Daisy Lowe In Saint Laurent – GQ Men of the Year Awards

Daisy Lowe In Saint Laurent - GQ Men of the Year Awards

Daisy Lowe took to the red carpet this evening for the GQ Men of the Year Awards held at The Royal Opera House in London.

I have always been a huge fan of the model, who hasn’t conformed to the size 0 model standard, but I kinda find myself looking at her in this Saint Laurent chiffon gown and having one word for her: “NO”.

No, I don’t want to see your underwear, which is on display thanks to that thigh-high slit.

No, this is not sexy. Quite the opposite. Trashy springs to mind.

Her Le Smoking black gown with a plunging neckline and satin lapels was full of gothic elegance when Miriam Yeung wore it earlier this year, but Daisy takes it to a town far beyond Tackyville, USA.

It’s a sad day when one girl can’t turn to the other and say “Love, your knickers are showing”.

350466_in_l

You can buy Daisy’s Saint Laurent ‘Le Smoking’ gown from Matches Fashion Global and Matches Fashion UK.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jourdan Dunn In Hugo Boss - GQ Men Of The Year Awards

Jourdan Dunn In Hugo Boss – GQ Men Of The Year Awards

Eddie Redmayne In Gucci - GQ Men Of The Year Awards

Eddie Redmayne In Gucci – GQ Men Of The Year Awards

22 Responses to Daisy Lowe In Saint Laurent – GQ Men of the Year Awards

1. kane September 3, 2013 at 21:54 #

You are certainly making the best of it, FC, haha!

• Francois Bresmal September 4, 2013 at 10:41 #

Haha Tackyville represents! Change the hair, take off the bag & the necklace, sew the slit a few stitches down and she would have looked amazing though…

2. Cate Papez September 3, 2013 at 22:09 #

Gently commenting as one gal turns to another to say “Love, she’s British, so it must be Tackyville, UK this time!”

Also, I am still dying to work for you as a business analyst and tech guru to expand your reach to continue to be the best blog ever. Female engineer with a passion for labels and the development of tech solutions, but with the rare combination of executive-facing people skills. Thank you for being the only thing on the internet I follow religiously.

• Catherine Kallon September 3, 2013 at 22:21 #

Alas, we don’t have a Nashville, Knoxville, Clarksville, Jacksonville like they do in the US…so the joke wouldn’t work so well when saying Tackyville, UK :D

Thanks for the love.

• amy September 5, 2013 at 16:44 #

LOL I think the appropriate name would be Trashester in Tackyshire.
        the slit is just too much

3. Jolene September 3, 2013 at 22:26 #

Desperate attention seeker. Just GROSS.

4. AnderBoBo September 3, 2013 at 22:29 #

I have a feeling the knickers were meant to be showing, which doesn’t make this look any less of a disaster.

5. Lyo September 3, 2013 at 22:57 #

I loved this dress on the runaway and on Yeung. It’d on my best dressed list, with the pretty shoes and red lips, but the panties killed all. It’s awful. Just plain awful…

6. Prudence September 3, 2013 at 23:04 #

hooker is what springs to my mind.

7. KatieKate September 3, 2013 at 23:10 #

She would look great if her wardrobe hadn’t malfunctioned. Unless of course this was on purpose, then I feel even worse for her.

Additionally, someone else wore this dress, can’t remember her name, but can see her face, a blonde, and her hair looked terrible, I remember, and the plunging neckline was really disgusting on her. Drats! Does anyone remember who I’m talking about? It was featured on this site.

• KatieKate September 3, 2013 at 23:18 #

Also, I looked back under the Saint Laurent archives, but it wasn’t there. But I KNOW I’m right–I just saw it a day or two ago, looking at something else.

• Jolene September 4, 2013 at 00:01 #

It was not a malfunction. It was on purpose. She is well known for being this desperate.

• mattison September 4, 2013 at 06:57 #

Every time I see something billowy and sheer with one of those floppy hats J.Lo stopped wearing around the Bennifer days from Saint Laurent, it reminds me of Gaga’s insistence on showing us the entire collection in a matter of days a year ago or so. Since then, I can’t be bothered to get excited about anything from this house, since it all looks the same to me. Maybe that’s why it looks so familiar and it’s a feeling of blonde-deja-vu?

8. Rebecca Z September 3, 2013 at 23:42 #

OMG–could the outfits for this event be any tackier? It just goes from bad to worse.

9. Alina September 4, 2013 at 05:50 #

This is just sad…

10. Evil Britta September 4, 2013 at 06:50 #

In light of all the black sheer of late, I was expecting the visible knickers and wasn’t too shocked at all by them. I think it’s really the bag that lets her down here. The racy red shoes and floaty gown are gothic bohemian sex goddess.. but then there’s her carting along this chunky bag, much more complimentary to something tailored, etc.

11. Parvati September 4, 2013 at 12:01 #

I was already not a fan of the look before I even noticed the visible knickers. The cleavage along with the thigh high split reveals too much skin and although I love a pop of colour in an all-black look, I don’t really like these red shoes. But the way these knickers are visible throught the slit just ruined the look.

12. Jai September 4, 2013 at 12:47 #

I just don’t get where some celebrities come from. I cannot imagine going out, knowing I’m going to be photographed and end up in papers, and wanting my undergarments to be on full display. Seriously, what is the thought process there?

13. gabis September 4, 2013 at 13:18 #

These Saint Laurent dresses look so much alike that it seems everyone is wearing the same piece.
    I agree with the other comments, awful and tacky.

14. Yeliz September 4, 2013 at 17:09 #

TERRIBLE.

15. Pam September 4, 2013 at 22:00 #

Grateful that she is wearing knickers.

16. Christine September 5, 2013 at 03:15 #