Rachel McAdams In Roksanda Ilincic – ‘About Time’ World Premiere

Rachel McAdams In Roksanda Ilincic - 'About Time' World Premiere

Rachel McAdams was a vision of delight while taking to the red carpet at Somerset House in London this evening for the world premiere of ‘About Time’.

Showcasing a new fiery flame-coloured ‘do, the actress wore a Roksanda Ilincic Resort 2014 ensemble.

Her look featured a long-sleeved top and full-length skirt in a light-lavender hue which is modern yet simple, with a hologram belt giving the look a futuristic vibe.

Cut to the back, and the ensemble reveals a bold electric-blue stripe on the top and an aqua-blue stripe on the skirt.

Rosy cheeks and a pretty pink lip shade provided the finishing touches to her look.

I have been waiting for a look to wow me this week. Thankfully, the wait is finally over.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Fan Bingbing In Chloé - ‘One Night Surprise’ Shanghai Premiere

Fan Bingbing In Chloé – ‘One Night Surprise’ Shanghai Premiere

Stacy Keibler's Naeem Khan Sheer-Back Beaded Halter Gown

Stacy Keibler’s Naeem Khan Sheer-Back Beaded Halter Gown

47 Responses to Rachel McAdams In Roksanda Ilincic – ‘About Time’ World Premiere

1. Hannah August 8, 2013 at 19:57 #

Simply flawless. Dare I say a contender for BDOTY?

• gabis August 8, 2013 at 20:01 #

Totally agree. I think it’s the best she has ever looked.

• Catherine Kallon August 8, 2013 at 20:03 #

I will echo your sentiments…she floored me…BDOTY contender for sure.

• Foteini P. August 9, 2013 at 01:01 #

• Ally August 9, 2013 at 03:03 #

+1 here too… I believe this might be my first BDOTY so far…

• Yiota August 9, 2013 at 09:19 #

+1 from me too…she looks absolutely stunning!!!

2. Lisa August 8, 2013 at 20:00 #

She looks amaaaazing!

3. Rashmi August 8, 2013 at 20:11 #

Straight to my BDOTY contender list! She is looking heavenly. And such a princess picture, that I can’t stop looking at it!

• Linda August 8, 2013 at 20:24 #

Yes, this has earned her a spot on my BDOTY list too. I love the simple elegance.

4. Prudence August 8, 2013 at 20:13 #

I gotta say I do not like this at all. The dress does not fit her well on the shoulders,sleeves and bodice, its like too big, it is suppose to be sleek like on the model. I also do not like her hair this color, it seems like a hair dye gone wrong and her hair should be up. This could have been great but there are too many issues here.

• Jai August 9, 2013 at 07:44 #

Yeah, agree 100% actually.

5. mm August 8, 2013 at 20:18 #

I agree a WOW moment. so gorgeous

6. Larissa August 8, 2013 at 20:49 #

Stunning! Simple yet far from boring!Also I’m loving how the new hair colour constrasts the blue stripes of the dress.

7. Pedro August 8, 2013 at 20:53 #

Wow Wow Wow!

The hair… the dress.. epic!

BDOTY for sure. Rachel looks perfect

8. Eve_V August 8, 2013 at 20:56 #

I’ve had a girl crush on Rachel McAdams since probably forever, but she looks absolutely stunning here. The simplicity of the dress together with that amazing new hair color – she is just too perfect. I adore the picture of her looking over her shoulder!

9. justme August 8, 2013 at 20:58 #

Can we talk about the fact that she rocks every hair colour? She was gorgeous as a brunette (my personal favourite), as a blonde and now as a redhead. What kind of luck…? *sigh*

• Tori August 9, 2013 at 01:11 #

oh gosh yes! She sparkles as a brunette…but I read an interview where she talks about how much she prefers being blonde. I love this hair now though – it’s almost like in The Notebook!

10. kane August 8, 2013 at 21:08 #

How can I say this without what would sound like an anticlimactic, compromising ‘but’? I’ll try, so…

I think she looks great.
    I wish it was more fitted.
    It’s up there with her best looks.
    It certainly is a standout, although I find others more successful as a whole.
    I’d see this as a BDOTW contender.

(I guess I cheated a bit with the “although”…)

• Bec August 8, 2013 at 21:48 #

I felt the same as FC and the other commenters when I saw the first photo, but changed my mind after looking at the thumbnails: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2013/08/08/rachel-mcadams-in-roksanda-ilincic-about-time-world-premiere/world-premiere-of-about-time-2/

It fits quite badly around the shoulders and torso and looks a bit lacklustre in normal lighting.

• Zerina August 8, 2013 at 22:29 #

• KatieKate August 9, 2013 at 01:23 #

I believe it fits just fine. The style that it is, there will realistically be some gathering/wrinkling or whatever you want to call it, around the shoulders, especially. The reason it fits so perfectly in the lookbook is b/c it’s probably pulled tight in the back and clamped, (a typical styling trick), plus the model doesn’t have to move, and she is pushing her shoulders back. Just MHO.

11. Juliet August 8, 2013 at 21:27 #

Looks good from afar, at least.

12. AnderBoBo August 8, 2013 at 22:29 #

Love it! Fit issues aside this is such a glamorous ethereal look and that belt is everything!! She looks amazing!

13. MaddyEliza August 8, 2013 at 23:00 #

Wow. What a dream. I love it. BDOTW contender for sure…

• admmgz August 9, 2013 at 18:26 #

14. Nat39 August 9, 2013 at 00:20 #

Love the hologram belt and the unexpected stripes on the back, they are what make this look special, not just another clean look. The skirt flows beautifully, and I love her contrasting flame locks against the light lavender gown, finally someone brought it this week, a strong BDOTW contender.

• Nat39 August 9, 2013 at 00:50 #

On the side note, it reminds me of Marion Cotillard in white Dior gown at Cannes which I loved as well.

• KatieKate August 9, 2013 at 01:17 #

Perfectly stated! This is what red carpets were made for! I am gushing all over the place!! Barring something otherworldly, this is my BDOTW, not to mention in the running for BDOTY! YAY Rachel!

15. TL August 9, 2013 at 00:35 #

Flawless….definitely BDOTW, and will be my one of my BDOTY too.

16. Christine August 9, 2013 at 00:48 #

At first glance, I liked it. But then looking at the images up close and in HQ, I see that the fit is not good.

17. Kathy August 9, 2013 at 01:24 #

She looks so regal. I’m a sucker for white gowns and this is no exception. Can we also have a round of applause for Rachel’s beautiful new hair color? Red is tricky to pull off but she does it with ease. A+

18. Aline August 9, 2013 at 01:45 #

OH MY GOD! I’m so glad Rachel and her mojo are back! She looks absolutely stunning, like a true movie star goddess! BDOTW!

• Fiona-Brasil August 9, 2013 at 03:37 #

19. TeaAtTwo August 9, 2013 at 04:34 #

I’m firmly in the love camp. Her hair looks amazing against the gown and the belt further elevates this look.

20. charlotte August 9, 2013 at 05:54 #

WOW!!!!she had me swoon,baby. BDOTW definately!
    I love everything about this look,simply flawless.

21. Cris August 9, 2013 at 06:36 #

Fine in a distance, horrid in the close up, the fit is poor, and her bra underwire is obviously exposed due to the poor fit and wrong choice of undergarment.

22. Noemi August 9, 2013 at 06:44 #

Simply gorgeous.

23. Alina August 9, 2013 at 06:56 #

Love it! Simple, yet interesting.
    I simply adore the hair colour.

24. ash August 9, 2013 at 10:12 #

BDOTW contender!

25. Markness August 9, 2013 at 12:01 #

I love this! Especially the back. But I am having issues with the shoulder. Are those shoulder pads? They don’t look right. It’s BDOTW worthy but not BDOTY. You have to be utter perfection with BDOTY. Too bad. This would’ve stood out because it’s so minimalistic done right.

26. DP August 9, 2013 at 12:08 #

Haven’t had a wow moment like this for a while- incredible! She looks absolutely stunning and I love it from head to toe! BDOTY contender for me.

27. dee August 9, 2013 at 13:12 #

I am not wowed one bit. I like this look but I just wish it fit better.

28. the ogre August 9, 2013 at 18:24 #

She looks stunning here and I don’t care about the fit at all because if it fit like the model then what’s the difference at all? She breathes so much more life into the gown. The simplicity is breathtaking and enhances her own flawless beauty to a great extent. This is a big ‘wow’ moment!

29. Elizabeth August 9, 2013 at 21:36 #

I’m not seeing the love for this look. Cheap-ish fabric, the fit is off. So many more great looks this year to swoon over!

30. daisy August 9, 2013 at 21:59 #

how is this getting 49% best dressed of the week and best year contender? it doesn’t fit her! the sleeves are far too long, the shoulders are too big. it should have been taken in at the knee to show off her slender figure. and the color itself is reading a bit harsh. i also don’t like the random lines on the back. it looks a bit ‘project runway’ to me, and in the worst way possible. i feel everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and just agreeing because its a trend. am i wrong? think for yourselves or are you thinking for yourselves?

• KatieKate August 10, 2013 at 02:34 #

It’s okay to disagree, but don’t minimize others’ opinions b/c they’re not your own.

• Elizabeth August 10, 2013 at 06:39 #

Daisy, I 100% agree with you. The fit is terrible, the material is cheap, and compared to other looks, not even BDOTW contender. Totally Project Runway, lol!