Lily Collins In Versace – Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Lily Collins In Versace - Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Lily Collins made a guest appearance on ‘Late Night with Jimmy Fallon’ to promote her latest movie ‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ yesterday evening.

Continuing the bold-outfit, bolder-dark-lip-colour trend which earned her the most-commented post yesterday, she opted for an eye-catching neon-yellow Versace Resort 2014 dress with a blood-red lip colour.

As much as I love the long-sleeved mummy-like bodycon ruched wrap dress against her pale skin tone, I prefer the shorter length as presented in the look book.

No prizes for guessing that I am also not a fan of the heavy dark-green Casadei platform shoes, especially when those sexy Versace sandals are making my heart ache.

Are the length of Lily’s dress and her shoe choice killing your love for this look too?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Naomi Watts In Thakoon - 'The Butler' New York Premiere

Naomi Watts In Thakoon – ‘The Butler’ New York Premiere

Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture - 'One Night Surprise' Beijing Premiere

Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – ‘One Night Surprise’ Beijing Premiere

18 Responses to Lily Collins In Versace – Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

1. Alina August 6, 2013 at 13:08 #

She destroyed the dress and the shoes are plain ugly.

• Lee Ann August 6, 2013 at 13:24 #

sadly she looks like Phil in a dress

• dee August 6, 2013 at 13:36 #

I agree.

• Christine August 6, 2013 at 14:19 #

Agreed.

2. Charlotte August 6, 2013 at 13:10 #

The shoes are ugly ! I can’t understand whi she chose this shoes ?!
    The shorter length is much better. This could have been a great look but it’s a fail. I hope we’ll see the dress on someone else, because the dress has a great potential.

3. Alicat August 6, 2013 at 13:13 #

The dress needs to end where the lining does. Why did she add the extra length? She is young and cute, and so is the dress on the model. Mind boggling. Then there are the shoes. It would be difficult to find an uglier pair.

4. gabis August 6, 2013 at 13:15 #

I LOVE it on the look book model but couldn’t care less on Lilly. The length and shoes completely ruined the dress.

• admmgz August 6, 2013 at 19:53 #

5. The Very Simon G August 6, 2013 at 13:36 #

Why oh why has she taken a gorgeous dress and made it so horrendous?? The length is uber unflattering and those shoes… YUK.

You’re right about both.

Someone needs to fire their stylist!

6. Louise August 6, 2013 at 13:38 #

I love her but she looks like she’s been mummified in this dress. The creases and length don’t look good.

7. Mandy August 6, 2013 at 13:51 #

Im really surprised she didnt wear the shorter version. I adore that colour on her but those cinder blocks destroy this look. Hopefully she gets the styling right for the premieres.

8. kane August 6, 2013 at 14:28 #

After yesterday’s risque look she’s playing it all too safe. No question which one I prefer! The length isn’t only all wrong, it also looks tagged on in the most uninspired, unconvincing way. The shoes are another unimaginative choice, the ones in the look book seem to be working much better. I can only see this at phone display-size at the moment, but I also have the impression the colour doesn’t go too well with her skin. I prefer this on the model altogether. Shame, I really liked yesterday’s look, but this feels like one step forward, two steps back.

9. Simon August 6, 2013 at 19:23 #

I think the length would be ok with sexy strappy sandals.

10. Susan August 6, 2013 at 20:26 #

Yep, I’m with you on this one.

11. KatieKate August 6, 2013 at 21:40 #

I think if I hadn’t seen the lookbook version, I wouldn’t hate the length as much. It’s not terrible, just not nearly as nice as the original version. The shoes only add to this perspective. Hers are terrible, especially with that length. Whereas the lookbook pair look amazing. Just about ANY other shoe would’ve been better.

12. Kathy August 7, 2013 at 02:19 #

Not liking this at all. The length is awkward and unflattering, the shoes are wrong, and the dark lip doesn’t go with the sunny yellow hue.

13. Jen August 8, 2013 at 04:12 #

The shoes are ugly, and the hem length tragic, but at least when she sits down (and it was a largely sitting appearance, I think) she lets it hike up to her knees and it looks much better. Of course, sitting doesn’t improve the shoes.

14. Prudence August 8, 2013 at 16:46 #

Too much fabric!!! Holy crap the length is disastrous and the shoes do not help her case!!