jasmine’ Paris Premiere

Cristiana Capotondi In Valentino - 'The Zero Theorem' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Cristiana Capotondi In Valentino – ‘The Zero Theorem’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

12 Responses to Eva Riccobono In Valentino – Jaeger-LeCoultre Gala Dinner

1. Rashmi September 3, 2013 at 13:45 #

“The likes of Keira Knightley would’ve really brought this look alive, even against that black backdrop” SPOT on!!!!
    I can just see the dress (just the top part) .. Nothing else…

2. G September 3, 2013 at 15:16 #

I agree with you FC. She’s lacking in personality on the red carpet. This dress is cute, but I’km not feeling it on her. Her styling is a letdown.

3. Sharon September 3, 2013 at 15:54 #

I’m really disappointed in how this dress translated to the red carpet. The lookbook version is kind of muddy, and I thought a red carpet celebrity would make it more dramatic. Unfortunately, Eva isn’t the right one.

4. Rebecca Z September 3, 2013 at 16:12 #

Completely boring. The dress makes no sense–white collar and cuffs, really?–and her styling is so drab.

5. Yeliz September 3, 2013 at 16:34 #

The gown is gorgeous, but Eva can’t bring it to life, I agree. It would’ve looked much better on Keira.

Venice film festival was completely boring this year. I hope we’ll see some memorable looks at least at these last days.

6. Nat39 September 3, 2013 at 17:41 #

I don’t think I like the gown much to begin with – the ‘school girl’ collar, the cuffs…not really my kind of look, and she really needs to change up the hairstyle a bit, would’ve been nice if she’d pulled her hair back into a sleek ‘do/low bun on this occasion.

• Nat39 September 3, 2013 at 17:57 #

…or a soft updo would’ve been fine.

• Alina September 3, 2013 at 18:34 #

ITA. Also, in my opinion, she should wear more eye makeup.

7. Anj September 3, 2013 at 18:42 #

This is a breathtaking dress so it’s sad how she didn’t do anything with her hair and makeup. It just looks lazy from the neck up.

• KatieKate September 4, 2013 at 04:14 #

Totally agree. I’m super disappointed b/c I love the dress, but now it’s kind of ruined. She’s a beautiful woman, she just lacks presence, which, as FC said, is surprising given her livelihood.

8. manja September 4, 2013 at 08:26 #

she looks like grandmother

9. Franz October 26, 2013 at 11:17 #

She looks gorgeous in this Valentino dress!! She’s an amazing stunner and she’s perfect for this kind of events (thanks to her former model career).
    The hairstyle is perfect for that dress..chic, romantic and not too strong! Same for the make up!