21.08.13 Premiere

Lily Collins In Paper London and Halston Heritage - 'The Mortal Instruments  City of Bones' Berlin Premiere

Having arrived in Germany earlier in the day, Lily Collins made yet another dramatic entrance onto the red carpet for ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ Berlin premiere, held at the Sony Center in Berlin, Germany yesterday evening.

For those tired of the crop top trend look away now, as the beautiful starlet continued her abs-baring run on this occasion wearing a Paper London black sleeveless crop top with a Halston Heritage Resort 2014 full-length dramatic skirt.

Looking both modern and elegant, she gave her look an edge with a chunky gold Pluma Italia necklace and a Movado gold coiled cuff watch.

A low bun accented with a sweet feminine bow, plus a dark manicure and smouldering smoky eyes completed her gorgeous look, which breaks the ivory dress run we’ve seen for the last two premieres.

You may remember that Julianne Hough wore this same skirt in a vibrant orange hue last week to the InStyle Summer Soiree.

Credit: Getty

Kristen Bell In Zuhair Murad & Monique Lhuillier - 2014 CMT Music Awards

Kristen Bell In Zuhair Murad & Monique Lhuillier – 2014 CMT Music Awards

Josh Duhamel In Dolce & Gabbana - 'Scenic Route' LA Premiere

Josh Duhamel In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Scenic Route’ LA Premiere

27 Responses to Lily Collins In Paper London and Halston Heritage – ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ Berlin Premiere

1. EmiLy August 21, 2013 at 08:50 #

Great!! Looks really freash and fashionable and in the same time elegant. Gorgeous Lily!

2. Charlotte August 21, 2013 at 08:52 #

I hate the hair and the the make up is too heavy. The necklace is out of place.
    The looks is pretty boring and not very flaterring.

• Ariadne August 21, 2013 at 09:37 #

+1 She can do better instead of constantly flashing her abs. It’s a shame that the movie receives negative reviews too..

3. Alina August 21, 2013 at 09:00 #

I don’t like this. I might be the only one, but… when is this promo tour ending?

• Christine August 21, 2013 at 14:29 #

I am in the same boat with you.

• dee August 22, 2013 at 18:57 #

Yeah I am ready for it to end too.

4. kane August 21, 2013 at 09:32 #

I love it! Certainly better than yesterday’s crop top look, thank god.

5. bijuk August 21, 2013 at 11:42 #

she looks gorgeous and glamorous..but it makes her look aging to me

6. CreoleLady August 21, 2013 at 11:43 #

I’ve really been enjoying her varied looks but I find those featuring the bouffant ‘dos less successful. Here, her hair says grandma and the abs say teenager. Not feeling it at all.

• gabis August 21, 2013 at 13:42 #

Agreed. The hair is terribly aging. Too bad because I really like everything else.

• DivaDebbi August 23, 2013 at 20:47 #

Looks 40+. I had to look twice to make sure it was Lilly.

7. Rebecca Z August 21, 2013 at 13:37 #

One of her better looks from the tour, particularly given her choices. She looks beautiful and sophisticated–the hair and makeup are very polished. This skirt just seems to swamp its wearers–maybe it is the stiffness of the fabric.

8. JJ August 21, 2013 at 14:38 #

She looks 40.

9. Mandy August 21, 2013 at 14:55 #

I much prefer her interpretation of this skirt compared to Juliannes. I like the necklace too, it would have felt too plain without it. Although i do like this look i can not wait for the crop top trend to die.

10. Prudence August 21, 2013 at 17:58 #

She has aged 15 years. I am so over the crop tops at this point. I do not like it here with such an elegant skirt. I do not like how dark this entire look is. I dont particularly care for that hair either, its way to mature for her. Overall this girl has had a pretty lame promo tour. She is so beautiful and young why is she always wearing these overtly mature clothes??

11. Anj August 21, 2013 at 19:10 #

I was initially like, oh great another crop top, but she looks so striking and beautiful from head to toe that I don’t mind it.

• admmgz August 27, 2013 at 17:41 #

12. Nat39 August 21, 2013 at 20:07 #

She is totally selling it to me. I like the edgy modern drama of the look while still staying elegant, and Lily is carrying this bolder look gracefully.

• KatieKate August 22, 2013 at 02:50 #

She looks amazingly beautiful. I can’t believe how many people don’t like this. It’s classic done in a modern way. She reminds me of a modern day Audrey Hepburn. This is totally BDOTW worthy to me.

• Kathy August 23, 2013 at 15:51 #

With all due respect, Audrey Hepburn is a style and film icon, not to mention muse to the late Hubert de Givenchy. Meanwhile, Lily Collin’s career has barely taken off. She’s just a rising star who has yet to prove her long-term memorability, whether careerwise or fashionwise. I think the comparison is hardly adequate.

13. TeaAtTwo August 21, 2013 at 21:38 #

Her crop trick is tired. A white top without the necklace would have been better.

14. TL August 21, 2013 at 22:01 #

She is a beautiful young lady, but I don’t like the look. The heavy makeups and the bun hairstyle ages her. And since she has a linear figure, crop top doesn’t look good.

15. Aline August 21, 2013 at 22:20 #

I wasn’t fond of this skirt on Julianne, even though I usually like her style a lot. And Lily has worn quite a few crop tops. Yet, I really love this look. She makes the ensemble work together and carries it very gracefully. The makeup and hairstyle do indeed make her look older, but in a way that’s actually complimentary for what she was going for, so it doesn’t bother me. I dunno, I just really like it.

16. Hello August 22, 2013 at 00:23 #

Sick of her. She is so basic; just following the trends out there like every other girl. I don’t know why people think she’s different.

17. Markness August 22, 2013 at 04:12 #

This is a let down for me. She was on a roll…. :( I’ll be waiting for her next appearance.

18. Kathy August 22, 2013 at 17:17 #

I really don’t like the way she dresses. She tries so hard with her crop tops and dark lipstick and “punky” jewlery, but it just falls flat because her personlity sends a completely different message. It’s as if she’s forcing herself to look edgy, but at the same time she’s giving off this sunny and bubbly vibe. It’s really inconsistent. I, for one, will not be jumping on the Lily Collins bandwagon.

19. Ash August 23, 2013 at 12:43 #