Rita Ora In Vionnet – Out In New York City

Rita Ora In Vionnet - Out In New York City

Rita Ora enjoyed a night out with friends in New York City this week, before headed to back to London where she will be performing at the Notting Hill Carnival on Bank Holiday Monday.

As you know I find Rita’s style very hit-and-miss, but I have to say I love this Vionnet Resort 2014 look.

The yellow look consists of several pieces including a mesh-and-leather bra and high-waist panties set, a high-neck collar and intricate knitted overlay.

It’s a bold, sexy and daring look which would not of worked had she taken away one of the elements like the collar for example, or tried to dial it down.

I don’t think this look will be to everyone’s liking, but works for me, even if the accessories are a bit on the boring side.

Credit: Style.com & Rita Ora Instagram

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Gwyneth Paltrow and Stella McCartney Host an English Garden Party for Goop

Gwyneth Paltrow and Stella McCartney Host an English Garden Party for Goop

18 Responses to Rita Ora In Vionnet – Out In New York City

1. Alina August 24, 2013 at 07:57 #

Not really my kind of look.

2. CreoleLady August 24, 2013 at 11:20 #

Not a fan of bra and granny panties walking down the streets of NYC. At a resort lounging by the pool, yes. Streetwalking, no.

• Nat August 24, 2013 at 13:51 #

3. Yeliz August 24, 2013 at 11:50 #

I’m not feeling this look, especially not the black accessories and the panties.

4. kane August 24, 2013 at 13:07 #

I’m intrigued by this dress. In some form of artistic context it works for me. Having said that, night out doesn’t count as artistic context. Rita just cheapens pretty much everything.

• Carolina August 24, 2013 at 13:36 #

I agree about the artistic, conceptual aspects of the look, but (very much) do not like the visible bra and panties part. She does look very good in it – I don’t think she looks cheap – but overall, this would be a fail for me on anyone. Unless it’s a beach coverup.

5. Betelgeuze August 24, 2013 at 16:14 #

Unfortunately, I have only two words to say about this look: Hell No.
    I very much dislike Rita’s and Rihanna’s thug life streetstyle. After spending the summer with them everywhere I’m glad even for the insane but enjoyable style of Lady Gaga.

• CreoleLady August 25, 2013 at 03:06 #

Oh, so Vionnet is thug life now? Huh, that’s news to me.

The overlay is gorgeous and the color looks great on her. If she were actually wearing this in the venue (or somewhere similar) it was intended for (with sandals etc), I would quite like it.

Have you seen the swimsuit with sheer overlay in which Gaga was walking down some street a few posts ago? If this Vionnet is thug life, how is that not? Because Rita Ora is wearing it? And if so, then how is Rita different than Gaga? Both specialize in scandalizing looks, both are in music. I look forward to seeing you criticize Gaga for her “thug life” looks shortly.

• Betelgeuze August 25, 2013 at 18:34 #

I was just voicing my own personal opinion. I’m sorry that I touched you, trust me that I had no intention to, whatsoever.

And to answer your question, yes, I personally was never a fan of Gaga’s style too. But again, that’s an opinion of one 20 year old Czech half-arabian student girl, who is 30 pounds overweight and loves McQueen and Marc Jacobs. Personal taste and preferences.

• KatieKate August 25, 2013 at 23:25 #

You have the right to your opinion/s. You don-t have to apologize. Live and let live.

6. KatieKate August 24, 2013 at 16:32 #

FC, I am so glad you, too, like this look. As soon as I saw it, I thought, ‘Oh wow, I’m going to be the Lone Ranger that loves this’. I usually strongly dislike Rita’s style, and I have been less than impressed with her Vionnet attempts. But this just WORKS! I’m shocked and awed. If she could get more than one good look in a row, I will be just thrilled.

7. Prudence August 24, 2013 at 16:49 #

If she wanted to wear this out then it should have been fully lined. The whole panty and bra look aint working for me unless you’re by a pool.

8. Christine August 25, 2013 at 02:15 #

Trying so hard.

9. sasa August 25, 2013 at 08:30 #

It looks a million times better on the model. Shame to trashify such an interesting piece.

10. Kittyvale August 25, 2013 at 14:01 #

Dress is beautiful and Rita wears it well. We are here comment on her outfit. Not on her music or personality!

11. cfm August 25, 2013 at 17:50 #

“would not of worked”… seriously?

12. Nat39 August 25, 2013 at 20:26 #

Dreadful. Collar, bra and panties…ridiculous, the hair is awful, the black accessories are dull, the clutch could’ve been less long.

13. Marko_M August 25, 2013 at 20:51 #