Vera Farmiga In Calvin Klein – ‘Bates Motel’ Party

Vera Farmiga In Calvin Klein - 'Bates Motel' Party

Vera Farmiga attended A&E’s ‘Bates Motel’ Party during Comic-Con 2013 held at Gang Kitchen on Saturday in San Diego, California.

The actress wore a Calvin Klein Spring 2013 black satin below-the-knee strapless frock with a gold frame outlining the sweetheart neckline and with a thicker sheer panel than the same dress presented on the runway.

Vera accessorized her look with Jimmy Choo ‘Lumina’ cream pumps enlivened with metallic-gold trims and a gold toe-cap, a Bottega Veneta black-and-cream clutch, plus a stack of arm candy, with a simple updo and a rouge lip colour providing the finishing touches.

It’s black again, but I find myself enamoured of the sophistication of this look.

Does it have a little too much polish for Comic-Con?

10434454_2213933_1000

You can buy Vera’s Jimmy Choo ‘Lumina’ pumps from Nordstrom, farfetch.com US, farfetch.com and Saks.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Fergie Duhamel In Calvin Klein Collection - amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

Fergie Duhamel In Calvin Klein Collection – amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

Solange Knowles In Prada - 'Blue Jasmine' New York Premiere

Solange Knowles In Prada – ‘Blue Jasmine’ New York Premiere

13 Responses to Vera Farmiga In Calvin Klein – ‘Bates Motel’ Party

1. Alina July 23, 2013 at 14:06 #

I can’t picture her wearing something that’s Comic Con appropriate.
    I love how elegant she looks.

2. Charlotte July 23, 2013 at 14:09 #

I don’t really like the dress, the neckline is not flaterring and the fabric looks cheap. Though, she looks good.

3. gabis July 23, 2013 at 14:24 #

She looks great but definitely too dressed up for Comic-Con and I blame the styling. The hair, pumps, clutch and bracelets are all just too much for an event where laidbackness is the key word.
    She needed a playful styling and a shorter hemline.

4. Yeliz July 23, 2013 at 14:30 #

Since this was a party and not a press conference, I think it’s appropriate. Sometimes I like to see well styled polished looks at Comic Con. She looks chic and great.

• ggggg July 23, 2013 at 17:22 #

I feel like a lot stars over dressed for Comic-Con. But she’s not at a press conference like you said. It’s probably a cocktail party, so this look makes sense.

• KatieKate July 23, 2013 at 23:26 #

+2 I agree, b/c this is a party, and I feel sure an evening one at that, she looks spot on. I did not like her last look, and this ticks all the boxes I had in mind for her. She looks insane–in a good way! :-)

5. kane July 23, 2013 at 14:41 #

Sadly, no. I’m sad she lined it and the shoes don’t really go with the length of the skirt. She looks okay, but I find it quite aging.

• Rebecca Z July 23, 2013 at 16:08 #

+1 She often styles her looks in an aging way–it is too bad, she is such a pretty woman. She needs to spend a week with Cate Blanchete or Helen Mirren–they could teach her to liven up her classic beauty.

6. Christine July 23, 2013 at 14:48 #

Not liking this look.

7. dee July 23, 2013 at 15:07 #

Don’t care for the dress and the shoes are too conservative for the event.

8. Lalaine July 23, 2013 at 15:18 #

The dress is not working on her.

9. ggggg July 23, 2013 at 17:26 #

I like the runway version better. The styling and hair is aging her badly. If she wore the runway look with those shoes or other sandals, the bracelet she has,and her hair down it would be better.

10. KatieKate July 23, 2013 at 23:29 #

I just don’t understand. I look at her, in context, h2t, and think she looks impeccable. This is one instance that I truly can’t see what the criticism is about. ???