Eva Longoria In David Koma – Starlite Gala Dinner

Eva Longoria In David Koma - Starlite Gala Dinner

Eva Longoria also donned an LWD this weekend, while attending the Starlite Gala dinner in Marbella, Spain on Saturday evening.

The former ‘Desperate Housewives’ actress wore a David Koma Spring 2013 body-hugging frock featuring horizontal pleats, an open back and a patent-leather panel at the waist.

As you know, I am only a fan of Eva’s style for 12 days of the year, during Cannes Film Festival, and this dress is a classic example of why.

For someone with such a boxy figure, the horizontal pleats aren’t doing anything to flatter her.

The white Casadei pumps are too obvious, the gold clutch doesn’t really belong, plus the aqua nails are also a head scratcher.

155315

You can buy Eva’s David Koma dress from Stylebop US and Stylebop UK.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Lily Collins In Maxime Simoëns - Fox 29's 'Good Day'

Lily Collins In Maxime Simoëns – Fox 29’s ‘Good Day’

Television Critics Association's Summer Press Tour Party

Television Critics Association’s Summer Press Tour Party

21 Responses to Eva Longoria In David Koma – Starlite Gala Dinner

1. kane August 5, 2013 at 15:50 #

Spot on, FC, not right for her type. I also don’t feel the rest; the make up is particularly aging. I love your comment about the 12 days of Cannes, although she’s really failed at least me this year.

2. lea August 5, 2013 at 16:08 #

I think she looks good, her make up and the nail polish aren’t to my taste. But god is it needed to shame her body type to day you don’t like her dress? It’s not like women have a hard enough time with their body issues.

• kane August 5, 2013 at 16:36 #

Nobody is ‘shaming’ Eva. Just like everybody else, however, Eva Longoria isn’t perfect, which might also be taken as encouragement, and it’s all a matter of knowning your body and dressing a way to bring out the best in you. Critiquing, or let’s say commenting on, whether this has worked or not is pretty much what this blog is about.

• lea August 5, 2013 at 17:41 #

And you can do that without calling her figure boxy, sorry if i fail to see what a complement that is.

You could have said the dress isn’t working for her without going in the body shaming territory.

• kane August 5, 2013 at 18:00 #

So the problem is the use of the word ‘boxy’? You might have to get off this blog then. People use it on here all the time if they want to describe the lack of definition. It’s not about paying the woman in question a compliment or not, it’s about describing the effect a certain piece of clothing has on her appearance. I have not been aware of ‘boxy’ having an overall pejorative connotation and have never used it as such, but then again English isn’t my first language.

• c August 5, 2013 at 21:08 #

‘such a boxy figure’ would hurt a bit, I’m afraid. Tough talk!

• Kathy August 6, 2013 at 11:03 #

Saying that certain body types cannot wear certains kinds of clothes is not body shaming. No one’s saying “her body is boxy, therefore she shouldn’t try to wear dresses, period”. It’s more like “maybe she should find a silhouette more flattering for her shape”.

3. Alina August 5, 2013 at 16:08 #

I simply don’t get how a big celebrity like she is can’t find a person to style her properly.

4. Kittyvale August 5, 2013 at 16:18 #

She looks cool and summery. Leather panel makes her waist look small. She looks great!

• julyol1972 August 5, 2013 at 17:54 #

Agreed! My only issue is the lack of tailoring around the waist/rib area, which would have defined her waist even more. I think this would have made the “boxiness” less of an issue.

5. Christine August 5, 2013 at 16:20 #

Not a flattering dress

• MissCru August 5, 2013 at 16:22 #

Agree. The dress is beautiful, but not flattering on her.

• admmgz August 5, 2013 at 18:34 #

ITA

• dee August 5, 2013 at 16:49 #

Agree, not right for her body type.

6. Anj August 5, 2013 at 17:17 #

I don’t like the matchiness of her dress and shoes. I also think she’s too boxy to pull off a dress catered to someone with curves.

7. Kate August 5, 2013 at 18:09 #

she looks nice(minus matching shoes), but I preferred this dress on Jourdan Dunn

8. Marybeth August 5, 2013 at 19:06 #

The dress is not particularly flattering to her figure and the pumps, outside of being boring, give the look too much of a lunchtime feel.
    I’ll give the aqua nails a pass — they might have worked all right as a “beachy” touch had she worn summery sandals — but the make-up is too heavy.

9. KatieKate August 6, 2013 at 02:17 #

ITA with everything.

• KatieKate August 6, 2013 at 02:18 #

( that Marybeth said)

10. Kathy August 6, 2013 at 11:07 #

Perhaps it’s just the angle, but I’m not seeing a problem with the dress on her figure. I actually find the V-shape has a slimming effect. I really like the cleanness of white-on-white as well. Guess I’m in the minority when I say I’m pleased with this look.

11. jokebetweenthetrees August 6, 2013 at 12:37 #

I also do not like it. It looks to wide on the upper part of her body. Not good for her.
    I do like the nails! Summery :-)