Astrid Munoz In Giambattista Valli Couture - ‘Love Ball’ In Support Of The Naked Heart Foundation

Astrid Muñoz attended the ‘Love Ball’ hosted by Natalia Vodianova in support of The Naked Heart Foundation at Opera Garnier in Monaco on Saturday.

The model-turned-photographer looked beautiful wearing a Giambattista Valli Fall 2013 Couture white off-the-shoulder gown with red floral embroidery which was accented with a silver knotted Luigi Scialanga for Giambattista Valli belt as worn on the runway.

Taking the colour palette of her gown into consideration, she opted for a red lip colour; however, when it came to her clutch she selected a green perspex Charlotte Olympia ‘Pandora’ clutch which provided a striking contrast.

Inspired by the runway styling, she slicked her hair back off her shoulders, completing her look with gold jewels.

Credit: Style.com & Love Ball – Naked Heart Foundation

Nina Garcia In Victoria Beckham & Heidi Klum In Vivienne Westwood Anglomania - Project Runway Season 12 Episode 1

Nina Garcia In Victoria Beckham & Heidi Klum In Vivienne Westwood Anglomania – Project Runway Season 12 Episode 1

Tilda Swinton In Valentino Couture - 'Snowpiercer' Seoul Press Conference

Tilda Swinton In Valentino Couture – ‘Snowpiercer’ Seoul Press Conference

25 Responses to Astrid Munoz In Giambattista Valli Couture – ‘Love Ball’ In Support Of The Naked Heart Foundation

1. Martin July 29, 2013 at 12:44 #

This look is perfection. And I am absolutely loving the silver knotted belt and the Charlotte Olympia clutch. Completely unexpected, particularly the clutch, but the styling really elevates this look for me. Definite BDOTW contender in my opinion.

• Denise July 29, 2013 at 12:51 #

Agree on all points. BDOTW contender. What a Monday !

• Fiona-Brasil July 29, 2013 at 13:39 #

+1.Stunning look!

• Noemi July 29, 2013 at 18:17 #

I agree with you, better on her than on the model, for me.

• CreoleLady July 29, 2013 at 19:11 #

ITA. Been scrolling through boring black looks from Angelina Jolie and color-challenged Tilda Swinton looks, so this dramatic dress comes as a breath of fresh air.

2. dee July 29, 2013 at 13:39 #

I don’t like the bag with the dress and I wish she wore her hair up. The dress looks great on her.

• Alina July 29, 2013 at 14:03 #

• Marybeth July 29, 2013 at 17:05 #

Yes. The dress is fussy enough and the contrast in color between the fabric and the belt is severe enough that the last thing she needed was to introduce an entirely new color in the clutch.

I also agree about the hair. A simple updo would have been much, much better.

3. Anne July 29, 2013 at 13:41 #

I’m not sold on the color of the belt. It’s a bit jarring. Otherwise, this is a showstopper of a look.

• Anj July 29, 2013 at 18:08 #

I agree. I think she looks better in the dress than the model but why such a dark color paired with such a light dress? Bad styling on both fronts. The bag doesn’t go either.

• Nat39 July 29, 2013 at 19:14 #

The styling isn’t that good on both, agreed. That belt feels wrong, too harsh.

• Dhppy July 30, 2013 at 04:50 #

Agreed. The dark belt stops the soft visual flow of the gown.

• MissCru July 31, 2013 at 18:16 #

+10000

4. kane July 29, 2013 at 14:07 #

I adore this on the runway. I agree the belt is quite jarring, but there it works because it’s the only thing that breaks up the dreaminess of the look, while on the RC you also have the clutch and the harsher lip colour. Also Astrid’s hair is so middle-of-the-road. I’m really disappointed by the styling.

5. Lalaine July 29, 2013 at 14:19 #

Stunning.

6. Alicat July 29, 2013 at 14:20 #

Stunning dress. She looks gorgeous.

7. kimtram July 29, 2013 at 14:31 #

As soon as I can accept the belt, this dress will look perfect in my eyes!

8. Christine July 29, 2013 at 15:05 #

This is beautiful!

9. Vicky July 29, 2013 at 16:33 #

OK, I gotta point out that from far away, the flowers just look like bloody splotches. So I vote “No” on this look.

10. Prudence July 29, 2013 at 16:46 #

Omggg my fave look from this collection already on the rc and sadly I am not loving it! I kind of saved this for Zoe in my heart so thats probably why im not excited. I also wish the train was shorter and that she had done either a sleek ponytail or a cool updo.

11. Nat39 July 29, 2013 at 18:14 #

I love the gown, so gorgeous, beautiful statuesque silhouette, soft yet dramatic. The belt, however, feels too harsh for it, a soft updo would’ve been much preferred, and the clutch is way out of place.

• KatieKate July 29, 2013 at 23:09 #

I agree, except that the belt is growing on me. I’m surprised she chose to wear that belt, which was designed especially for the runway, and was worn with all of the looks, probably for continuity, and Valli has experimented with these types of ‘avant-garde’ belts before. People have worn them on the RC with varying degrees of success. This is more a hit than a miss for me, but I do see the struggle to accept it. I agree that the clutch makes no sense, the hair could have been better up, and I wish she would have worn the sleeve draped over her shoulder, as on the runway. BUT all in all, this is lovely!

12. the ogre July 29, 2013 at 18:32 #

I am completely enamoured by the utter perfection of this look. She nailed it! I love the gown. And she has enhanced its beauty by styling it so right!

13. TeaAtTwo July 30, 2013 at 20:32 #

I love the gown. I’d have chosen a red belt but her dark hair, the belt and the clutch work work as interesting contrasting accents. BDOTW worthy

14. Elena_cs August 1, 2013 at 21:57 #