Lily Collins In Michail Sykianakis - 'The Mortal Instruments City of Bones' Mexico City Premiere

Lily Collins attended ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ Mexico City screening held at Auditorio Nacional in Mexico yesterday evening.

We’ve seen many different styles from Lily during this promo tour – mostly midriff-baring crop tops – but here we have a sheer and sexy Michail Sykianakis Fall 2013 look.

I have a feeling it may be deemed too sexy for some.

I must admit it took a while for this fine mesh dress with applique ribbons to grow on me, as at first I thought it was too provocative for the young star, but she carries the barely there look with elegance and confidence.

Screen-siren curly tresses, a signature bold lip and Christian Louboutin pumps provided the finishing touches.

Is this look too provocative for you, or do you love this sexier look from Lily?

Credit: Michail Sykianakis & Getty

Michelle Obama In Tracy Reese - 'Let Freedom Ring' Ceremony

Michelle Obama In Tracy Reese – ‘Let Freedom Ring’ Ceremony

Clotilde Courau In Alberta Ferretti - Venice Film Festival Opening Ceremony & 'Gravity' Premiere

Clotilde Courau In Alberta Ferretti – Venice Film Festival Opening Ceremony & ‘Gravity’ Premiere

29 Responses to Lily Collins In Michail Sykianakis – ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ Mexico City Premiere

1. Prudence August 29, 2013 at 01:55 #

another aging outfit, another unflattering hairdo and another pair of lame shoes. just a day in the life of lily collins.

• sara August 29, 2013 at 19:24 #

that sums it up rather nicely. LOL. Though I have appreciated some of her outings..

2. Carolina August 29, 2013 at 01:56 #

This is actually quite unflattering. It makes someone with a perfectly gorgeous body look broader at the hip, due to the placement of the applique.

• kane August 29, 2013 at 08:47 #

That’s my problem with it as well.

3. ash August 29, 2013 at 02:13 #

the dress doesn’t flatter her body well… I like her makeup tho.

4. Anj August 29, 2013 at 02:47 #

It just looks like the designer got lazy and stopped with the applique. The design should go further down. It just looks half-finished.

5. Mandy August 29, 2013 at 03:06 #

I would have loved it if the design had been carried down an inch or two further, it feels like she is a second away from a flashing someone. I also think her hair should have been pulled back, its too sweet for this dress.

• SkirtTheIssue August 29, 2013 at 05:48 #

Agree 100%- appliqué a tad longer and hair slicked back and it would have been quite lovely (esp the hair- way too prom queen for this look)

• Yeliz August 29, 2013 at 07:39 #

I agree that the design should have been carried down and inch or two. The rest of her look isn’t bothering me, I actually like it.

6. Crystal August 29, 2013 at 03:21 #

This look grew on me. First I thought it was too sexy but I too think she carries it with elegance. I love the hair and makeup but those are rarely issues for Lily. The thing I would change would be the shoes, which is a common problem. I think maybe a strappy sandal or a pump in a brighter hue would be nice.

7. Edie August 29, 2013 at 03:23 #

I feel like the lace skirt should be shorter, actually. The way it hits the knees reminds me of the lace/biker shorts-under-shorter shorts trend of the early 90s. (shudder)

• Megs222 August 29, 2013 at 08:41 #

I totally agree about the bike shorts comment. I actually thought she was wearing lace shorts at first glance. I prefer her style when she isn’t trying so hard.

8. Nessie August 29, 2013 at 03:37 #

I really liked this look a lot.

Lily is sexy, sassy, but classy.

• KatieKate August 29, 2013 at 20:21 #

I happen to completely agree! This look actually has to be one of my favorites from her. I love her m/u–that lip color is smashing on her. I think her hair is beautifully styled-so shiny, and I think the demure style helps to balance the sexiness of the dress. Speaking of the dress, I don’t think it’s too OTT sexy at all. It’s hot w/o being vulgar, and I, for one, think it flatters her body wonderfully. The design close-up is so interesting and texturally amazing. I think she pulls it all off with great finesse. I do, however, wish the shoes had been a bit more inspired.

9. Christine August 29, 2013 at 03:59 #

Ugly dress

10. julyol1972 August 29, 2013 at 04:03 #

Yuck! This dress is the less ornate cousin to the air vent with feathers that Ciara wore to the VMAs. Ciara’s was tacky and this one is tacky too!

11. joseph john August 29, 2013 at 05:13 #

kinda ice skaterish right ?!?1

12. Maine August 29, 2013 at 05:26 #

It’s not that it’s too sexy. It’s that it’s ugly.

• Alina August 29, 2013 at 06:33 #

I agree. IMO, this promo tour should stop. NOW.

13. Noemi August 29, 2013 at 08:48 #

I really like the dress, but I prefer the lookbook length. Unfortunately I don’t like the styling, the shoes are ok, but the hairstyle is nonsense for the dress and ages her. I’m not convinced by the make up, too.

14. Namel August 29, 2013 at 12:15 #

The dress should be longer and the hair less twee but i don’t see it as too sexy because Lily didn’t wear it that way. If i saw J.Lo’s face it would be different.

15. Moxie August 29, 2013 at 16:33 #

That is an ugly dress.

16. Rebecca Z August 29, 2013 at 16:56 #

I think this is just dreadful. The dress is ugly and she doesn’t need to show so much–she is quite young and this makes her look like a hooker.

17. Pam August 29, 2013 at 18:53 #

18. Nat39 August 29, 2013 at 18:53 #

This is not a flattering way to present your thighs for anyone. I agree with the comments above that the applique needed to continue in an intricate pattern further down as it stops too abruptly and looks incomplete.

19. Larissa August 29, 2013 at 22:59 #

I don’t find this provocative at all, just unflattering .In my opinion the shoes are wrong for the outfit and the hairstyle ages her and feels completely out of place.

20. Alexandra August 29, 2013 at 23:46 #

This makes me remember the dress Berenice Marlohe used for the London Premiere After Party of Skyfall…

21. Iris August 30, 2013 at 00:39 #

The lady and the tramp? I would have loved this if the bottom of the dress wasn’t sheer.

22. Dani September 2, 2013 at 07:33 #

Yeah, I don’t actually find this sexy at all. Her Cushnie et Ochs, now that was sexy. This just looks poor quality and run-of-the-mill.