Rebecca Hall In Celine – ‘Closed Circuit’ New York Screening

Rebecca Hall In Celine - 'Closed Circuit' New York Screening

Rebecca Hall attended the ‘Closed Circuit’ screening held at the Tribeca Grand Hotel in New York City yesterday evening.

The British actress wore a head-to-toe Celine look hailing from the Fall 2013 collection. We don’t see Celine often on the red carpet, so this is quite a treat.

Rebecca worked a navy-blue flannel skirt with an ink-blue (appearing black here) radzimir off-the-shoulder shrug with a slant at the sleeve.

The top half appears slightly complicated, but I think Rebecca pulls it off with ease.

Clutching a blue Celine bag, as carried by the runway model, Rebecca selected taupe boots over the much-preferred light-grey version seen on the runway.

To get a truer picture of the colour of the look, I have added some pictures in the gallery of Rebecca leaving Gemma Restaurant earlier in the day. Her Celine look is much better in the light and out of the dark screening room, don’t you agree?

Credit: Style.com, Getty & FameFlynet

Lily Aldridge's T by Alexander Wang Low V Tank, Givenchy 'Antigona' Bag And Isabel Marant 'Poop' Flats

Lily Aldridge’s T by Alexander Wang Low V Tank, Givenchy ‘Antigona’ Bag And Isabel Marant ‘Poop’ Flats

Olivia Wilde In Theyskens' Theory - Late Show with Letterman

Olivia Wilde In Theyskens’ Theory – Late Show with Letterman

20 Responses to Rebecca Hall In Celine – ‘Closed Circuit’ New York Screening

1. Iva August 20, 2013 at 10:00 #

The dress is interesting but I would go with different shoes.

2. Alina August 20, 2013 at 10:10 #

I simply hate the boots. It’s a shame because I think the dress is interesting and she carries it gracefully.

• Rebecca Z August 20, 2013 at 15:16 #

+1 I was so excited with her dress and her new hairstyle and then I got to those dreadful shoes and groaned out loud. Not always against booties with a dress, but this is really awful.

3. Denise August 20, 2013 at 10:15 #

The look is interesting and flattering, it looks much better in movement, thumbs up for me. The last picture is excellent, by the way. Notice the look that the gorgeous man behind her gives her!

• KatieKate August 21, 2013 at 02:22 #

Agree on all points! So excited to see this Celine look on the RC, and I’m kind of excited she did the h2t runway styling, except, of course, I wish she would’ve stuck with the gray boots, and actually, Celine showed a thigh-high style that were divine, and I would’ve drooled over those with this. But overall, it is, indeed, a “treat”, as FC commented.

And I enjoy the man in the backgroung ogling her as well!

• KatieKate August 21, 2013 at 02:25 #

Also, she looks so pretty. She helps me be MRE accepting of my freckles.

• KatieKate August 21, 2013 at 02:25 #

4. Mick August 20, 2013 at 10:22 #

I love everything head to calves, but the boots are hideous.

5. Jui August 20, 2013 at 10:38 #

I wonder how does it feels to have your left arm immobilized by your sartorial selection?

• lex August 20, 2013 at 16:04 #

Both the outfit, as well as how she looks wearing it in all the pics, spell out only one thing: uncomfortable. I’d hate to have been in het boots, literally.

• julyol1972 August 20, 2013 at 20:25 #

I almost feel as if her arm should be through the slit to balance it out, because she and it both seem really uncomfortable. Also, some people can wear interesting designs with aplomp, and some can’t. On Swinton, this would have most likely been a home run, if only because she would have oozed confidence into it. Rebecca on the other hand looks unsure of herself.

6. TeaAtTwo August 20, 2013 at 10:49 #

A poor effort styling the dress- which I like- with those ugly boots and that clutch. Some amazing sandals or pumps and this would have been BDOTW worthy.

7. kane August 20, 2013 at 11:38 #

First reaction: interesting.
    Second reaction: weird.

I feel the idea might have deserved some better execution. And the boots, ehhhh…. no. I like hair and make up though.

PS. The guy in the last two pictures, hehe…

• Nat August 20, 2013 at 18:33 #

8. dee August 20, 2013 at 13:31 #

This is just OK. Better shoes would have helped and the top part looks kinda weird.

9. Christine August 20, 2013 at 14:08 #

Interesting dress. Not liking the boots with it.

10. pipsqueak August 20, 2013 at 14:33 #

LOVE IT! Celine has given us unflattering shoes, including these boots, but Rebecca pulled them off nicely. I like the dress and really like her hair. So great to see Rebecca back on the red carpet!

11. Anj August 20, 2013 at 16:16 #

I didn’t even notice the terrible shoes because I was so focused on that weird arm pouch opening. I’m sure that was meant to be a sleeve. It doesn’t seem comfortable at all.

Not a fan all around.

12. Marybeth August 20, 2013 at 16:43 #

Love the skirt and the make-up.
    The rest is a disaster.

13. Nat39 August 20, 2013 at 20:32 #

Love it on the runway. The model is selling it very convincingly. Rebecca looks uncomfortable, and her taupe boots are just wrong.