Lily Collins In Fausto Puglisi & Houghton – 2013 Teen Choice Awards

Lily Collins In Fausto Puglisi - 2013 Teen Choice Awards

Lily Collins worked the high-low trend on the red carpet at the 2013 Teen Choice Awards at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City, California on Sunday evening.

Like Bella Thorne, Lily wore a palm-print look from the same Fausto Puglisi Resort 2014 collection. Instead of working a full palm-print look, Lily teamed her white-and-coral skirt featuring a flowing train with a black silk short-sleeved top from Houghton’s Resort 2014 collection.

Her decision was the right one to ensure the look wasn’t overly fussy. Which may also be the reason why the bold-lip-colour-loving actress opted for a barely there look, with just striking cat-eyes and a beautiful beehive bouffant accented with a black Alice band.

Black Brian Atwood ‘Zenith’ pumps did nothing to upstage the main focus of the look, which was her skirt; however, I find them to be a tad heavy for the overall look in comparison with the pair worn by the model.

Graziela Gems earrings and EF Collection rings and bangles provided the finishing touches.

I know many of you don’t like high-low (mullet) skirts, so how do you feel about this look?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

33 thoughts on “Lily Collins In Fausto Puglisi & Houghton – 2013 Teen Choice Awards

1. Alina

I love the clothes, but not on her, not with that hairstyle, not with those shoes and not at this event.

2. Rashmi

Season / Event inappropriate, but how much I love this look on her!!! She totally sold out a mullet dress for me. Love

3. G

I don’t like the shoes but I love the rest! Classy and funny. She’s my favourite of the event along with Holland Roden.

4. kane

I don’t quite get the season-inappropriateness of this one. Yes, it’s a simple black top, but at least it’s neither long sleeves or skirt, and it has palm trees.

In any case, I like it. The shoes could have been more interesting, but it’s fun.

5. Dan Oliver

I hate the mullet skirt/dress trend it’s been done to death but I actually like this she looks great.

6. gabis

I can cope with the bad shoes but not with that awful dreadful hair. The outfit is absolutely gorgeous. I love the palm trees print.

7. Christine

She is doing way too much here. Everyone there was dressing cute and she looks try hardy.

Not liking this.

8. JJ

Its a mess from head to toe. Terrible hair, terrible makeup, awful dress. She is way too young and pretty to be wearing that monstrocity.

9. Jen

Totally wrong for the event — and her hair and makeup is aging her. One of the worst dressed of the night!

10. Leo

I feel like I should not like it, but I love it. I don’t even mind the shoes, they ar heavy but they kinda make me think of a geisha here, and they give her the extra inches to be abble to carry such a big skirt. I do think that maybe this would be better for some other event, but overall I love it.

11. Anj

I don’t like the hair and makeup but the outfit is fine. I can’t decide whether her shoes are too heavy though.

12. Nat39

I’m a rare fan of all kind of interesting/high-low hemlines but this one isn’t working for me, but what really ruins the look for me is the overdone hairstyle – with a more effortless, youthful hair and better shoes, this would’ve been just fine.

13. Ananya

I feel like it would’ve been more appropriate if she would’ve interchanged this dress and the one she wore to her city of bones premiere