Diane Kruger In Carven - Hollywood Foreign Press Association's 2013 Installation Luncheon

Diane Kruger was also at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s 2013 Installation Luncheon, held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel yesterday afternoon in California, where she was joined onstage by actor Demian Bishir.

The German actress put a fashion-girl spin on plaid, donning a Carven Resort 2014 strapless, drape-front midi dress, complete with side pockets. Who knew tartan could look this fresh?

Veering away from the flat loafer-sandals seen on the model, she moderately dressed up the frock with a pair of dove-grey Stuart Weitzman ‘Nudist’ sandals that matched the muted plaid tones.

I nearly expected to see the ubiquitous white pump make an appearance here, so I was pleasantly surprised with the subtle change of pace.

A loose side ponytail and a radiant, berry lip put the finishing touches on this effortlessly chic entrance.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Solange Knowles In Max Mara - Coachella Music Festival Performance

Solange Knowles In Max Mara – Coachella Music Festival Performance

Amber Heard In Osman - Hollywood Foreign Press Association's 2013 Installation Luncheon

Amber Heard In Osman – Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s 2013 Installation Luncheon

12 Responses to Diane Kruger In Carven – Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s 2013 Installation Luncheon

1. Christine August 14, 2013 at 03:07 #

I am not liking this dress.

2. KatieKate August 14, 2013 at 03:35 #

Let the gushing begin: I absolutely love Diane. This dress is so perfect on her-well fitted, yet not tight-casual, chic, cool. So glad she wore her hair back, loving the pony and face framing tendrils. Her makeup is minimal yet polished-she’s stunning as usual. The shoes work, though I would’ve given my eye teeth to see her in a pair of sandals in that goldenrod hue from her dress.

3. Nat39 August 14, 2013 at 04:37 #

Her styling is lovely and she carries the look with such ease, don’t like the ‘table cloth’ she is wearing however.

4. Dhppy August 14, 2013 at 07:37 #

What a stylish look! Like a menswear cloth put to feminine use. Adore the minimal styling as well. Nicely played.

5. Princess Chi Chi August 14, 2013 at 07:47 #

I really tried to love this but I’m struggling. I think it’s the dress it self, it looks like Diane wrapped herself up in a tablecloth, a chic tablecloth, but a tablecloth nonetheless. Her styling is really good though. Absolutely adore the styling.

6. kane August 14, 2013 at 07:49 #

I absolutely adore this! I’m usually not uber-crazy about Diane’s style, but this is cool, relaxed, stylish, brilliant! I can see what KatieKate is saying about golden sandals, but I don’t mind those grey ones either.

7. Jai August 14, 2013 at 08:01 #

Great look. She’s really has great style.

8. jokebetweenthetrees August 14, 2013 at 09:29 #

Like it, but I miss accesories. A fine gold earring and bracelett would be nice I think.

9. TeaAtTwo August 14, 2013 at 11:05 #

A really nice look and I like the minimal styling though as others suggested I have picked gold strappy sandals.

10. JJ August 14, 2013 at 15:48 #

Love it. She knows fashion and how to work it to her advantage.

11. Rebecca Z August 14, 2013 at 16:45 #

This works for me. I have to say the dress has grown on me since my first viewing of it. It is, as you say, effortlessly chic and stylish. Agree with KatieKate that a mustardy/goldenrod sandal would be ideal, but have no problem with her choice here. Tough choice for me between her and Amber Heard for best dressed at this event.

12. Evil Britta August 18, 2013 at 05:17 #

Another rare misstep IMHO.