21.07.13

Jennifer Lawrence In Proenza Schouler - 'The Hunger Games Catching Fire' Press Line Comic Con 2013

Like Lily Collins, Jennifer Lawrence kept it black and white at Comic-Con 2013′s ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ press line on Saturday in San Diego, California, which she attended with co-star Josh Hutcherson.

On this occasion, the Miss Dior girl found inspiration in another label with this Proenza Schouler Resort 2014 monochromatic ensemble featuring a zebra-inspired, zigzag crop tee and white asymmetrical, A-line skirt that was more apron-like than A-plus.

This outing may have been more successful than her other recent cropped entrance—at least from the waist up—but it still didn’t connect all the dots.

The Nicholas Kirkwood slingback ankle boots really prompted some sole-searching for a more appropriate pair. Black lace booties were an unusual counterpoint to this sportier PS ensemble and even had me wishing for black pumps—for a split second.

A braided updo, perhaps inspired by Katniss Everdeen, and bronzed makeup finished the look.

364608_in_xl

You can buy Jennifer’s Nicholas Kirkwood heels from Net-A-Porter.com, Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus.

Credit: Getty

Deborah Ann Woll In Fitriani & Halston Heritage - Comic-Con 2014 & Entertainment Weekly's Annual Comic-Con Celebration

Deborah Ann Woll In Fitriani & Halston Heritage – Comic-Con 2014 & Entertainment Weekly’s Annual Comic-Con Celebration

Elizabeth Olsen In Balenciaga - 'Godzilla' Preview: Comic Con 2013

Elizabeth Olsen In Balenciaga – ‘Godzilla’ Preview: Comic Con 2013

26 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Proenza Schouler – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Press Line: Comic Con 2013

1. Christine July 21, 2013 at 18:32 #

Call me crazy but I actually like the crop top and the skirt. Not liking the shoes but she looks comic con appropriate.

2. Yeliz July 21, 2013 at 18:34 #

The top and the hair and makeup are nice. I don’t like the skirt and although I like the shoes, they don’t work with the rest of her look. But I have to say, overall this is a much better look than her previous look.

3. KatieKate July 21, 2013 at 18:50 #

I’m sorry, but this does not do anything but make her look totally uncute. I don’t find one single thing to praise, and I alwayyyyys try to find at least one thing….

• Ariadne July 22, 2013 at 12:09 #

• dee July 22, 2013 at 13:09 #

4. Jolene July 21, 2013 at 19:06 #

These pieces dont go well together. The Dior ensemble was thousand times better.

5. Neli July 21, 2013 at 21:21 #

Bad.

• Alina July 22, 2013 at 11:49 #

Very bad.

6. Beth Rodrigues July 21, 2013 at 21:45 #

I think she looks sensational! Age appropriate, heat appropriate ..and flat out cool looking!

7. tsarah July 22, 2013 at 01:00 #

I really love the look, age appropriate and looks like she’s comfortable with it but I just wish she opted sandals and the skirt a bit slimmer

8. Teleholic July 22, 2013 at 01:05 #

I love Jennifer Lawrence so it kills me when she looks this uncomfortable. This goes for a lot of the past looks after the Hunger Games promo tour.

I feel like her stylist just doesn’t understand her personality. She’s a young hilarious fun girl and while she can certainly pull off a ton of amazing looks (see Hunger Games promo tour), she can’t pull off every single style, at least not yet. This would have worked on Diane Kruger or Chloe Sevigny, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it works on Jennifer.

Not her fault, but it just doesn’t seem like her stylist has a firm grip on a style that works for Jennifer especially after the Dior partnership, so it feels like the clothes are wearing Jennifer rather than the other way around. She’s not owning it because it just isn’t her style to own.

Does anyone else get that feeling from her on the red carpet these days?

• Princess Chi Chi July 22, 2013 at 06:51 #

+1 for everything you said!

• Betelgeuze July 22, 2013 at 14:40 #

Amen to that! I couldn’t have said it better.

• Kathy July 23, 2013 at 05:19 #

I agree about the stylist. I personally don’t mind the Dior partnership, but I still think there is a problem here of the clothes not suiting Jennifer’s personality. An ad campaign is an ad campaign, it’s about playing a role and stepping outside one’s comfort zone, but red carpet style is different. It should be an extension of self (albeit a glamorous, sometimes ostentatious one). No celebrity should not be walking around looking stiff and unlike herself. Jennifer doesn’t seem like a lace-and-stilettos kind of girl, but that’s what she’s been wearing as of late and it doesn’t feel natural at all. Just because Jen’s not particularly interested in fashion doesn’t mean her stylist can’t find clothing that matches her vibrant personality.

• Kathy July 23, 2013 at 05:21 #

I have a bad feeling the Catching Fire tour will not be nearly as spectacular as the Hunger Games one was. Hope that doesn’t happen though.

9. Fiona-Brasil July 22, 2013 at 02:26 #

She looks a mess and not a hot one.

10. kane July 22, 2013 at 06:16 #

Ah, Jennifer :-( That neckline isn’t working on her for me. Plus on a crop top the neckline’s tight grip really makes it look like shrunk in the wash. The skirt is okay, but overall this would have needed more edge, and her pose ain’t it.

11. Marko_M July 22, 2013 at 07:50 #

I think she looks kinda cute, but these delicate lacy shoes don’t really compliment the edgy and minimalist vibe provided by the PS separates.

12. Valissa July 22, 2013 at 08:30 #

How does somebody so beautiful, charming and fit always get it so wrong style wise?
    This is yet another miss for me from Jennifer…I don’t mind the top and shoes but the skirt ruined it for me…

13. Denise July 22, 2013 at 08:57 #

I adore Jennifer. Obviously her stylist doesn’t. The skirt fits weirdly and the makeup doesn’t work. Please, this awesome girl with a killer body deserves a professional.

14. Anne July 22, 2013 at 14:04 #

I don’t hate this, but I don’t love it either. She looks very fit and I think the crop is cute. I much preferred her later in the day in the McQueen dress with killer pumps

15. Katie July 22, 2013 at 16:46 #

I’m a huge fan of Jennifer Lawrence but I’m not a fan of the outfit. I don’t think the skirt is very flattering for her, but love the shoes.

16. Moxie July 22, 2013 at 17:33 #

Like the top and the shoes, but not a fan of that skirt.

17. Neli July 22, 2013 at 17:54 #

She’s one of the best actress of her generation but girl has no style!

18. ash July 22, 2013 at 19:25 #

it’s horrible. her pose just makes it worse. her hair and toes nail polish…ugh.

19. Jess2 July 24, 2013 at 04:26 #

She needed a pencil skirt not a-line. Love the top and the shoes.