08.08.13

Sarah Jesscia Parker for Harper’s Bazaar US September 2013

Sarah Jesscia Parker for Harper's Bazaar US September 2013 (2)

Sarah Jessica Parker donned a gold Marc Jacobs sequin dress for the Terry-Richardson-shot cover for Harper’s Bazaar US’s September 2013 issue.

As you would expect, the editorial is jam-packed with high-fashion designs from Gucci (currently those feather-festooned Fall 2013 gowns have graced most of the September issue editorials), Oscar de la Renta and Chanel.

In her interview, SJP talks about her husband, Matthew Broderick, collaborating with Halston, and her new HBO show, ‘Into the Fire’.

On her husband, Matthew Broderick: “I love Matthew Broderick. Call me crazy, but I love him. We can only be in the marriage we are. We’re very devoted to our family and our lives. I love our life. I love that he’s the father of my children, and it’s because of him that there’s this whole other world that I love.”

On working With Halston: “We’ve all worked with complicated people, and I always think that I can disarm them. I love collaborating. I’m a great listener and learner, and I don’t think I know more than they do. I’m transparent.”

On her new HBO show, ‘Into the Fire': “It’s about a woman, a beloved talk-show host out of Minneapolis, whose husband is a cook. He sort of put his career on hold while she had this big success, and ultimately they move to New York to give his career a chance. But they’re floundering. He’s a hothead and he can’t really keep a job. Deeply lovable.”

On her image: “I don’t think I’ve ever spent 10 minutes calculating my image. I can’t even recall a conversation.”

Credit: Terry Richardson for Harper’s Bazaar

Olivia Wilde's A.L.C. Finn Stripe Dress

Olivia Wilde’s A.L.C. Finn Stripe Dress

Fan Bingbing In Chloé - ‘One Night Surprise’ Shanghai Premiere

Fan Bingbing In Chloé – ‘One Night Surprise’ Shanghai Premiere

15 Responses to Sarah Jesscia Parker for Harper’s Bazaar US September 2013

1. kane August 8, 2013 at 18:21 #

I don’t buy the cover nor the comment on her image, but I do love the dresses in gold and in blush pink. The birds and fishnet number isn’t quite my thing, but I do like the playfulness about it.

2. dee August 8, 2013 at 18:43 #

That Gucci feathered dress is losing its appeal being seen in some many recent photoshoots.

• H August 8, 2013 at 19:43 #

Right? I have seen TONS of photoshoots with them!

• Christine August 9, 2013 at 00:49 #

• KatieKate August 9, 2013 at 01:29 #

True. But I do like it on SJP the best.

3. Prudence August 8, 2013 at 19:00 #

I am loving harpers right now. They actually shoot clothes in their editorials and covers unlike the up close portraits vogue likes to do. The cover dress is awesome and makes me want to buy the mag. Plus I love that they used an actress with a genuine passion for clothes unlike Vogue and their choice to put Jlaw on their sept cover.I do agree that the gucci dress is becoming overused. I would love to see more Stephane Rolland in mags.

• Kathy August 9, 2013 at 01:17 #

While I think it’s great that SJP loves fashion and probably really enjoys doing these magazine shoots as a result, I don’t think it’s fair to discount celebrities who aren’t particularly interested in clothes. It doesn’t make them less capable models. JLaw, for instance, has done some amazing editorials without even knowing the definition of “haute couture” (according to Andre Leon Talley). Her W and Vanity Fair spreads were great. I’m sure you would agree that a cover star’s love of fashion should just a bonus, not a prerequisite, to their landing a major magazine.

• KatieKate August 9, 2013 at 01:33 #

I love Bazaar too. I have subscriptions to way too many fashion mags, I can’t even keep up, but it’s the one that I always make time for.

4. H August 8, 2013 at 19:42 #

What’s up with every single editorial featuring one of this Gucci dresses? Is it mandatory or what?

5. Daisy August 8, 2013 at 19:51 #

Would love to dress Sarah Jessica Parker. Love the cover and head piece!

6. Pedro August 8, 2013 at 20:56 #

Queen SJP looks gorgeous!

Love the head piece!

7. Andy August 9, 2013 at 00:25 #

Love her! But is it just me, or did they photoshop her head from the great cover shot to the picture with the pink dress? Even the hair looks exactly the same!

• KatieKate August 9, 2013 at 01:31 #

Verrry similar, but not exact.

8. Alina August 9, 2013 at 06:39 #

I love a big and genuine smile on a cover.

9. TeaAtTwo August 10, 2013 at 09:38 #

The cover is quite glamorous and energetic but the line about her not thinking about her image sounds so disingenuous.