Cate Blanchett In Alexander McQueen – ‘Blue Jasmine’ LA Premiere

Cate Blanchett In Alexander McQueen - ‘Blue Jasmine’ LA Premiere

Cate Blanchett was back on the red carpet yesterday evening at the AMPAS Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills for the LA premiere of ‘Blue Jasmine’.

The actress opted for a sleek Alexander McQueen black-and-ivory sleeveless gown with a drop-waist black waistband and draped detail on the hips.

She looks beautiful as always, but I think it would be impossible for her to top her Balenciaga gown from earlier in the week.

Along with her side-swept ‘do and glossy red lips, Cate accessorized with Christian Louboutin ‘Lagoula’ sandal, a unique Roger Vivier ‘Casino Royale Boite de Nuit’ clutch which had white bristles on one side resembling a brush.

The few of you who didn’t like the previous gown, how do you feel about this more modern, minimalist look?

Credit: Getty

48 thoughts on “Cate Blanchett In Alexander McQueen – ‘Blue Jasmine’ LA Premiere

1. Charlotte

Beautiful as always ! I really like the back of the dress and the draped details on the hips.
    I don’t rellay like the hair though.

1. Hannah

+1. I cant even think of any other promo tours after the first few looks from this one. I am hoping that this tour lasts as long as the disastrous and tedious Salma Hayek Puss in Boots one. If only…..

2. CreoleLady

I prefer this one. The more I looked at the Balenciaga, the more I disliked it (she looked pregnant from some angles). From the front, this gown looks fine, not sure about the rear view or those shoes. Interesting clutch.

3. Carolina

Gorgeous – now THIS is Cate at her best. While some may feel it was a work of art, off the runway the Balenciaga was hideous and ill-fitted, a lampshade of a dress. This dress enhances the wearer.

1. Nat39

Now THIS is perfection. Sleek, modern, FANTASTIC look on her, the styling is impeccable, the look really brings out the best in Cate, she carries it off amazingly well.
      She looked like she was in her 3rd trimester in her Balenciaga, for crying out loud…A work of art?? Hardly…more like an avant-garde maternity craft project, a poorly-executed, not a very tasteful design.

4. kane

This one for me too. The Balenciaga might have been more experimental and more of a standout, but this one comes way closer to ‘wouldn’t change a thing.’

5. Yeliz

I don’t like the draped detail on the hips. Other than that, it’s a gorgeous minimalistic look.

6. Anne

Now this? This I love. She looks like a museum statue. Simple, classy, fabulous hair & makeup and just a teeny tiny bit of quirk with the clutch.

7. Henrique

I love the Balenciaga she wore earlier this week, but I love this even more. God, this is flawless.

8. Namel

AMAZING! The Balecianga became bad watching this. This has to be in BDOTW. Great styling, perfect fit and fun clutch. Not really sure for the detail in the back but it doesn’t bother me much.

9. Marybeth

Very nice! I might prefer to see this on someone with very long legs since the drop waist tends to make the legs look short. Still, Cate has the presence to stand tall and carry it off beautifully.

The more I look at the Balenciaga, the less I like it.

1. KatieKate

I feel strangely the same way: ‘The more I look at the Balenciaga, the less I like it”. Not to mention, I hadn’t seen this amazingness yet. So, for me, this is THE ONE, THE ONLY, THE BDOTW.

10. Rebecca Z

This is pretty, but i still prefer the Balenciaga. That was magnificent, this is boring in comparison.

11. Maryam

I love the dress, I think it is perfect on her. a different chic from the Balenciaga. not crazy about the hair, though.

12. Maryam

13. Tana

She looks beautiful. Minor point, her figure doesn’t look the best here. Especially her hips and waist.

14. Hannah

Can we have both her looks for BDOTW? They are both gorgeous! I guess that would make it difficult to choose between them, though…..

15. Karim

I love how effortless this ensemble looks, yet so sophisticated. It’s all in the details. Flawless as always!

16. Charlotte

She is out of this world beautiful, but I kind of prefer the Balenciaga dress she wore the other night, it was much more interesting and also her make up was better. Anyway she looks gorgeous as always

17. Sharon

I love this! I am getting a bit tired of black, but black and white is a whole different thing. Absolutely gorgeous.

18. Prudence

At first glance I liked this look but after looking through the getty images I think she looks rather boxy. She has like zero shape at all and the dress accentuates that. Yes this is much better than the awful Balenciaga but she can do so much better. Time to call Mr Armani.

19. Fatima

I actually like the simplicity of this dress in contrast to the ones she usually favors. I really love that it is form fitting but also loose in some parts.

20. Lynn

This and the Balenciaga dress are great looks, but I’m a little surprised that she has not worn any Armani dress considering she is now the face of the brand.

21. Denise

Stunning ! BDOTW. Hair, makeup and styling perfect !
    No comparison to the unflattering Balenciaga.

22. TeaAtTwo

She looks fabulous here, modern and slick but I’m still in love with classical vintage beauty of her Balenciaga look.