Katy Perry In Emanuel Ungaro – 2013 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs

Katy Perry In Emanuel Ungaro - 2013 MTV Video Music Awards

Katy Perry was one of the first stars to walk the red carpet at the Barclay Center in New York on Sunday evening for the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards.

The singer shimmied down the red carpet wearing an Emanuel Ungaro Fall 2013 long sleeve leopard print dress with a sexy side slit and gold embellishments around the neckline and shoulders.

I love that she back to having fun with fashion tonight.

Katy will be releasing a teaser of her ‘Roar’ music video at the VMAs, so this look couldn’t be more appropriate.

A high ponytail plus black-and-gold Celine sandals completed her look.

Does this make you roar with delight or scream in horror?

You may remember that Coco Rocha wore the gown version of this dress to the Met Gala.

EMANUEL UNGARO - BROOCHES ON MONK NECK PRINTED CADY

You can buy Katy’s Emanuel Ungaro dress from Luisa via Roma.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Live Stream: 2013 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs

Live Stream: 2013 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs

Heidi Klum's Frame Denim 'Le Luxe Noir' Skinny Jeans And Miu Miu Leather Motorcycle Boots

Heidi Klum’s Frame Denim ‘Le Luxe Noir’ Skinny Jeans And Miu Miu Leather Motorcycle Boots

22 Responses to Katy Perry In Emanuel Ungaro – 2013 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs

1. Aline August 26, 2013 at 00:57 #

Ugh, Katy, no.

I knew she’d come up with something like this but I guess I still hoped she wouldn’t.

Those gold embelishments are so ugly and just such an obvious afterthought at attempting to make this more interesting than the regular animal print dress…

• Alina August 26, 2013 at 08:04 #

Ditto!

• sasa August 26, 2013 at 10:30 #

What a hideous dress. And her toes are giving me nighmares.

2. Dorothy August 26, 2013 at 01:02 #

Dare I say that even with the animal print and the gold embellishments this looks bland to me?
    I know it should come of as fierce and obviously connected to the Roar single, but it doesn’t do anything for me, positive or negative.

• Dorothy August 26, 2013 at 01:06 #

Oh, and good call on the Alexandre Vauthier Couture blue gown being for the MTV Video Music Awards, Rita Ora is wearing it.

3. Moxie August 26, 2013 at 01:24 #

She looks like a leopard that rolled around in leaves. Not a fan of this look.

4. Andy August 26, 2013 at 01:27 #

What I’m struggling with is the concept her of looking in the mirror and thinking to herself “this looks awesome”. There is just nothing about this look that I like. I just think its an awful dress and no matter how its worn it will look awful despite how pretty your hair and make up is.

5. Prudence August 26, 2013 at 01:59 #

Even though the dress is awful, we gotta admit that she styled it well! The high ponytail and sandals are perfect compliments! Now, the highneck and weird gold stuff on that dress is just horrendous.

6. Nat August 26, 2013 at 02:08 #

I love the styling but I hate the dress. It is so ugly no styling can save this one for me.

• Christine August 26, 2013 at 02:44 #

• Iva August 26, 2013 at 08:10 #

7. Anj August 26, 2013 at 02:11 #

The neckline is way too much. I greatly dislike the turtleneck. The dress might’ve worked if it didn’t look like it was trying to eat her face.

• Yeliz August 26, 2013 at 07:26 #

8. AnderBoBo August 26, 2013 at 02:38 #

She looks choked by this look, also not a fan of the silhouette in general. I understand what she was going for but I think she could have done better.

9. Paulo August 26, 2013 at 02:46 #

When she was walking up the stage I thought it was Kim Kardashian. :(

10. KatieKate August 26, 2013 at 02:47 #

I’m not sure if I like this look b/c I’m a biased Katy fan, or b/c I actually dig it. Either way, I’m prepared to be odd woman out and say I am really happy to see Katy “having fun with fashion” too! It seems like she just hadn’t been trying lately or been her fun self. So, it really made me smile when I saw her in this fun, quirky look. And she looks beautiful, it’s styled really well IMO.

• Paulyne August 26, 2013 at 10:46 #

+1 Although i don’t like the dress itself and that nothing could save this dress, i love the look on Katy because she makes it works thanks to her styling and her personality.

11. Evil Britta August 26, 2013 at 02:56 #

I think a rerun at the VMAs is a bit too much of a no no no matter what it looks like.

12. Angela August 26, 2013 at 02:58 #

I think this is a mediocre look. It would’ve been much more impressive to me if she amped up the makeup. I would’ve liked a red lip here. Also, I would’ve preferred a more sassy pose.

13. Pedro August 26, 2013 at 03:02 #

Katy looks perfect!

Love love love

14. Dhppy August 26, 2013 at 09:20 #

Animal print overload, gold embellishments; ruffled tiers are the only things that could be added to this dress to make me hate it more.

15. MissB August 26, 2013 at 11:33 #

Why this dress rocked on Coco and Katy looks like Jersey shore?