23.07.13

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Jenny Packham – St. Mary’s Hospital

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Jenny Packham - St Mary's Hospital

Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge left St. Mary’s hospital in Paddington, London this evening with their baby son, who is third in line to the British throne.

Both mummy and daddy wore blue, with mummy’s bespoke cornflower-blue crepe-de-chine dress courtesy of her favourite designer, Jenny Packham.

If it wasn’t bespoke I’m sure it would be sold out by now.

Her polka-dot dress was somewhat reminiscent of the polka-dot dress Diana, Princess of Wales wore while leaving the same hospital carrying Prince William back on June 22, 1982.

Showcasing blow-dried soft curls, Catherine styled her look with La Pierre Imperia wedges and subtle silver earrings.

Earlier on this evening, I said on twitter that I hoped the newborn would be named George.

Followers came back with a lot of great suggestions, including Spencer (now my joint favourite, as a nice homage to William’s late mother), James, Albert, Edward (an homage to Edward John Spencer, Diana’s father’s name), Daniel and Philip – all traditional names fit for a royal baby.

Credit: Getty

Jessica Alba's Current/Elliott Animal Print Hoodie & J Brand Agnes Sweatshirt Pants

Jessica Alba’s Current/Elliott Animal Print Hoodie & J Brand Agnes Sweatshirt Pants

Fan Bingbing In Ashish - 'One Night Surprise' Beijing Press Conference

Fan Bingbing In Ashish – ‘One Night Surprise’ Beijing Press Conference

31 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Jenny Packham – St. Mary’s Hospital

1. Zuzu July 23, 2013 at 23:50 #

Congrats to Catherine and William! I was convinced they were having a daughter but then I heard the news. My bets are on George as well. I can’t wait to see what they name him.

Catherine looks beautiful!

2. Yeliz July 24, 2013 at 00:03 #

I got emotional and teary eyed when I saw these photos. They are a perfect little family now and I am so happy for them. Catherine is glowing, she looks gorgeous. I love how they both wore blue.

I didn’t think of a name for the baby, but now I also think that Spencer would be a great one. Followed by a couple of other traditional names of course.

• KatieKate July 24, 2013 at 00:21 #

I teared up as well. I am so surprised that I got so emotional. Somehow I managed not to shed a tear one, for baby North West. ??? Anyway, they look brilliant. Just the happiness on their faces truly warms my heart. And here I go again…damn time of the month….

• Jess2 July 24, 2013 at 01:22 #

I got a bit teary as well. Such a beautiful family, I’m so excited. William was just beaming as he spoke about his little prince. Catherine looks so lovely and so happy. I wish I was in London right now to feel the atmosphere but I very much look forward to our future King visiting us in Australia. I think Spencer would be a wonderful choice and I also like James.

• admmgz July 24, 2013 at 17:47 #

ITA w/ everything that’s been said by the ladies above :)

3. Marybeth July 24, 2013 at 01:13 #

As Yeliz (above) says, baby blue was the perfect choice to wear! Both Catherine and William look wonderful.

Despite the little dispute we Americans had with one King George ;) I like that name. I think that all of Britain’s World War II allies, not to mention Queen Elizabeth, would be especially pleased to honor George VI.
    Then again, Edward might be a good name since it honors both Diana’s father and many English kings.

In any case, congratulations to the parents and to the whole UK! It’s a joyous day!

4. Dhppy July 24, 2013 at 01:25 #

Richard. There hasn’t been a King Richard in ages.

• molly July 24, 2013 at 03:09 #

Thats because they believe the name is cursed!

• Moxie July 24, 2013 at 15:36 #

I thought it was the name John they thought was cursed.

• molly July 25, 2013 at 20:40 #

Its both names. If you look back in history, things have not ended well for men named Richard and John.

5. Christine July 24, 2013 at 02:48 #

Awww. Kate looks adorable. And congrats to them!

6. Nishta July 24, 2013 at 03:53 #

She looks so genuine and happy here. It’s one of the rare occasions where I like her and what she’s wearing. Congratulations!

On a side note I was really hoping for a girl. But it’s amazing nonetheless!

• Alina July 24, 2013 at 07:40 #

7. dee July 24, 2013 at 04:20 #

Wish them well and she looks great. I like Spencer myself.

8. Noemi July 24, 2013 at 06:43 #

If it wasn’t for the belly, I think that she hardly looked like a woman who just gave birth. She looks incredibly good.
    But the dress looks a bit like a nightgown.
    I saw them on tv and I think they have been really nice when they “introduce” the baby.

9. Ella July 24, 2013 at 07:18 #

I love Spencer–I think that would be a beautiful homage to Princess Diana. However, I also like James and Philip.

As to the Duchess, Catherine looked gorgeous!

10. Denise July 24, 2013 at 09:17 #

She looks radiant just one day after giving birth! They are adorable! I like Edward for the cute baby boy !

11. Jey July 24, 2013 at 09:36 #

Hehe the dresses are very similar. What I find realy interesting though, is that the white cloth/blanket in which this new baby is wrapped, and then one in which Prince William was wrapped look identical. The patter is hard to make out, but it looks exactly the same. Perhaphs he kept it! =D

12. lin July 24, 2013 at 09:37 #

She looked fresh and gorgeous. Congrats to them both. Hope the name is not going to be George, a very stodgy name for a tiny baby. Hope its Alexander or James or even Arthur.

13. Rashmi July 24, 2013 at 12:01 #

Aww, I am in love with the pics! They look so adorable together with color coordinated looks. And is she glowing!!! Love love love..
    Btw, am with ‘Spencer’. It somehow for unknown reasons suits the baby prince :D

14. Regina July 24, 2013 at 13:39 #

Looking great. I wish she’d keep a few pounds on. As for the name, I’d love Alexander, but I have a feeling it’ll be more traditional like George…

15. Alexandra July 24, 2013 at 14:12 #

What a great day! I hope the baby prince is healthy and strong because great responsibilities are upon him. I wonder if he would be to his generation what Prince William was to mine – ultimate royal heartthrob! The parents look lovely and so happy! A little extra weight looks really good on Catherine.

16. sanya July 24, 2013 at 14:54 #

She looked beautiful. I hope the baby will be named Philip :)

17. Moxie July 24, 2013 at 15:38 #

I like Spencer, but I think the first name will be something traditional like George, James, Phillip or Edward. Spencer would be a great choice for names 2-4.

18. Zerina July 24, 2013 at 18:41 #

It’s George Alexander Louis. You got it Catherine. :)

• Catherine Kallon July 24, 2013 at 21:57 #

I know, I am SOOO happy. :D

19. Moxie July 24, 2013 at 19:15 #

Only three names – George Alexander Louis.

20. Bi July 25, 2013 at 02:13 #

The white pair of shoes looks beautiful with her blue dress. What is the brand of this white shoe?

21. Reez July 25, 2013 at 07:07 #

u must be so pround to be a British FC!

• Catherine Kallon July 25, 2013 at 10:15 #

Yes, they do make us proud

22. Jojo July 25, 2013 at 16:56 #

Am I the only one who noticed that Lady Di wore a green polka dot dress?