06.08.13 Premiere

Mariah Carey In Tom Ford – ‘The Butler’ New York Premiere

Mariah Carey In Tom Ford - 'The Butler' New York Premiere

Joining a host of celebrity couples, Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon attended ‘The Butler’ New York premiere yesterday evening.

Both wearing all black, Mariah wore a Tom Ford LBD, which she styled with a fashionable leather studded arm-sling following an incident on the set of a music video last month which saw her dislocate her shoulder.

I don’t know about you, but I find myself more enamoured by the sling than the dress itself, as funnily enough, the sling enhances the look.

Valentino bow-front lace peep-toes and a black Alice band provided the finishing touches.

10210757_1102586_1000

You can buy Mariah’s Valentino shoes from farfetch.com US and farfetch.com.

Credit: Getty

Rachel Weisz In Bottega Veneta - 'The Deep Blue Sea' New York Screening

Rachel Weisz In Bottega Veneta – ‘The Deep Blue Sea’ New York Screening

Minka Kelly In Diane von Furstenberg - 'The Butler' New York Press Conference

Minka Kelly In Diane von Furstenberg – ‘The Butler’ New York Press Conference

7 Responses to Mariah Carey In Tom Ford – ‘The Butler’ New York Premiere

1. Alina August 6, 2013 at 15:39 #

She has been looking nice lately.

P.S.: I’m the only one who plays Jay Z’s song in her head when she hears about Tom Ford? :D

2. Christine August 6, 2013 at 15:45 #

The sling is more interesting than the dress.

3. kane August 6, 2013 at 15:56 #

I wholeheartedly concur. However, I wouldn’t say the sling enhances the look. I bet the whole look was built around the fact that she would have to wear it, ergo the simple (some might call it “boring”) LBD enhances the sling and puts it at centre stage.

• Ahot August 6, 2013 at 19:10 #

I Agree! Knowing Mimi, she is of course turning that accident into a fashion moment lol! #nothingstopsadiva
      She must come up with a line of bedazzled slings, hers are all looking fantafabuous with this one taking the cake!

4. Pedro August 6, 2013 at 18:55 #

Mariah always looks SO tacky… lol

5. ChicTrends August 6, 2013 at 19:04 #

She doesn’t look bad but the center of attention is definitely the sling!

6. KatieKate August 6, 2013 at 21:13 #

I actually kind of love Mariah, (shhhh, don’t tell. It’s my guilty pleasure!). But, I hate her hair like that, and I just don’t understand the dress. Is that a sleeve on the side with the sling, is it part of the sling? It looks strange to me. But I think Nick looks dapper as can be! He would be worthy of BDMOTW if his look had been featured, IMO.