PBS History’s ‘Downton Abbey’ Season 4 Photocall

PBS History's 'Downton Abbey' Season 4 Photocall

The cast of ‘Downton Abbey’ attended a photocall hosted by PBS History for Season 4 held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in California yesterday afternoon.

Michelle Dockery: Opting for chic separates, Michelle wore a black-and-beige Elie Saab Resort 2013 short set with a black Ann Taylor top. She styled her look with Jean-Michel Cazabat ‘Ella’ black pumps, adding a pop of colour via her red lips.

Laura Carmichael: Admittedly, Laura rarely catches my eye; however, I was charmed by her whimsical Moschino Cheap and Chic black mini dress trimmed with an ivory satin box-pleat ‘piano keys’ accented hemline.

Joanne Froggatt: Sporting blonde, beachy, wavy tresses, the British actress, who has always been a fan of prints and colour, wore a Camilla & Marc Fall 2013 look. Her black top with a cobalt-blue trim was tucked into a dual-print blue-and-berry flounced skirt, to which she opted not to add the belt it was presented with. Her simple styling included silver bracelets and black pumps. Should she have kept the belt?

Sophie McShera: Looking delighted to be out of her 1920s maid outfit, the young actress wore a pretty floral Zara frock with an ultimate ladylike fit. This elegant dress is right on trend, with nude pumps and a orange-red lip colour completing the effortless styling.

Michelle Dockery In Elie Saab and Joanna Froggatt in Camilla and Marc

Credit: Style.com & Getty

16 thoughts on “PBS History’s ‘Downton Abbey’ Season 4 Photocall

1. Iva

Sophie’s dress is from Zara.
    They all look nice, but I would choose Laura’s look as the best one here.

2. Alina

Michelle Dockery: She looks chic. Wish she would have opted for more interesting shoes.

Laura Carmichael: Lovely dress. I would wear it myself!

Joanne Froggatt: Beautiful dress! I don’t miss the belt, but I really don’t like her hairstyle.

Sophie McShera: Perfect from the ankles up.

3. julyol1972

I’ve never watched Downtown Abbey so I’m only familiar with Michelle. I like her suit, but the shoes make her feet look too naked – maybe an edgy bootie might have worked better. Of the others, I only like Joanne’s outfit. The waistband really defines her waist, so I don’t miss the belt.

4. Jenny

Laura looks amazing! I think she’s the most stylish of them all. How can she never have taken your eye before?

5. x-De-x

Michelle: I think she looks terrible tbh. So plain and the colour does nothing for her. She looks like she’s going on safari. Doesn’t look nice in the lookbook either. Agree with everyone else on the bad shoes too. I’ve not been loving her fashion choices for a while now regardless of what magazines say about her. Hair could’ve been more exciting too.

Laura: Love it! Suits her quirky fashion sense. Nice to see her step away from the usual brands she goes for. But she’s definitely the Downton fashionista. Love her eyebrows too!

Joanne: The outfit is ok but that’s it. Again nasty shoes. I wish she’d do something else with her hair. It would give her more height.

Sophie: I want to love it as I love Sophie, but I just think it ages her. Admittedly it looks better on her than it did on Kim Sears but it’s just ok for me. Great hair though!

6. MaddyEliza

As a pianist I absolutely LOVE Laura’s dress! I want it!! :D She is definitely my favourite, though all of these outfits are very cute and chic.

7. KatieKate

I think each one looks special in her own individual way. However, I think they could, all use improvement in the hair department.

8. Betelgeuze

I love all their looks individually, a very well dressed event. Although I adore Laura’s piano minidress, it reminds me of an iconic look Fran Drescher wore in The Nanny :)