Lady Gaga Loves Saint Laurent

Lady Gaga Loves Saint Laurent

Lady Gaga is back in action promoting her new single, ‘Applause,’ and so, too, is her make-you-look style. In just the past few days, the chameleonic, newly blondish entertainer has made nearly too many costume (and beauty) changes to count.

Even so, Mother Monster could not hide her recent sartorial love fest with Saint Laurent, which found her in four looks from the label last week. Creative director Hedi Slimane has imparted grunge appeal and a tough edge to the collections, also relying on one of his top muses: music. It’s no wonder the songstress is going gaga for his dark, moody entrances.

She kicked off her Saint Laurent streak with a black tuxedo jacket with metal piping, paired with a crepe de chine blouse and leather-and-silk georgette pleated skirt. It could all seem a bit safe for the likes of Lady Gaga, but towering platform boots, splattered multicolour ‘Applause’ makeup and wet-look hair break the rules enough.

Again not washing off the face paint, the singer wore a toned-down black silk gown with lace sleeves from the Spring 2013 collection.

She left her newfound restraint at home for her third Saint Laurent outing. Showing that her standard shock factor is still in order, her Fall 2013 crystal, sheer lace jumpsuit is the body-bearing, boundaries-pushing outrageousness that has Gaga branded all over it. An Alexander McQueen studded ‘Heroine’ bag proved a worthy companion, even if no one was looking at it. You may remember that Kate Moss wore a slightly more conservative rendition of the glittery catsuit.

Finishing out her Saint Laurent style file, she put on a Pre-Fall 2013 black leather studded tube dress with black ‘Janis’ lace-up boots, finished off with long, straight locks and funky, circular shades.

Do you like Lady Gaga’s semi-goth, raven-haired run last week?

Saint Laurent

Credit: Courtesy of Saint Laurent & Style.com

Aubrey Plaza In A.P.C. - 'Afternoon Delight' Premiere

Aubrey Plaza In A.P.C. – ‘Afternoon Delight’ Premiere

'The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ Berlin Premiere Menswear Round Up

‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ Berlin Premiere Menswear Round Up

12 Responses to Lady Gaga Loves Saint Laurent

1. JJ August 21, 2013 at 14:36 #

I like the leather dress in the 4th pic, sunglasses in 3rd and hairstyle in 1st. I dont care much for the clown makeup or whatever that is on her face. I like Lady Gaga…and it seems an unpopular thing to say these days, but I dream of day when I will see her in some awesome skinny jeans and pumps.

2. Kathy August 21, 2013 at 15:09 #

Personally I dislike the direction Hedi Slimane has been taking the brand, but I think his aesthetic is a great fit for Lady Gaga. It’s attention-grabbing in classic Gaga fashion while still being tamer and more classic than most of her crazy looks from recent years.

3. kane August 21, 2013 at 15:43 #

First look: Marilyn Manson dress up.
    Second look: So, Gaga has joined a cult?
    Third look: W T F (pardon my French, but that’s just what it is)
    Fouth look: I lack the words, but they wouldn’t be nice ones.

4. Mery August 21, 2013 at 15:55 #

“Do you like Lady Gaga’s semi-goth, raven-haired run last week?”
    My answer: Absolutely NO

5. Alina August 21, 2013 at 16:33 #

WTF?!

6. robert August 21, 2013 at 21:40 #

absolutely! i love it, she looks amazing in this collection!

7. ash August 21, 2013 at 23:23 #

I bet she’s only wearing Saint Laurent because both she and Hedi Slimane hate Cathy Horyn’s guts.

• Kathy August 22, 2013 at 00:06 #

Haha that’s definitely one thing they have in common.

8. KatieKate August 22, 2013 at 02:13 #

It’ pretty sad when I pick a sheer body stocking as my favorite look.

9. dee August 22, 2013 at 13:54 #

the first 3 looks are a hot mess. The last one is OK but the hair is horrid.

10. CreoleLady August 24, 2013 at 11:32 #

Nothing appeals here. The streetwalker bra/panty third look is an eyeroll. So obvious in more ways than one. Not shocking so much as oddly sad.

11. Colbert April 24, 2014 at 15:35 #

I would say that Lady Gaga just really loves black. It makes her look mysterious. The makeup in the first two pictures are kind of forced although it seems like she tripped and felt in a pot of paint.