Ruth Wilson In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Lone Ranger’ London Premiere

Ruth Wilson In Christian Dior Couture - 'The Lone Ranger' London Premiere

Following Friday night’s Berlin premiere, Ruth Wilson returned home to promote her latest movie ‘The Lone Ranger’ by attending the premiere at the Odeon Leicester Square in London on Sunday evening.

The British actress, who is no stranger to wearing Christian Dior, beat the likes of Marion Cotillard, Jennifer Lawrence and Charlize Theron to give us the first look from the recently presented Fall 2013 Couture collection.

I have a feeling this will be a marmite dress but, looking at all of the pictures of this charcoal-grey printed cocktail dress with a step hem and black draped detail, your feelings about this will all depend on which angle you view it from.

Front-dead-on makes her appear wider than she is. The above front-and-a-little-to-the-right view shows off some leg, giving her a more slimming silhouette.

It’s a tricky look but, girl crush aside, I think she pulled it off. Those neon-yellow Dior pumps really help lift the look, along with the wavy bouffant and hot-pink lips.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rihanna In Adidas Originals x Opening Ceremony - Roberto Cavalli Knightsbridge Boutique

Rihanna In Adidas Originals x Opening Ceremony – Roberto Cavalli Knightsbridge Boutique

Vanessa Hudgens In Diane von Furstenberg - Ischia Global Film Festival Awards Dinner

Vanessa Hudgens In Diane von Furstenberg – Ischia Global Film Festival Awards Dinner

34 Responses to Ruth Wilson In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Lone Ranger’ London Premiere

1. Valissa July 22, 2013 at 11:10 #

I really love this! It might just be the angle like you said, but she looks better than the model IMO. Hair, makeup and shoes are perfect. And she carries this difficult to wear dress so well!!

2. Charlotte July 22, 2013 at 11:25 #

The dress is a mess but I think she pulled it off.

• Nat July 22, 2013 at 16:59 #

Agreed

3. Alina July 22, 2013 at 11:26 #

LOVE IT! The girl is on a roll.

4. The Very Simon G July 22, 2013 at 11:35 #

It is Marmite, definitely… and I LOVE IT!!!

What an amazing shape and interesting cut. She looks gorgeous!

5. Yeliz July 22, 2013 at 11:42 #

She definitely pulled it off. She looks stunning, I just love it, especially the pop of yellow via the shoes. It might be too early but I think this is BDOTW worthy.

• gabis July 22, 2013 at 12:35 #

Agree BDOTW worthy. Love this look head to toe.

• Anna July 22, 2013 at 15:10 #

• GGG July 22, 2013 at 19:06 #

+2! Love her!

6. Faellie July 22, 2013 at 12:19 #

There’s a lot I like about this, including the inspired choice of the shoes, but the “twins” look pretty uncomfortable.

7. Lashae July 22, 2013 at 12:27 #

Even though she looks nice in it, that is an ugly dress.

8. Martin July 22, 2013 at 12:57 #

No way.

Definitely not working for me. The dress looks fine from this angle above, but front-on it is an absolute DISASTER. Generally I love Raf Simons and I thought that his final collections at Jil Sander were some of the best that have been presented in any city in the past decade, but he has developed this habit of making his dresses unnecessarily complex. And as a result they end up being weird and strange and completely unflattering. And this dress is a prime example.

9. Denise July 22, 2013 at 12:57 #

Not a fan of the step hem or the fabric. I only like the shoes and her pretty face.

10. cris July 22, 2013 at 13:08 #

It’s definitely just because of the angle the pic was taken, I have seen another view of the pic, this asymmetrical dress looks absolutely horrific.

11. dee July 22, 2013 at 13:17 #

I think she made this work.

12. Christine July 22, 2013 at 13:52 #

She is working this unflattering but tricky gown. I think she pulls it off. She knows how to work a dress in angles. Which is impressive. Not all can work a gown and not all know their angles.

I say this is a great look simply because Ruth made it work. I like the neon shoes. Nice kick!

13. JC July 22, 2013 at 14:37 #

I really like this look, she looks better than the model on the runway

14. Prudence July 22, 2013 at 16:47 #

This collection is going to create a whole lot of terrible looks but I am happily surprised by this one. It is not great because she is working with an extremely weird dress but she does make it work.

15. Mol July 22, 2013 at 17:05 #

She’s a very cool chic lady and I think she pulls this off beautifully. She’s definitely becoming one of my girl crushes!

16. Nat39 July 22, 2013 at 17:35 #

She’s been amazing on the styling front lately. Fabulous styling once again, the look is tricky, not typically pretty, but it’s her impeccable styling (hair/makeup and those neon pumps are a knockout) that make it a perfect complete look. Plus once again great poise and presence from Ruth, she pulls it off magnificently, making it such a cool unexpected look.

17. Sharon July 22, 2013 at 18:58 #

On first glance, I really disliked the dress; but after looking at the other pictures, I changed my mind. It’s a really interesting dress and I think Ruth wears it very well.

FC: Please tell a US midwesterner what a “marmite dress” is. I’m familiar with marmite, but not in a fashion sense.

• Catherine Kallon July 22, 2013 at 20:03 #

Marmite a savory spread which had a very famous advertising campaign and the slogan was ‘You either Love it or Hate it’ http://ow.ly/ndajy

18. kane July 22, 2013 at 19:55 #

The dress is bad but I appreciate her choice of colour for the shoes.

19. Xiomalys Crespo July 22, 2013 at 21:05 #

I’m honestly surprised at how much I like this.

20. TeaAtTwo July 23, 2013 at 02:03 #

When did she become so big as to get first dibs? I guess fashion rules must have changed. I love her bold approach to fashion. Great shoe choice too.

21. KatieKate July 23, 2013 at 02:28 #

I was not a fan of this collection, and I think it will be responsible for many a controversial look. But, I am glad that Ruth took a bold risk, I would like to see her make some noteworthy fashion choices to really put her on the map, so to speak. I don’t know if the risk paid off entirely, but it’s got everyone talking. In fact, style.com featured her today in this look. And isn’t that he point??

22. Kathy July 23, 2013 at 08:11 #

A much fresher execution than the runway version. I love that she added a bright lip, bouffant, and neon yellow pumps. Unexpected choices, but very interesting.

23. Lalaine July 23, 2013 at 11:47 #

Can someone explain to me the importance of Ruth?

• me July 23, 2013 at 13:39 #

she really does make it work. love everything about the look.

• LENA July 23, 2013 at 13:58 #

just wondering if you were banned from google?

24. Pablo July 23, 2013 at 13:17 #

Hard dress to pull off. But I think she looks much more confident than any other official Dior ambassador. Well done.