Fan Bingbing In Chris by Christopher Bu – ‘Super Boy’

Fan Bingbing In Chris by Christopher Bu - 'Super Boy'

Last week Fan Bingbing made a guest appearance on the male-only singing competition ‘Super Boy’, which is taped in Changsha, China.

Sporting a centre-parted high bun, the actress wore a look from her stylist’s Fall 2013 collection, Chris by Christopher Bu.

Her elegant off-the-shoulder 60s-style look, with a vibrant high-impact striped full skirt with colourful flowers styled with minimal jewels, wouldn’t look out of place on the set of ‘Mad Men’ – but her black Giuseppe Zanotti platform peep-toes would.

Considering this was a music show, I would’ve expected the actress to have had a bit more fun with her look, aside from her much-loved neon-green nails. We all know that deep down there is a quirky side to her which is bursting to get out.

Credit: Christopher Bu

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery - International Fashion Film Awards

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery – International Fashion Film Awards

Zhang Ziyi In Chanel - 'The Grandmaster' LA Premiere

Zhang Ziyi In Chanel – ‘The Grandmaster’ LA Premiere

12 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Chris by Christopher Bu – ‘Super Boy’

1. Alina August 23, 2013 at 10:40 #

She can get it so right sometimes, but also oh, so wrong – like this time.
    The ensemble isn’t doing her any favours and I really dislike the hairstyle.

2. Namel August 23, 2013 at 11:38 #

The dress looks cheap with that lighting and the stylingbis very blah…

3. kane August 23, 2013 at 11:50 #

The dress is okay, but not flattering on her (at least in this low quality pic).

• Christine August 23, 2013 at 14:18 #

+1 She looks so wide here.

4. Yeliz August 23, 2013 at 13:47 #

She looks nice from the ankles up and from the neck down. I dislike the shoes, the nail polish and the hairstyle.

5. H August 23, 2013 at 13:49 #

The dress looks great on the lookbook, but since the picture of hers is so low quality that it bothers me. Also, I always have issues with her shoes, why so heavy?

6. dee August 23, 2013 at 14:07 #

The skirt is too voluminous. The shoes are too heavy and the hair parted in the middle is not flattering.

• michelle August 24, 2013 at 15:12 #

I agree, the voluminous skirt is swallowing her up. The skirt is wearing her vs. the other way around.

7. julyol1972 August 23, 2013 at 16:36 #

ITA!!! I don’t like any of her looks thus far this year. If she’s not boring me to death with the Elie Saab dresses, she’s going to the other extreme and trying too hard to be edgy. Other times, she just seems lost, like in this case, where she seems to be channeling Carmen Miranda, but as usual, it’s a fail. I wish she would stop trying so hard. At this point, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen the real Fan Bing Bing on the RC.

8. KatieKate August 24, 2013 at 00:34 #

Eh, I like the idea of it, but not the actual execution. She’s beautiful, no matter what, but this is not one of her best looks at all.

9. dreamz August 24, 2013 at 08:09 #