Rita Ora In Vionnet – Lytham Proms 2013

Rita Ora In Vionnet - Lytham Proms 2013

Following her performance at the Oxegen music festival in Ireland on Saturday, Rita Ora headed to Lytham St Annes, England to perform at yet another music festival on Sunday.

Keeping the gold-plated Vionnet belt from her last look, Rita donned a black crop top which she styled with black pleated leather Vionnet trousers from the Fall 2013 collection.

The cornrow hairstyle toughens up the already feisty look, with leather gloves, a selection of bracelets, and sneakers providing the accessories.

I liked the belt on the previous look, but it has an after-thought feeling here; it does little to enhance the look.

Credit: Style.com & XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM

Eva Longoria In Reem Acra - Global Gift Gala 2013

Eva Longoria In Reem Acra – Global Gift Gala 2013

Vanessa Hudgens' Giuseppe Zanotti Plated Heel Sandals

Vanessa Hudgens’ Giuseppe Zanotti Plated Heel Sandals

23 Responses to Rita Ora In Vionnet – Lytham Proms 2013

1. julyol1972 August 5, 2013 at 20:02 #

At this point, I’m almost at a loss for words. With the cornrows, sports bra, and “heavy-weight belt”, she seems to be channeling Leila Ali. I love Leila, but copying her fight-look as a performance outfit, (or any occasion outside the ring, for that matter) is a huge fail.

2. dee August 5, 2013 at 20:14 #

Don’t like this look.

3. Lisa August 5, 2013 at 21:29 #

Can we start a poll to to say “stop featuring Rita Ora”. I am so tired of seeing her!

• Alina August 5, 2013 at 22:10 #

• bunny August 5, 2013 at 22:24 #

• Nat August 6, 2013 at 01:07 #

• Zuzu August 6, 2013 at 01:23 #

I don’t get the fuss about her music and I don’t understand her fashion sense. I can appreciate Tilda Swinton and Cate Blanchett(I find that many people outside this site don’t understand their fashion choices) but I just don’t get it with Rita.She has opportunities to wear all of these wonderful outfits but ruins them with her styling.

• towanda August 6, 2013 at 02:06 #

+10000

• Kathy August 6, 2013 at 03:14 #

While I’ve never been a fan of Rita’s style and probably never will be, I don’t think it would be fair to stop featuring her on the site altogether. She’s not the worst fashion offender out there. And if we can’t balance the good with the bad, there won’t be any standard to compare the Cates and the Tildas of the world to. At the very least people like Rita give us some perspective.

• KatieKate August 6, 2013 at 04:01 #

Thank you for “paraphrasing” my point.

• Kathy August 6, 2013 at 10:57 #

I didn’t even see your comment when I wrote mine as it was further down the page. I’m sorry for the coincidence but I wasn’t copying you…

• KatieKate August 7, 2013 at 00:56 #

Then I guess Great minds think alike ;)

• towanda August 6, 2013 at 08:50 #

i think she’s worst. first she is copying rihanna. second whatever she wears even high-end brand clothes looks cheap on her

• AnnaP August 6, 2013 at 13:34 #

+1 – I’m so sick of her. She is talentless and always looks a mess and very UN-stylish. She is just a ghastly attention seeker IMO.

• Marko_M August 6, 2013 at 15:30 #

+ 1 000 000

• Carla August 7, 2013 at 01:54 #

Yes, please!

4. Rafael August 5, 2013 at 22:58 #

How to destroy a good runway look in 1 easy step.
    Step 1: Be Rita Ora

5. KatieKate August 6, 2013 at 01:38 #

While I typically dislike her overall looks, I still find it interesting and relevant to the current fashion conversation to see which designer pieces she is wearing and how she is styling them. If all we ever saw was the Cates and Tildas of the fashion world, we would have a very narrow, one-sided view of the fashion landscape. Not to mention, nothing to compare the better looks to, and therefore no way of truly appreciating them. IMHO.

6. Alicat August 6, 2013 at 01:52 #

Ms Ora does not have an innate sense of style. She swings all over the place, taking inspiration from others, but it mostly falls flat. It is a pity that a woman who has access to some of the most amazing clothing still manages to look so badly styled. Her regular appearance on this blog can be itrritating, but she is still wearing high fashion, albeit styled in her own, ” unique” way. My concern is that we do not want the negativity she can attract to lower the tone of the comments. As long as we are mindful of this, I think she has a place here. We don’t just want to see people who reinforce our own ideas of appropriate style and fashion.

7. Christine August 6, 2013 at 02:14 #

I am starting to get Rita Ora fatigue. So tired of her style. Not a fan of this look.

8. Kathy August 6, 2013 at 03:19 #

If you don’t care for Rita, don’t click on the link. It’s really that simple. When you listen to the radio, you just change the station if you dislike the song that’s playing. You wouldn’t necessarily petition to get rid of an artist that you can’t stand. There needs to be a mix to accommodate everyone’s individual aesthetic.

• CreoleLady August 6, 2013 at 08:54 #

Of course I can change the station and I do. However, I can still say that if I hear Blurred Lines just one more time, I’m going to scream even while I’m turning the dial. Same with seeing Rita.

Like Christine and some others, I too am getting Rita Ora fatigue. Heck, I’m fatigued every time I see Angelina Jolie in black AGAIN, lol. Anyway, this is FC’s blog and she can feature Ora morning, noon and night if she wants (lately, it seems she has). And I’ll comment on wall-to-wall Rita if I want — hopefully humorously and with kindness. Lisa’s “poll” suggestion tickled my funny bone, a humorous way of capturing the extent of reader Rita fatigue.

• Carla August 7, 2013 at 01:56 #