Olivia Wilde In Clover Canyon - Hollywood Foreign Press Association's 2013 Installation Luncheon

Olivia Wilde boldly stepped onto the red carpet at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s 2013 Installation Luncheon yesterday, hosted at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in California.

Embracing one of Solange Knowles’ current favourite print-centric designers, Olivia wore a Clover Canyon Resort 2014 dress in a trippy, 3-D engineered pattern, all grounded by the likeness of a colonial structure at the front.

Although the frock was primarily monochromatic, the actress took advantage of its colourful op-art stripes with her grass-green Jimmy Choo ‘Rebel suede clutch and ‘Larissa’ platform sandals.

Opting to keep the rest of her styling straightforward, she swept her hair into a mini-bouffant ponytail and skipped everything but the most neutral shades of makeup.

Do you like the contrast between her maximum fashion and minimal beauty?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Solange Knowles In Paper London - Falls Music and Arts Festival

Solange Knowles In Paper London – Falls Music and Arts Festival

Taylor Schilling In Roksanda Ilincic - Hollywood Foreign Press Association's 2013 Installation Luncheon

Taylor Schilling In Roksanda Ilincic – Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s 2013 Installation Luncheon

16 Responses to Olivia Wilde In Clover Canyon – Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s 2013 Installation Luncheon

1. lee August 14, 2013 at 02:21 #

1. i wish she ditched the clutch
    2. and that she didn’t go matchy with the shoes. i think an edgy, metallic shoe would’ve been better

2. Daisy August 14, 2013 at 02:57 #

I agree w lee. The green is distracting, especially the clunky platform (gotta go!)
    She looks in need for a bit makeup.

3. Christine August 14, 2013 at 03:06 #

A well styled look. She looks great.

4. KatieKate August 14, 2013 at 03:21 #

SUPER impressed with Olivia here. She really stepped out of her box, and to great effect. I love everything about this look. EVERYTHING! BDOTW-worthy!

5. Jacqu August 14, 2013 at 04:25 #

Side by side with the model and how hard the model’s rocking it, i can only mutter meh as a response

• ok August 14, 2013 at 05:16 #

6. Nat39 August 14, 2013 at 04:30 #

Nice and vibrant, the green shoe/clutch coordination however is too literal and takes it overboard, wish she’d skipped either one or the other.

7. kane August 14, 2013 at 07:41 #

I really like this! But agree with the others about the accessories. As for once the platforms work for me, I wish she had ditched the clutch. Still: thumbs up!

8. jokebetweenthetrees August 14, 2013 at 09:25 #

I like it. A bit more lipcolour would be better i think. It is nice with the green shoes en bag (I like it the same). But it is not a clutch, she should have worn it on the strap! A afternoonlook!

9. TeaAtTwo August 14, 2013 at 11:10 #

She looks gorgeous with natural look but the model red pout goes so well with the dress. The green sandals were a fun addition but I’d have lost the clutch.

10. Alina August 14, 2013 at 11:28 #

Just no…

11. Britta August 14, 2013 at 11:39 #

I love it. Very chic and pretty. A lot going on in the dress and therefor great to keep the makeup light ;o)

12. gabis August 14, 2013 at 13:05 #

It’s impressive what makeup can do. She’s wearing all that colour and yet I still think she looks kinda washed out. Simply because she’s wearing very little neutral makeup. This dress demands a colourful eye or bold lips.
    The green accessories are a cool way to play with the print’s colours but I wish she had opted for more sophisticated and lighter ones. I find both the platform and the clutch heavy and distracting. And I really dislike their texture and material.
    But overall I think it’s a good look for her. It’s nice to see her adding colours and prints to her red carpet looks.

13. lila August 14, 2013 at 14:49 #

The truth is she should’ve stuck to the look book concept: neutral accessories and colourful makeup. She tried to go the other way around but it didn’t work in my opinion.
    Also the white panels in the dress are distracting and unnecessary.

14. JJ August 14, 2013 at 15:45 #

I like the shoes and the fact they are platforms. Simple sandal would underwhelm with such powerful dress. Maybe a different color. I would have done a bold lip on this. Her face looks washed out because the dress is so loud.

15. Rebecca Z August 14, 2013 at 16:48 #

I really don’t like her hair–it ruins the whole look for me. The quiff just emphasizes that very square jaw and all I see are angles.