Venice Film Festival Weekend Round Up

Venice Film Festival Weekend Round Up

Here is a quick roundup of some of the other looks which graced the red carpet during the 2013 Venice Film Festival this weekend.

Vanessa Hessler: The actress attended the ‘Premio Kineo’ red carpet event wearing a Zuhair Murad nude and black-netted gown which should be familiar to you. That’s because Lily Collins wore the shorter version of this dress last week during her promo tour. The dramatic piece was simply styled with complementary black accessories.

Anna Safroncik: The Ukrainian actress shimmered in an ocean-blue Alberta Ferretti Spring 2013 chiffon-and-lamé gown, with an illusion panel which doesn’t create much of an illusion around the neckline ruining the overall effect.

Maria Roveran: The actress could’ve worn just the LBD from Moga e Mago’s Fall 2013 collection but she saw the designers’ vision through by wearing the gold-studded leather sleeves, which she completed with a futuristic Kzeniya gold clutch.

Sophie Kennedy Clark: The Scottish actress gave this striped Stella McCartney jumpsuit its third red carpet outing following Jennifer Lawrence and Rila Fukushima. As this is her second Stella McCartney look of this festival, it appears she has a good relationship with the brand to have had a wide range of looks to select from, so with that in mind I’m a bit disappointed to see this look for a third time. On the plus side, she wore it better than Jennifer Lawrence with her styling. But Rila is still my overall favourite in this look, putting the ‘F’ into fierce.

Runway

Credit: Style.com, Moga e Mago’s Facebook, Zuhair Murad & Getty

Michelle Dockery and Freida Pinto In Miu Miu - Miu Miu Women's Tales Talks Venice Film Festival Photocall

Michelle Dockery and Freida Pinto In Miu Miu – Miu Miu Women’s Tales Talks Venice Film Festival Photocall

Emmy Rossum's Tory Burch 'Noah' High Top Sneakers And Tory Burch 'Robinson' Drawstring Bucket Bag

Emmy Rossum’s Tory Burch ‘Noah’ High Top Sneakers And Tory Burch ‘Robinson’ Drawstring Bucket Bag

10 Responses to Venice Film Festival Weekend Round Up

1. Charlotte September 2, 2013 at 16:47 #

Anna Safroncik’s dress is awful ! The fabric looks very cheap and the neckline is tacky. A huge NO.

2. G September 2, 2013 at 17:09 #

I agree with Charlotte. Anna’s dress is tacky and cheap-looking.
    I don’t like the longer version of the Zuhair Murad dress worn by Vanessa Hessler, and I don’t like her hair. The Stella McCartney jumpsuit doesn’t look good on anyone IMO, but I agree that Rila Fukushima wore it better. The best here is Maria Roveran, even if I would have liked to see more interesting shoes.
    I have to say that I’m a bit disappointed because no one wowed me so far at this festival.

3. lea September 2, 2013 at 17:09 #

Way too many fuglies in one place.
    Sophie is the only one looking OK.

4. Prudence September 2, 2013 at 18:09 #

They all look awful imo

5. Yeliz September 2, 2013 at 19:34 #

Vanessa Hessler looks the best.

6. KatieKate September 2, 2013 at 20:01 #

Vanessa looks beautiful. I loved the short version, and I really love the longer one.

Anna doesn’t look perfect, but I do think she wears that dress very convincingly. She’s so statuesque, her hair looks great pulled back with it, and I don’t think the illusion neckline is that bad, as in, I’ve seen way worse. It does seem a bit tight in the hips, and the fabric doesn’t photograph great, but the embroidery, silhouette, and color are amazing.

Maria’s dress is cool and interesting, but it’s not flattering, making her look rather frumpy, and the styling is terrible.

I can’t believe Sophie wore that same jumpsuit again! Don’t stylists do their homework?? I just can’t like it b/c I’ve seen it so much, and it’s boring me to tears.

7. Christine September 2, 2013 at 21:27 #

I like the second look

8. kane September 3, 2013 at 00:05 #

The dresses are all awful. The jumpsuit is okay, but I still have yet to see someone nail it. I guess the baggy pants are inteded, but it never really works for me. The dress is easier to pull off.

9. Alina September 3, 2013 at 06:35 #

Vanessa Hessler: This version of the dress is so much better than the one worn by Lily. Plus, she wears it better, with more confidence.

Anna Safroncik: Such a shame the dress goes into the tacky territory, because she really has good presence.

Maria Roveran: I don’t get this look.

Sophie Kennedy Clark: Third time is a charm. She wore it better than Rila, IMO. Mostly because she styled her hair in a cool updo.

10. amy September 3, 2013 at 12:02 #

vanessa looks nice, everybody else looks frumpy