01.08.13

Blake Lively for Lucky September 2013

Blake Lively Lucky

Blake Lively graces the cover of Lucky’s September 2013 issue which is a first for the new editor-in-chief, Eva Chen, formerly of Teen Vogue, who has given Lucky a makeover and taken the mag down a high-fashion route.

The former ‘Gossip Girl’ star wears a cornflower-blue Gucci wool coat on the cover with the tag line “I don’t have a stylist. I trust myself”. Which she has said several times before. We get it Blake.

The rest of her editorial shot by Patrick Demarchelier sees her wearing Givenchy, Anthony Vaccarello, H&M, Marc Jacobs and DKNY.

She opens up to the magazine about her marriage to Ryan Reynolds and the couple’s fashion sense.

You are read more, including the rest of Blake’s editorial over at LuckyMag.com. Here are some extracts from her interview. The magazine hits newsstands August 6.

On comments about her style: “I never think about how other people will respond to the way I dress. Dressing up is all about reflecting how I feel, not about the paparazzi”.

On marriage changing her style: “I was recently asked how my style has changed since I got married, as if I was living under some sort of dictatorship. I should hope I dress differently at 25 than I did when I graduated high school. I hope I never stop changing.”

On Ryan’s interior decorating skills: “I’m very lucky to be with someone who has better taste than me. We influence each other in different ways. With film and TV, you don’t see the results for months. Building a home, you get immediate gratification.”

Credit: Patrick Demarchelier for Lucky

Lily Collins In Sachin + Babi - ‘Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ Dolphin Mall Meet & Greet

Lily Collins In Sachin + Babi – ‘Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ Dolphin Mall Meet & Greet

Get the Looks: Rachel Bilson’s Gorgeous Red Carpet Makeup

Get the Looks: Rachel Bilson’s Gorgeous Red Carpet Makeup

13 Responses to Blake Lively for Lucky September 2013

1. Christine August 1, 2013 at 14:09 #

I am not liking the cover. Her facial expression is throwing me off. I do, however, like the clothes in the video shoot.

• Alina August 2, 2013 at 06:04 #

Too much photoshop!

2. Charlotte August 1, 2013 at 14:13 #

Once again too much photoshop ! It’s ridiculous, she looks much better in the video.

3. TeuntjeVDW August 1, 2013 at 14:32 #

Why do they use so much photoshop? Blake looks beautiful on her own!

4. Jazz August 1, 2013 at 16:02 #

What about Kerry Washington’s Vanity Fair August cover?

• TeaAtTwo August 2, 2013 at 00:16 #

I loved that cover, I prefer it over her Elle cover shot. But on VF cover she’s only wearing swimsuit rather proper runway fashion..

5. dee August 1, 2013 at 17:30 #

The cover is not good. Her face looks photoshopped and her expression is the same thing we’ve seen from her before in photoshoots.

6. Pedro August 1, 2013 at 18:41 #

She looks much better in the video!

7. molly August 1, 2013 at 20:19 #

That “I dont have a stylist” line is a load of BS. I have spoken to someone who has styled Blake for events in the past, and I’ll just say that anytime this girl has looked half decent, it was thanks to her stylist. Blake just says that she doesnt have one because she doesnt for every event but she does use a stylist. We thank that her lovely stylist for her entire wardrobe during “The Savages” press tour last summer.
    The cover is better than the magazines previous covers, but if Im not mistaken, isnt Anna Wintour heading the magazine now? That would explain why Im getting Vogue knock off vibes from it.

• KatieKate August 1, 2013 at 23:50 #

The other line of bull is the one where she states that she doesn’t care what anyone else thinks about what she wears, esp the paps. Riiiiiight.

8. naomie August 1, 2013 at 20:50 #

Good lord, that’s a lot of photoshopping

9. Cindy August 1, 2013 at 23:17 #

This for real?

Still waiting to see your review of Kidman in the August cover of Vogue.

10. KatieKate August 1, 2013 at 23:48 #

Too much F-ing Photoshop!!! I know it’s benn said already ad infinitum, but it’s just kind of an epidemic at this point, it’s appalling. I am not too impressed with the cover, but the photo shoot appears to have some great items.