30.07.13 Screening

Zosia Mamet In Rebecca Minkoff – ‘The Spectacular Now’ New York Screening

Zosia Mamet In Rebecca Minkoff - 'The Spectacular Now' New York Screening

Zosia Mamet attended the screening for ‘The Spectacular Now’ at The Crow’s Nest on Friday in Montauk, New York.

The ‘Girls’ actress rarely grabs my attention on the red carpet, but in this case she did, and for all the wrong reasons.

Working the red carpet can be a daunting experience, but the actress has had enough practice to get it right and know how to play the game.

Here she gets it oh-so-very-wrong in her Rebecca Minkoff Resort 2014 printed top and jacket styled with red satin shorts.

I was going to say ‘Where shall I start?’ but it’s all bad. The satin shorts aren’t flattering; maybe she should’ve considered just the printed jacket or the top, and then there’s the messy hair to contend with.

But that is all fixable. What pulls this look down the most is her ‘I don’t wanna be here attitude’ and her poor posture.

Credit: Getty

Sarah Michelle Gellar In Izmaylova - CW, CBS And Showtime 2013 Summer TCA Party

Sarah Michelle Gellar In Izmaylova – CW, CBS And Showtime 2013 Summer TCA Party

Claire Danes In Thakoon - 'Homeland' Panel Discussion: 2013 Summer TCA Tour

Claire Danes In Thakoon – ‘Homeland’ Panel Discussion: 2013 Summer TCA Tour

14 Responses to Zosia Mamet In Rebecca Minkoff – ‘The Spectacular Now’ New York Screening

1. Rebecca Z July 30, 2013 at 19:54 #

She looked good in something the other day, but generally she is a train wreck.

2. dee July 30, 2013 at 20:05 #

This a such a bad look.

• dee July 30, 2013 at 20:06 #

*is

3. Anj July 30, 2013 at 20:13 #

I don’t watch the show Girls and I hear her character is upbeat, but she ALWAYS looks lifeless, like a drugged up marionette doll, that I just cannot handle her. She always wears short things and they almost always look bad on her. It’s like a 70s nightmare and this is no exception.

4. Alina2 July 30, 2013 at 20:25 #

What, oh WHAT in God’s name, is going on with her eyebrows? It’s like she has two sets of them, one higher and one lower. Even with this unflattering outfit, that was the very first thing that grabbed my attention.

5. Joy2 July 30, 2013 at 20:30 #

How sad that the poor girl seems to be forced into these promo events when she is clearly so uncomfortable.

• Sharon July 30, 2013 at 23:47 #

Her talent is pretending. Why not use it now? But even a change in attitude wouldn’t help this look.

6. Noemi July 30, 2013 at 21:05 #

So ugly that it scares, really. I only save the shoes.

7. liz July 30, 2013 at 21:36 #

good LORD!!!! why??????? this is so hideous. I just don’t get it. I dont’ get it. I DON’T GET IT.

8. kimtram July 30, 2013 at 21:36 #

Couldn’t agree with you more! It’s pretty clear that this look wasn’t appealing. I don’t know what she was thinking

9. Alicat July 30, 2013 at 23:44 #

Usually there is something positive to be found but not here. The hideous jacket tucked into RED,SATIN shorts. The red, platformed shoes. The unstyled hair. The unpolished makeup. But the worst aspect of this is the attitude. If it’s really that bad girl, don’t do it. Then again, is it really so hard to smile? WDOTY contender. And worst attitude.

• Denise July 31, 2013 at 06:37 #

+1 especially on worst attitude.

10. KatieKate July 31, 2013 at 04:00 #

I think it’s pretty safe to say that it can’t get any worse than this. So, I guess the good news is she has nowhere to go but up. (Fingers crossed!)

11. Christine July 31, 2013 at 05:28 #

I don’t get the hype around the show girls or her in general. This is such a horrid look.I am starting to think she is doing this on purpose to warrant attention.