Cate Blanchett In Christopher Kane – ‘Blue Jasmine’ Paris Premiere

Cate Blanchett In Christopher Kane - 'Blue Jasmine' Paris Premiere

Cate Blanchett arrived at the UGC Ciné Cité Bercy in Paris, France this evening for the ‘Blue Jasmine’ premiere.

Breaking her pastel-pink-and-coral run, she opted for a mysterious Christopher Kane Resort 2014 black-and-nude frock.

The striking cobweb-motif creation with a tulle skirt is a fashion-forward look which I had always pictured on Rooney Mara; however, I’m not sure she would’ve taken my breath away quite as much as Cate does here.

Even with the intricate, complicated pattern, there is still a soft romanticism I am feeling from this look, which could be down to the dress or the women herself – either way, this is a BDOTW-worthy look.

Do you agree?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kerry Washington In Sportmax - Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

Kerry Washington In Sportmax – Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

Eva Riccobono In Armani Privé - 70th Venice International Film Festival Photocall

Eva Riccobono In Armani Privé – 70th Venice International Film Festival Photocall

68 Responses to Cate Blanchett In Christopher Kane – ‘Blue Jasmine’ Paris Premiere

1. cass August 27, 2013 at 23:30 #

fashion superstar….always.

2. dee August 27, 2013 at 23:32 #

I usually love Cate but this is awful.

• Yeliz August 28, 2013 at 13:43 #

ITA. This dress is a mess.

• Rashmi August 28, 2013 at 15:35 #

I swear! Really disappointed to see her pick this :(
      its an awful dress

• Tati M August 28, 2013 at 22:07 #

• Nat39 August 28, 2013 at 19:54 #

The dress is plain disgusting – the web, the creepy face on the side, the tulle skirt coming out of the crotch…this is pure ‘Halloween chic’. Soft and romantic (??)..only Cate’s persona. This is dreadful.

• Irina August 29, 2013 at 23:01 #

Awful look – not even worth as a Halloween getup.

3. Fiona-Brasil August 27, 2013 at 23:36 #

OMG!More like a super spider here.

4. Amanda August 27, 2013 at 23:40 #

Amazing! What a cool dress and she looks incredible as usual!

5. Prudence August 27, 2013 at 23:48 #

I think we sometimes are a little too bias. I am positive that if someone else wore this it was have been a collective agreement that its a terrible look. This is an editorial dress that would be insanely hard to make it work on a rc regardless of how amazing and sartorially blessed the actress wearing it is. The nude against her incredibly pale skin and her pale blond hair and her nude shoes just looks terrible. IMO, this is one of her worst looks.

• Slash August 28, 2013 at 10:10 #

+1 I couldn’t agree more.

• Lashae August 28, 2013 at 11:22 #

I agree so much. This is just an unfortunate outfit.

• amy August 28, 2013 at 11:38 #

completely agree. this dress is awful, it’s like a badly done spider web. Cate managed to look somewhat dignified in it because she has an inner elegance but the look is a fail.

• manja August 28, 2013 at 12:49 #

+1,that dress is horrible

• Cooltweens August 28, 2013 at 12:46 #

Totally agree.

• Nat August 28, 2013 at 21:05 #

• Tati M August 28, 2013 at 22:08 #

• Denise August 29, 2013 at 07:46 #

+8. I think that this is so try hard to look fashion forward. Proof is that she wore nude pumps with that dress. Sorry Kate, WDOTW contender.

6. Christine August 28, 2013 at 00:09 #

LOVE HER but I am not feeling this one, sadly.

• Iva August 28, 2013 at 07:50 #

7. Morgan August 28, 2013 at 00:16 #

To be honest.. I feel that Cate often gets a pass by many for simply being Cate. However, I can’t get past a simply ugly dress. It washes her out, is unflattering, and I personally just find the dress unappealing. I will likely end up in the minority but oh well!

• Juliet August 28, 2013 at 00:19 #

Agreed. She’s not that great fashionista many paint her to be and this dress is just terrible, there’s nothing else to it.

• Milly August 28, 2013 at 00:44 #

I completely agree! The dress is awful and so unflattering.

• Laura August 28, 2013 at 01:11 #

I couldn’t have expressed it better.

• Lyo August 28, 2013 at 05:26 #

Agree with all the above.
      Dress is hideous and the shoes aren’t better…

• naomie August 28, 2013 at 07:43 #

Also agree – I love Cate’s edgy fashion choices, but this dress looks like something that ended up on the bottom list on Project Runway

• G August 28, 2013 at 07:56 #

Agree on everything.

• pipsqueak August 28, 2013 at 14:11 #

I agree but only in recent years. She was once magnificent on the red carpet. Not anymore, not since she moved back to Australia. She’s so accomplished and just kinda moved on from being a Hollywood movie star. Also, I’m not a fan of Christopher Kane.

8. Tana August 28, 2013 at 00:26 #

Love her… Hate the dress!

9. Tatiana August 28, 2013 at 00:30 #

God I did not expect to like this dress at first glance, but it rapidly grew on me. It is absolutely gorgeous and the picture above does not give it justice (you have to see it in motion to truly appreciate it). BDOTW worthy for sure.

10. julyol1972 August 28, 2013 at 00:34 #

I’m on the fence with this dress. I agree that the dress is beautiful, but I wish I could see it against a backdrop, in better lighting, and with no one else around to be able to actually judge if I like it or not.

As it stands right now, I’m giving it a very low 7 out of 10 for Cate wearing it only.

• Alina August 28, 2013 at 06:48 #

11. Emily August 28, 2013 at 00:35 #

It is a very complicated dress to wear and it may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it is a really great dress and she pulls it off quite nicely.

12. Lisa August 28, 2013 at 00:37 #

She looks gorgeous and in other pictures the dress it’s not bad at all, on the contrary it is stunning and I quite love the detail on it.

13. Luis August 28, 2013 at 00:43 #

I love her style, but on this occasion it’s a big NO NO NO! Love her, hate the dress!

14. Sisi August 28, 2013 at 00:53 #

Wow, that’s a cool dress!

15. CreoleLady August 28, 2013 at 00:55 #

She’s stunning but the line between mysterious and Halloween-ish is perilously thin here. The shoes don’t help. She wears an edgy dress like this and puts on beige pumps? *shakes head*

16. Laura August 28, 2013 at 01:04 #

I usually love her fashion taste but this dress is a huge NO. Cannot even get to understand what is so interesting about it. I think it’s hideous.

17. Faellie August 28, 2013 at 01:23 #

Cate has the poise, the posture and the star quality to show this dress off beautifully – just look at the red carpet setting off the whole effect, and the bystanders stepping back to give her room to glide past. The skirt lining is done perfectly, and the shoes and lack of superfluous jewellery complement the elegance Cate brings to an otherwise quirky and fashion-forward look.

She’s knocked this one out of the park for me.

18. Petra August 28, 2013 at 01:26 #

Ok so we must give credit for Christopher for coming up with this design, it’s so unique and imaginitive ! However, it strikes me only as unusual but not beautiful. But Kate has that posture and she’s so fierce so I’d give her a pass.

19. Lisa August 28, 2013 at 01:29 #

HATE it and I haven’t liked a lot of her recent looks.

20. KatieKate August 28, 2013 at 01:40 #

Not only do I agree that this is BDOTW-worthy, I simply must insist on it! She is a risk-taker above all others, but still classy as all hell. This dress is just insane, and she brings it down to earth, yet in an elevated way. I want to stare at her for hours in this. Brills!

• KatieKate August 28, 2013 at 02:37 #

Had to come back here to say she is bad-ass! After looking at the rest of the pics–I mean, she just exudes sexy confidence!

• kiwi August 28, 2013 at 10:59 #

• Jones19 August 28, 2013 at 13:50 #

Agreed wholeheartedly!

21. Cha August 28, 2013 at 01:52 #

i feel

22. Charlotte August 28, 2013 at 01:53 #

i feel bad even as i type this but i really really hate this dress… i find it really ugly and i say this with a heavy heart :(

23. Anj August 28, 2013 at 02:47 #

I was kind of meh about this dress…until I noticed there’s a man’s face woven onto the right-hand side!
    That is pretty amazing and jumps a few notches in my book.

24. Gemma August 28, 2013 at 03:30 #

I’m sorry, I LOVE Cate’s style, I still get shivers when I think of that Christian Lacroix red/gold amazement, but this is far too Courtney Love / Morticia Addams for my liking…it’s so wrong.

25. Eve_V August 28, 2013 at 03:31 #

I think this dress belongs in an editorial, and it doesn’t translate well on the red carpet. Cate is often able to pull off very complicated looks, but not this time.

26. Markness August 28, 2013 at 03:43 #

I appreciate her for always taking risks. But I’m not too keen on this. Also, I see a face on the side from the “cobwebs” am I right? Anyways. it’s not BDOTW for me as it just doesn’t look good for the red carpet. Maybe on a fashion magazine. :)

27. moonbeam August 28, 2013 at 04:35 #

Is that a face on the woven part (right midsection)? I don’t know if that makes the dress very impressive or slightly creepy. Maybe both.

28. Chloe August 28, 2013 at 05:16 #

I can’t force myself to like this

29. Rebecca Z August 28, 2013 at 05:27 #

It is very striking and mysterious. She wears it really well,and I like the concept and the skirt very much especially with the lining that she added. Parts of the body of the dress work for me and parts don’t,so it is not a total hit in my opinion. That said, she is a goddess and her hair, makeup, and smile are really selling it. Woody, on the other hand, looks like a relic that should be put back in the box, especially standing next to this vibrant and blooming woman.

30. kane August 28, 2013 at 07:36 #

She looks good, the dress doesn’t.

31. Jai August 28, 2013 at 08:14 #

I really like the top of this dress but I don’t like the tulle hem. Not in love with the choice of shoe either. Still, she does kind of pull it off.

32. Jolene August 28, 2013 at 10:32 #

She was divine at the red carpet. This picture doesnt make any justice for the dress. You have to see it in movement,to trully appreciate its beauty. It has a 3D like effect. She was gorgeous and the center of attention for all good reasons.The dress is a work of art. And like all art some folks will love it, some will hate it. It’s still art nonetheless.

• KatieKate August 29, 2013 at 04:08 #

Beautifully stated; totally agree.

33. ash August 28, 2013 at 11:59 #

the dress is awful, and Cate doesn’t make it look better…

34. Cooltweens August 28, 2013 at 12:54 #

Oh dear, is it Halloween already? From the knees up, she looks like a statue in a haunted house.

35. Sara August 28, 2013 at 16:29 #

I could almost get on board with this dress but I dont even find it particularly flattering on her. The dress gives Kate a boxy shape & doesn’t even make the model look good. And the face on the side is downright creepy.

36. Nat39 August 28, 2013 at 19:16 #

The dress is disgusting, the footwear is uninspiring, absolutely dreadful from the neck down, if it was someone other than Cate people would be probably saying WDOTY.

• Fiona-Brasil August 28, 2013 at 20:14 #

37. Nina August 28, 2013 at 20:48 #

The dress is extremely difficult to wear, very edgy and a little frightening (look at that face in the dress, it is creepy) but I think kind of works well on her. It is unexpected but gorgeous at the same time but only on her as she kind of elevate clothes even if they are wacky.

38. Lisa August 29, 2013 at 00:51 #

It looks like art to me. There is a face on the left, a woman’s body on the right, and the middle (going up to her neckline) is a flower. The stem starts at the open patch near her navel going up unto a blooming flower. The petals go off to her shoulders, and you can see the flower’s stamen in the middle of her chest. Start at the blank or open patch near the middle of her body. You will see the other images as you look left, right, and up from there. Where the skirt on the right looks like it doesn’t go all the way up to the waist, that is the bottom of the woman’s legs. And Kate could make a potato sack look good.

• KatieKate August 29, 2013 at 04:10 #

Thank you for explaining that so well.

39. Charlotte August 29, 2013 at 01:44 #

40. Pedro August 29, 2013 at 02:16 #

Oh no… she looks bad and this makes me sad