20.08.13

Rihanna In Rihanna for River Island – Out In New York City

Rihanna In Rihanna for River Island – Out In New York City

Rihanna was spotted exiting Da Silvano restaurant after having brunch in the West Village of New York City yesterday afternoon.

Once again she was rocking different pieces from her River Island Fall 2013 collection.

Starting from the top, she wore a black ‘G4Life’ beanie with Chanel vintage shades. Her dark-denim jacket with a built in hoodie did little to cover up her ‘G4Life’ white bralet, which she wore with camo ‘RiRi’ leggings.

Her high-low urban-street-style look was completed with a velvet quilted Chanel box bag, black Balenciaga ‘Arena’ sneakers, Lynn Ban bracelets and a Jennifer Fisher body chain.

Is Rihanna doing enough to make you want to buy this collection when it hits stores on September 12?

Rihanna River Island

Credit: PacificCoastNews & River Island

Alexandra Daddario's Vince Camuto Chiffon Dress And Jimmy Choo 'Amika' Pumps

Alexandra Daddario’s Vince Camuto Chiffon Dress And Jimmy Choo ‘Amika’ Pumps

Reformation for Nasty Gal

Reformation for Nasty Gal

25 Responses to Rihanna In Rihanna for River Island – Out In New York City

1. arjun August 20, 2013 at 11:39 #

and again saw her, wore her collection like that, make me fell more again like a ugliest collection a celebrities can make
    i prefer her style on a red carpet

2. Lashae August 20, 2013 at 11:50 #

Her collection is so tacky. I know lot of 90s fashion is back in style but this collection just signifies some of the ugly/worst fashion that was present during that time. She’s such a pretty person but when she wears these all you notice are the hideous clothes.

3. Elaine August 20, 2013 at 11:56 #

This collection is so tacky. I can’t imagine anyone older than 15 wanting to wear clothes with RiRi & G4Life plastered all over them.

4. Bec August 20, 2013 at 12:39 #

I’m bored of Rhianna trying to be so ‘edgy’.

She needs to dial it back and stop trying so hard.

5. Tan August 20, 2013 at 13:04 #

No – this cannot be edgy! Plain tacky with a Capital T i dare say!
    And now, i would want to see her gracing the pages of RCFA all so much – at least not untill she is done with promoting her new Tack-o-tistic cloth-line! O.o

6. dee August 20, 2013 at 13:33 #

She has too much junk on. The glasses, the jewelry, the bag. The styling is overkill.

7. Nikki August 20, 2013 at 14:02 #

It’s a mess! but maybe because I’m no longer in high school do I feel that way. It’s unfortunate because given her celebrity she could truly make a fashion statement.

8. Christine August 20, 2013 at 14:05 #

Not liking this. This is overboard.

9. Jolene August 20, 2013 at 14:06 #

Beyond pathetic.

• Regina August 20, 2013 at 14:30 #

10. Regina August 20, 2013 at 14:31 #

She looks like a clown. I can’t believe she feels this need to plug her own brand every single day and to attract attention no matter how. Poor girl has no class.

11. naomie August 20, 2013 at 14:36 #

Oh, boy.
    There’s an interesting and creative mix & match, and then there’s….. this. I don’t even know what to call it.

12. Rebecca Z August 20, 2013 at 15:12 #

Over the top Rihanna, even for me. Way too much going on She needs to lose the sunglasses and the big gold necklace. The jacket is just wrong over the bra and leggings. This is a mess.

13. Mahogany A. August 20, 2013 at 15:59 #

My problem with Rihanna is that her style is not “relateable”. The things she wears barely works on her but for people in the real world, not gonna happen.So for me, her being a designer makes absolutely no sense at all. Who can pull off these clothes?

• Lisa August 20, 2013 at 16:10 #

Who would want to?

14. julyol1972 August 20, 2013 at 20:20 #

Actually, I think the market she’s appealing to, which is older teens, early to mid twenties will wear and definitely like the collection. It definitely isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. And as she’s wearing it right now, with so many individual pieces, it is too much. One or two items with a solid tee or pant would have been effective.

That being said, I’d rather see what Rihanna wears being featured. Especially knowing that there are definite elements of who she is and what she would really wear in the garments, than half the crap other stars wear that reflect nothing of their personality. *coughRitaOracough*

15. TeaAtTwo August 20, 2013 at 22:34 #

No-one is going to look good in this collection.

16. KatieKate August 21, 2013 at 01:47 #

Literally, she couldn’t pay ME to wear her crap. And she should since I would be a walking billboard/advertisement for HER. Ingenious marketing ploy.

17. Quinn August 21, 2013 at 04:14 #

I wonder how is the sale of her collection. I agree with the rest of the reader, tacky and ugly!

18. MEME August 21, 2013 at 08:24 #

Reminds me of the Tommy Hilfiger/Karl Kani in the 90’s, NOPE!!!

19. Noemi August 21, 2013 at 08:44 #

This should be the ugliest collection made by a celebrity. I will never understand all the interest around her.

20. Prudence August 22, 2013 at 02:44 #

Camo leggings? absolutely not. Ridiculous even on you Rih. The more clothing she wears from this collection the worst it becomes. She went a little too hard with the 90’s influence. I hope this is the end of her designing career, cause it hasn’t created much good.

21. Barbara August 22, 2013 at 18:59 #

I’m trying to think of a nice way to write this… the collection is beyond horrific. It reminds me of bebe sport on the ‘Jersey Shore’ cast.

I guess I was probably unsuccessful in my wording, I apologize. I like RiRi, she’s an awesome singer/performer. Definitely should not quite that job.

22. Kathy August 22, 2013 at 22:48 #

I don’t know…it’s really not that bad. It certainly makes sense for who Rihanna and her fanbase are. She prides herself on being a little bit nasty and “expensive trash” has always been her look. Uneccessary words aside, I like the jean jacket and the camo leggings. Now, as for Rihanna being a designer, I don’t see much of a future for her. But as a temporary celebrity-brand collaboration I don’t have a problem with it.

23. Evil Britta August 24, 2013 at 02:35 #

I’ve never liked her street style and this overkill of promotion just makes me grimace.