22.08.13 Photocall

Lily Collins In Dolce & Gabbana - 'The Mortal Instruments City Of Bones' Madrid Photocall

The next stop for Lily Collins was Spain, where she attended the photocall for ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ held at the Villamagna Hotel in Madrid earlier today.

The actress has had an amazing run on this promo tour, however, I have to say this Dolce & Gabbana dark floral dress with lace accents, a velvet neckline and waistband is my least favourite so far.

I think the look ages her quite drastically and I find the colours too sombre for such a PYT.

Black Brian Atwood platform satin pumps and a selection of gold rings styled her look with wavy locks and glossy lips providing the finishing touches.

Is this a refreshing change from all those crop tops, or do you find this aging?

Credit: Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Jessica Alba in Houghton & Osman, Chloe Grace Moretz In Simone Rocha, Damon Wayans Jr. In Dolce & Gabbana & Daniel Radcliffe In Raf Simons

Best Dressed Of The Week – Jessica Alba in Houghton & Osman, Chloe Grace Moretz In Simone Rocha, Damon Wayans Jr. In Dolce & Gabbana & Daniel Radcliffe In Raf Simons

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better...Lea Seydoux, Julia Restoin Roitfeld or Sienna Miller?

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better…Lea Seydoux, Julia Restoin Roitfeld or Sienna Miller?

22 Responses to Lily Collins In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones’ Madrid Photocall

1. ellen August 22, 2013 at 20:18 #

i think that this would have been much better had she chosen different shoes and tied up her hair in a slick bun

2. Anj August 22, 2013 at 20:20 #

This is well put together and the colors and lace go well with her hair & makeup. However, I’m personally not a fan of the print.

3. Kate August 22, 2013 at 20:21 #

I really don’t like those shoes

4. dee August 22, 2013 at 20:22 #

The hair is not working.

5. Kathy August 22, 2013 at 20:23 #

I see where she was going with the semi-gothic feel, but this look is still a miss because the dress is so dreary and matronly. Not to mention the undone hair and clunky shoes are a disaster.

• Mandy August 23, 2013 at 01:31 #

Agree completely. Far too ageing and dowdy for her.

6. Prudence August 22, 2013 at 20:27 #

D&G had such a fabulous fall collection, those pretty red lace dresses would look delightful on her and yet she chooses this odd Gothic disaster. I am sorry but she has not had a great promo tour imo and this just adds to the pile of bad looks.

• Kathy August 22, 2013 at 22:41 #

+1 I agree. Some are calling this a rare misstep on an otherwise impressive promo tour, but to me Lily has just been trying too hard with her daring ensembles and heavy makeup, which doesn’t do her any favors. I appreciate her willingness to try new things (she’s played it pretty safe until recently) but this leap into new territory feels contrived.

7. TL August 22, 2013 at 20:34 #

This is not a bad look, but wish she could go for something more summery or colorful.

8. AnderBoBo August 22, 2013 at 20:47 #

I think the dress color is the worst part of this look, it is making her hair look brassy and just dragging down everything else.

9. kane August 22, 2013 at 21:02 #

I could file this as some sort of hippish look and be even fine with the hair… but what are these shoes doing there?! I don’t understand…

10. Stacy August 22, 2013 at 21:13 #

definitely aging. and sandals would be much more better.

11. Jonathan August 22, 2013 at 21:25 #

Not one of her better looks. I love Brian Atwood heels, but those shoes are too heavy for this outfit.

12. ViLA August 22, 2013 at 23:38 #

I may be odd woman out, but I love the dress. But the hair, styling and those awful shoes are aging and wreck this dress and look. It could have been so much more fun.

13. Christine August 22, 2013 at 23:49 #

Not a good look

14. Aline August 23, 2013 at 01:19 #

I have liked a lot of the outfits she’s worn, but this is such an awful look. The dress is pretty ugly to start with, the shoes are clunky and I have no words to even start describing her hair. Definitely the worst look of the run.

15. KatieKate August 23, 2013 at 01:21 #

I have been on board with just about everything she has been wearing lately, but this is definitely my least favorite as well. A rare disappointment from Lily, who usually looks vibrant and young.

16. TeaAtTwo August 23, 2013 at 01:56 #

This goes with moody dark theme she’s doing for this tour to go with the movie though this is bit aging. Get rid of the neck choker and if she had worn the ‘Meritta’ sandals this would have been better.

17. Sarah August 23, 2013 at 03:30 #

A cute ponytail, bright lip colour and some sandals would have done wonders but I don’t think this is a particularly bad look.

18. Alina August 23, 2013 at 04:49 #

I don’t like the dress, I don’t like the shoes, I don’t like the hair… I don’t like anything about this!

19. Dhppy August 23, 2013 at 07:00 #

The styling is bad but the dress is worse. Much worse. Actually, I don’t think masterful styling could have helped the dress. It’s that bad.

20. Denise August 23, 2013 at 09:43 #

Proposed actions to save this mess : Pulled back hair, loose the chocker, brighter lipstick, and orange sandals maybe ?