Menu

Paula Patton In Basil Soda – ‘2 Guns’ New York Premiere

Paula Patton In Basil Soda - '2 Guns' New York Premiere

Paula Patton took to the red carpet in dramatic fashion for the ‘2 Guns’ New York premiere held at SVA Theater in New York City yesterday evening.

The beautiful actress opted to wear a Basil Soda Fall 2012 black-and-white patterned gown with a plunging neckline and central slit.

Breaking the cardinal rule of red carpet dressing, the actress opted to showcase both legs and boobs, taking the elegance out of the look as it was presented on the model.

Factor in those heavy black-and-white pumps and we have another so-close-yet-so-far-from-being-perfect look.

A pop of colour via her yellow manicure, black-and-white patterened earrings and a slightly off-centre ponytail, which should’ve been an updo, provided the finishing touches.

Credit: Basil Soda & Getty

Gwen Stefani's Quay Eyewear Sunglasses

Gwen Stefani’s Quay Eyewear Sunglasses

Priyanka Chopra In Roberto Cavalli - 'The Exotic' Millions Of Milkshakes Launch

Priyanka Chopra In Roberto Cavalli – ‘The Exotic’ Millions Of Milkshakes Launch

19 Responses to Paula Patton In Basil Soda – ‘2 Guns’ New York Premiere

1. MaddyEliza August 3, 2013 at 00:00 #

Normally I love Basil Soda, but even on the model I hate this dress–and Paula makes it so much worse.

2. Nathalie19 August 1, 2013 at 12:04 #

Disappointing indeed..

What i don’t get is why she’s always so-so pretty in the movies and so-so terrible in real life? The movies i’ve seen with her, she plays very shy and nice perons and it suit her so well. But that’s not who she is in real life.

3. Nat39 July 30, 2013 at 23:09 #

What a let down, such a great gown, sexy, dramatic, this could’ve been a great moment, too bad she tackified it.

4. KatieKate July 30, 2013 at 22:50 #

Soooooo disappointed. This dress is amazing, and Paula is amazing, but together, it equals disaster. I believe this could have been better, if she had worn one size larger, zipped the top up more, and the bottom down more, AND worn better shoes. Oh yeah, and different hair….okay, so maybe it couldn’t have been saved.

5. Rebecca Z July 30, 2013 at 16:41 #

Sad–this is beyond tacky. Every decision she made was wrong.

6. gabis July 30, 2013 at 13:47 #

Impressive how she turned a fairly sexy, sophisticated gown into a cheap, tacky piece. Everything screams trashy on this look from the ponytail to the yellow nails and the shoes, the boobs, the slit. Awful.

7. Fanny July 30, 2013 at 13:37 #

I guess she took the movie title “2 guns” too literally?

8. kane July 30, 2013 at 13:15 #

High slit, this kind of neckline PLUS an open back?! I was going to give this dress the benefit of the doubt of being let down by its wearer, but no way. It had it coming. Tacky.

9. Valissa July 30, 2013 at 12:40 #

This is so bad! Everything from the side ponytail (huh?) to the boobs, legs and shoes. Just horrible!

10. Alicat July 30, 2013 at 12:31 #

What a gorgeous dress on the model. Wonderful silhouette. It is such a shame Paua interpreted it this way. The boobage is an eyeful enough, but the central split with the white shoes is tragic. I hope the dress gets another outing but styled in a more tasteful way.

11. Denise July 30, 2013 at 12:23 #

This is not starting well.Surely there must be a dress that flatters her fabulous body type. I hope her stylist decides to find it.

12. Rashmi July 30, 2013 at 12:03 #

Can we please style this beautiful woman. Inspite of all the Not Quite looks, I know she can have a perfect RC look.
    In this, I cringed when I saw the shoes + boobs.

13. Alina July 30, 2013 at 11:49 #

I just don’t get how a beautiful woman like her can’t get it right just once. I simply don’t get it.

• AnderBoBo July 30, 2013 at 13:12 #

My thoughts exactly, one would think by sheer happenstance she’d pull together at least one solid look.

• dee July 30, 2013 at 13:30 #

I agree.

• Christine July 30, 2013 at 14:12 #

I said the same thing ages ago. This is beyond tacky. I am starting to think maybe it’s not her stylist but her.

• Maz July 30, 2013 at 15:39 #

Please no! I really like this woman…I still choosing to believe her stylist hates her. It’s the only explanation I can take…

• julyol1972 July 30, 2013 at 21:54 #

And with a husband like Robin Thicke, who’s pretty much always impeccably suited, I would think she would want to do better. She’s too beautiful for the crap she wears!

• Christine July 31, 2013 at 05:38 #

It’s a sad thing, Maz. But think about it. At the end of the day, The celeb have the final say on what they wear on the RC. They pay the stylists to pull looks for them so they won’t have to do it. I am starting to think this is all her. Her style and her taste. She could’ve decline on wearing this dress. Celebs are not forced to wear anything they feel uncomfortable in especially if they are paying said stylist to dressed them.

Just my 2 cents.