16.08.13 Beauty, Hair

Beyonce Knowles Debuts New Do In Miami

Beyonce Knowles Debuts New Do In Miami

As the world knows, Beyonce Knowles cut her hair last week into a cropped pixie ‘do which is the shortest style we’ve ever seen her rock, freeing herself from the trademark long blonde locks we have associated her with for so long.

The singer is due to headline V Festival in Chelmsford and Staffordshire in England this weekend, so I was excited to see how she would adapt her style to her new look.

So colour me disappointed when the first pictures of Beyonce having lunch in Miami yesterday following the big reveal see the star sporting a longer asymmetrical bob, much like the Pob (the Posh bob).

Such a hoopla was made about the cut – even her hairstylist sent out a press release about the crop – so why make all that noise if the first thing you are going to do is add hair extensions?

I will be interested to see how the look evolves.

Beyonce Knowles' Citizens of Humanity 'Chloe' Distressed Shorts & Tabitha Simmons Tie-Striped Flat Espadrille Sneaker

Citizens of Humanity shorts
farfetch.com US, farfetch.com, Harrods, Selfridges
Tabitha Simmons sneakers
Bergdorf Goodman
Neiman Marcus

Credit: Bauer Griffin & Instgram

Wish List Wednesday

Wish List Wednesday

Nina Garcia In 3.1 Phillip Lim – Project Runway Season 12 Episode 4

Nina Garcia In 3.1 Phillip Lim – Project Runway Season 12 Episode 4

25 Responses to Beyonce Knowles Debuts New Do In Miami

1. Rafael August 16, 2013 at 11:28 #

Her wavy long hair will be back in 2 weeks, pure marketing! With all Gaga and Pery noise, she needs to pop out

• Catherine Kallon August 16, 2013 at 11:36 #

Never thought about it this way…you may be on to something.

2. T from Sydney August 16, 2013 at 11:37 #

The wig looks so bad. Her hair looks like straw.

3. LizLemooon August 16, 2013 at 12:14 #

Beyonce has always had long hair (which she dyed and straightened) any quick google search will show you that.
    It was probably quite a big deal for someone who is so heavily scrutinised for their image (e.g. She’s too blonde, she’s too curvy, her nose is fake etc etc etc) and who is so well known and used to looking a certain way to have made such a drastic change and now she’s having second thoughts.
    I think people are being really harsh, she’s not the first woman to feel uncomfortable after a hair cut and try to disguise it or change it soon after.
    Or she might be using a wig and letting her real hair grow underneath.
    It doesn’t always have to be a conspiracy.
    This is more flattering a cut anyway lol.

4. CTgirl August 16, 2013 at 12:20 #

This screams hair cut regret.

5. stacey baker August 16, 2013 at 12:51 #

what does she have on she looks like she just roll out of bed…. Beyonce use to have such great style this whole look is a a mess from head to toe…

6. AnderBoBo August 16, 2013 at 12:55 #

Beyonce is a stunning woman but the pixie cut she had was just not flattering and it is now obvious it was for nothing more than random promotion. I do wish she’d consider going darker for her next look.

7. Bettina August 16, 2013 at 13:08 #

According to different Instagram accounts and fan sites, the longer bob style is for a music video she has been filming in Miami. She could be back to her new pixie shortly. Lets all try to scrutinize a little less and just continue to relish in our shared love of fashion!

8. Carol August 16, 2013 at 14:26 #

I don’t understand any of this. Beyonce wears wigs 24/7. (Apart from the braids)

• Vera August 16, 2013 at 15:47 #

That’s what I thought!

• molly August 16, 2013 at 19:43 #

I’ve been under the opinion that she has always had very short hair and wore wigs over it. This was probably just her trying to make a little noise so she showed off her normal hair. With all of that straightening and the chemical treatments she would need, I would be shocked to find out that the hair we usually see is actually hers.
      I personally thinks the short hair is gorgeous on her, she has such a pretty face.

9. Regina August 16, 2013 at 14:27 #

Well, the aim is to make sure she appears in every blog, website and magazine, and she clearly knows what she’s doing.

• julyol1972 August 16, 2013 at 22:21 #

Or, could it be that she was doing a previously scheduled music video or a fashion shoot? Why are people always quick to judge Beyonce and find her wanting?

10. Christine August 16, 2013 at 14:44 #

That hair just screams low budget. Short hair is not for everyone, sadly.

11. Jai August 16, 2013 at 15:03 #

What happened to Beyonce? She used to keep her private life private and make good music. Now she seems desperate for attention and makes average music. A shame.

As for the haircut, short doesn’t suit her.

• manja August 16, 2013 at 15:31 #

• Cynthia August 17, 2013 at 05:39 #

That’s funny because I remember MTV doing an article a few years ago saying that Beyonce’s fame is going to go downhill unless she opened up about herself. Some people even criticized her documentary saying she didn’t show enough. She’s damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t.

As for the hair, I saw pictures of her shooting a video on the beach the night before. It looked like it was a bit wet, so I guess she didn’t care to style this unit before putting it back on.

• GGG August 19, 2013 at 19:15 #

+2! I’m over her. She seems very obsessed with herself. It’s tacky.

12. Sharon August 16, 2013 at 20:30 #

Whatever her reasons are, i am disappointed that the “pixie” didn’t even make a formal appearance before it was changed. I think she could look amazing in short hair and I hope she’ll give it a chance.

13. Deena August 16, 2013 at 22:07 #

beyonce rarely wears her real natural hair out. the short pixie haircut was a wig people. …RELAX….. I thought it was a nice change, she looked beautiful. the new bob wig is a different story, it does not look good.

14. KatieKate August 17, 2013 at 02:25 #

I was looking forward to seeing how she rocked her shorn locks, so I am a little bit disappointed that we never got to actually see that happen. But obviously her hair is a major part of her Beyonce-ness, so I never thought thought the pixie would last long at all, in fact, I was quite sure her mane would reappear before her next tour date.

• Alina August 17, 2013 at 05:28 #

Hair aside, I think this is a beautiful casual look.

15. Prudence August 17, 2013 at 06:21 #

clearly the pixie was to create some attention because how the hell you chop all your hair off and 5 mins later you’re already wearing a wig??? I bet next time we see her the extensions will have been a full come back.

16. clems_from_paris August 17, 2013 at 08:12 #

Didn’t she have the exact same pixie cut a few years ago when she made Cadillac Records ? I remember her performing at the Stand up To Cancer gala with the same haircut …. so why does everybody screams genius when she does it again ? Anyway the extentions are back so it’s already a thing from the past …

17. TeaAtTwo August 17, 2013 at 15:12 #

I thought she look fabulous with the cropped hair. The bob just looks poorly done.