Olivia Wilde In Gucci – ‘Rush’ World Premiere

Olivia Wilde In Gucci - 'Rush' World Premiere

Olivia Wilde took to the red carpet in London’s Leicester Square this evening for the premiere of ‘Rush’, in which she stars with Chris Hemsworth.

In the movie, the beautiful actress, who plays Suzy Miller, wore pieces designed by Gucci’s Creative Director Frida Giannini inspired by archive pieces from Gucci’s past collections to help recreate the glamour of the 70s, the era in which the movie is set.

It is no wonder tonight that Olivia donned Gucci for the world premiere, looking sensational wearing just a black tuxedo with satin lapels and opting to leave her décolletage bare.
I have to say this look gave me goosebumps, something the attendees of Venice Film Festival have failed to achieve.

The look is so sleek, oozing sex appeal with the right amount of skin on display, and a pop of colour via the lips was enough to ensure all eyes were on the leading lady.

I even like the pumps with this look. Yes, I am just as surprised as you.

Olivia aced this look. Do you agree?

Credit: Getty

39 thoughts on “Olivia Wilde In Gucci – ‘Rush’ World Premiere

1. Nat39

No, not impressed. The look is sleek and sexy but too bare in the chest area, looks like she left her top at home. If you are going to do it sans top, there is a reason some bling/necklaces are usually added so the look feels more finished and the bareness is not so “in your face”. Gorgeous makeup.

1. Nat39

..and I think it’s totally boring from the neck down, we’ve seen this ‘sleek suit worn sans top” look plenty of times.

1. julyol1972

Agree! I like her head space, with the pop of color on the lip pulling the fabulous makeup, hair and earrings together. But the acreage of chest needed to be broken up with a long necklace. Just way too much sternum for my liking!

And I wish she’d worn a sexier shoe. Even the one-strap-across-the-toe black heels that everyone has been wearing lately, would’ve been a much better choice.

2. amy

completely agree. This look has been done to death. And the bare chest isn’t helping. The shoes are basic. I’m not convinced

2. Anita

Too much flat/undefined bare skin around the chest area I think if she had a little bit more…oomph around the chest it would have been a great look, without it, it just looks weird to me.

Maybe its the angle the pic is taken at – it may look better irl.

3. Daisy

She does look like needing some bling bling. Not really statement piece but something simple subtle maybe. Other than that I like the look!

1. gabis

Agree about the bling bling but not the rest. IMO, a statement jewelry would’ve elevated this look to the perfection level. A diamond necklace, oversized cocktail rings or even a crystal embellished clutch would’ve done the trick. A shame she opted for such an unnecessary bareness.
      Red nails would’ve been good too.

4. LeeAnn

She is very beautiful but the outfit is a mess.the jacket shows too much skin- rather than sexy this looks like it doesn’t fit properly

5. Mick

I love manswear inspired looks, but this one is really leaving me unimpressed, i agree with pretty much all of the above comments.

6. Yeliz

Too much bare skin on display for my tastes. Had she worn something sexy yet classy underneath the blazer, then I would have loved this look.

1. Alina

This is a NO for me too. I would have styled this suit with a draped satin blouse (maybe in purple), a sparkling clutch, a pair of big vintage luxurious earrings + an elegant updo and subtle makeup.

7. Britta Kristiansen

You are SO VERY right! Olivia Wilde never looked better! God – that is good style! Blew me away at first sight! Right amount of skin and Black – just perfect!

8. dressaddict

I don’t like it. Too much bare skin and it looks because of this like she is flat chested. It’s not for her.

9. Jolene

I totally agree with you FC. It is sexy without being “contraire à la décence”.It is just the right amount of skin on show. Her utter confidence made an otherwise boring attire to look really sexy. She is glowing. I loved it.

10. Iva

Now I understand what people are trying to say when they comment that she has short legs. This look is very unflattering.
    Though, I like it from the neck up. :)

11. LOLA

so basically, she was inspired by Tom Ford’s GUCCI to create this look. So, it’s a TOM FORD by Frida Giannini’s GUCCI look.

12. Natalie19

I’ve seen many fotos from this event, and all i can say, is that Olivia looked terrible. Unproportional, too much of bare chest…

just not good at all!

13. Iris

Don’t get this one. Her chest looks like a male with decent but slightly low pecs. I don’t find that much skin showing sexy, I just want her to cover up.

14. KatieKate

Here’s the deal: there’s no denying her gorgeousity, and here it’s at an all time high. Those lips, that hair, that bod. But, sternum in high doses is always a little unsettling, and often unflattering. Even on Olivia Wilde.

15. kane

That look on her face seems to be saying “yeah, I do because I can” and then I see this flat chest and rather unflatteringly undefined blazer and think “yeah, sometimes less is more.”

16. justme

She has small boobs so she can get away with this type of plunging neckline… in theory.
    I’m on the fence with the results here.

17. Ariel

Awful! Looks like a man’s chest, and combined with her strong facial features, it gives a transvestite impression. If she thought to be some new Marlene Dietrich, the result is ridiculous…

18. TeaAtTwo

Her the flawless hair and make-up on that beautiful face makes this look. The fit of the jacket feels a bit off but I think her small bust keeps this more tasteful.