Skylar Diggins In DVF & Melanie Fiona In Vintage - 14th Annual 'Art for Life' Hamptons Gala

Skylar Diggins and Melanie Fiona attended the 14th Annual Art for Life Hamptons Gala in Bridgehampton, New York, on Saturday.

Skylar Diggins: The WNBA star wore a Diane von Furstenberg Pre-Fall 2013 jumpsuit with smooth banding accents, a graphic lace overlay and a cross-over front, which she styled with burgundy Saint Laurent sandals and a gold DVF clutch. You’ll be surprised to learn that I wish the sandals were black on this occasion.

Melanie Fiona: I am obsessed with the two-time Grammy winner’s vintage dress. The part-nautical, part Versace-esque dress with a plunging neckline was styled with Casadei sandals and a complementary gold Deepa Guarini clutch. As much as I love jumpsuits, I much prefer Melanie’s vintage frock for both the print, colour and styling; however, I would love to rock both looks.

Diane von Furstenberg Shany Abstract Floral Lace Jumpsuit

You can buy Skylar’s Diane von Furstenberg Shany Abstract Floral Lace Jumpsuit from Shopbop.com, Nordstrom, Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys, Matches Fashion Global and Matches Fashion UK.

Credit: Style.com & Johnny Nunez

Kiernan Shipka In RED Valentino - Variety's 7th annual Power of Youth Event

Kiernan Shipka In RED Valentino – Variety’s 7th annual Power of Youth Event

Alice Eve In Milia M - Audi International Polo

Alice Eve In Milia M – Audi International Polo

9 Responses to Skylar Diggins In Diane von Furstenberg & Melanie Fiona In Vintage – 14th Annual ‘Art for Life’ Hamptons Gala

1. dee July 29, 2013 at 20:37 #

I like the black, lace jumpsuit and I like the addition of the red sandals. I do not like Melanie’s dress. It is too loud and I think she has too many gold accessories.

2. Nat39 July 29, 2013 at 20:53 #

Much prefer Skylar, sexy and delicate, and actually like the burgundy sandals, they work wonderfully.
    It almost looks like a ‘pajama dress’ on Melanie, the print (which I’m not a fan of) overwhelms her and she is drowning in it.

3. julyol1972 July 29, 2013 at 21:59 #

FC, I could totally see you in the jumpsuit, as it appears to be your aesthetic. I must say that I like the unexpected pop of color from the burgundy sandals too.

4. CreoleLady July 29, 2013 at 23:10 #

I like the jumpsuit on Skylar. On the fence re Melanie, maybe that print will grow on me.

• Alina July 30, 2013 at 05:13 #

5. Alicat July 29, 2013 at 23:24 #

I don’t like either look, but the lace jumpsuit is the better of the two. My problem with it is the way the waist band sits low on the hips causing the fabric to drape (balloon?) from the bust so giving absolutely no waist definition. It does look better on the second model. The Vintage dress is even too shapeless for my taste in pyjamas. The print is loud and clashing – nightmare inducing.

6. KatieKate July 30, 2013 at 01:36 #

I love the jumpsuit, but agree on the sandals needing to be black. As for the vintage printed dress, I see what you like about it-the nautical feel is perfect for the Hamptons, and it does give off a Versace vibe, which is esp poignant right now, as their Resort 2014 collection is very nautical, and this particular color pops up a lot. However, I just don’t think it works on her. On you, FC, it would be a dream.

7. Christine July 30, 2013 at 04:01 #

Melanie Fiona looks good.I like the dress/.

8. Rebecca Z July 30, 2013 at 16:57 #

Great jumpsuit. Would love to see the dress from a better angle. I would also like to see Skylar standing up straight in the jumpsuit as I am sure it would improve the drape.