31.07.13

Amber Heard for Flare September 2013

Amber Heard for Flare September 2013

Amber Heard dons a beige blouse by The Row and matching A.L.C. skirt for her Flare September 2013 cover which was shot by Kurt Iswarienko.

The rest of her editorial sees her wearing similar summery hued pieces by Derek Lam and Emilio Pucci.

Amber who talks to the mag about her upcoming movie, ‘Paranoia’, which she stars alongside Liam Hemsworth, growing up different, picking the right rolls and keeping mum about her relationship with Johnny Depp.

You can read the whole interview over at Flare.com. Here are some extracts:

On keeping quiet about her relationship with Johnny Depp: “It’s not part of my professional life. I want to be an artist. I don’t want to be a celebrity…You can find pictures of me [on the Internet] pumping gas, picking up dry cleaning, walking my dog, but nowhere are you going to find pictures of me hanging around at some nightclub…Can you ever imagine yourself in a situation like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie or Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, where the world feels like they have a stake in your private life? I would never want it… I guess I could not hold hands with who I want to, but what kind of life would that be? I don’t want to change just because people are watching. I’ve always been the person who says what she wants.”

On her new film, paranoia, with Liam Hemsworth: “I loved how you’re dealing with a lot of old themes like greed and power, but it’s such a modern story. My character basically had to be smart enough to manipulate Liam Hemsworth’s character. Yes, there are sex scenes, but it wasn’t like she was falling at his feet.”

On growing up different in Austin, Texas: “I hated the idea of school dances, hated whatever was going on in pop culture. I didn’t have any concept of celebrities or Hollywood. I was always reading, reading and listening to music.”

On going horror heroine over rom-com romance: “If there was an interesting rom-com script, I wouldn’t be against it, but the stuff I have gotten is just girls who are dying to get the guy or be saved by the guy…At least the female characters in horror movies fight back and do something for themselves. They’re not just sitting around waiting for a man to save the day.”

On picking the right roles: “[The script] doesn’t say that these characters are ‘sexy.’ I’m not picking them because of that. I take roles that are interesting, and scripts that have female characters with depth.”

Credit: Kurt Iswarienko for Flare

Burberry Prorsum Fall 2014 Womenswear Show

Burberry Prorsum Fall 2014 Womenswear Show

Blake Lively for Lucky September 2013

Blake Lively for Lucky September 2013

14 Responses to Amber Heard for Flare September 2013

1. rita July 31, 2013 at 16:40 #

“Can you ever imagine yourself in a situation like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie or Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, where the world feels like they have a stake in your private life?” Can celebrities stop victimizing BP and AJ. They don’t complain about the paps and are always treated respectfully by them. Besides, they are a really nice couple who takes the good with the bad all while remaining gracious and classy unlike KK and KW who complain about the paparazzis all the time yet if they are not photographed, they find something to get the attention back on themselves. She also needs to be reminded that now she’s with JD, her private life is over! On topic, she looks great as usual and unfortunately, she is more attractive than VP :-D

2. dee July 31, 2013 at 17:03 #

Not crazy about the outfit on the cover. I like the photo of her with the coat and the other photo with the Pucci dress. Hope she can keep her private life private which is going to be tough now that she is dating JD.

3. Prudence July 31, 2013 at 17:56 #

Okay this whole pink thing flare is doing is an awful idea. The backdrop does NOTHING for her and the outfit ( which is unbelievably lame for a September issue). Overall this is a fail.

4. Anj July 31, 2013 at 18:15 #

I love the cover outfit but this is not a cover look. It’s more like a catalog look for somewhere like J. Crew.

• Christine July 31, 2013 at 20:44 #

Agreed.

• KatieKate August 1, 2013 at 01:33 #

+2. And she seems to think she is really special doesn’t she? Bad interviewee or brat? Not sure-maybe both. Not impressed.

• cherrysoftness August 1, 2013 at 02:26 #

I have to agree with you. I can’t help but be distracted by her interview. I’m a bit shocked by how seriously she took herself, in a mind-boggling cliche way. I’ll try to not think of this interview in the future if she shows up in a great outfit – it’s so childish, it really dampens her overall appeal to me.

• Valissa August 1, 2013 at 08:39 #

Hmmm I got that impression after reading the interview. My initial reaction once I finished was “get over yourself”.
        She is beautiful though…not that this spread does her any justice. It’s bland and boring.

5. kimtram July 31, 2013 at 20:35 #

Usually I dislike it when skirts or dresses have that sort of length. I rather it be above the knee or all the way down to your feet. But of course there are always exception A.D…meaning this one. I think this is a very chic business attire that can be worn for the office and for going out to meet ups. Love it!

6. julyol1972 July 31, 2013 at 22:19 #

Totally underwhelmed by the cover and her outfit, the hot librarian/office getup she’s wearing, doesn’t encourage me to buy this magazine at all. However, the greatest transgression here is her hair. WTH is that on her head? Not only is the ombre totally wrong for her head, and looks like she needed a good conditioner before the shoot, but that shade in particular does nothing for her. I really wish she was still rocking the blond, because that really worked with her persona and her natural sexiness.

• KatieKate August 1, 2013 at 01:34 #

Totally.

• Denise August 1, 2013 at 07:12 #

Don’t like the hair either. It’s the first thing I noticed. The cover outfit is too tame for Amber. Agree on all your points.

7. Kathy August 1, 2013 at 09:18 #

Lackluster cover and ill-suited hair. It looks like it belongs in one of my grandmother’s old sewing books from the 80s. Amber is beautiful and wears clothes wonderfully, but this spread does nothing for her. The interview also really irks me. I can’t stand it when celebrities name-drop other celebrities to make a point (unless of course they’re being referred to as a friend or colleague). Amber could’ve made herself just as clear without speculating about other couple’s lives. And the quote about not playing a damsel-in-distress is so clichéd.

8. Kathy August 1, 2013 at 09:19 #

And is it just me, or is there WAY too much text on that cover? Feels like an instruction manual.