Malin Akerman In J. Mendel – 2013 ESPY Awards

Malin Akerman In J

Malin Akerman joined a host of stars who took to the red carpet at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in California yesterday evening for the 2013 ESPY Awards.

The new mum wore an organza jacquard mini frock in a striking electric-blue hue with additional black trims from the J. Mendel Fall 2013 collection which had been shortened from the runway for a flirtier flare.

Black Giuseppe Zanotti cut-out sandals and a Hunting Season clutch accessorized her look, with silver eye makeup making her baby blues pop and wavy tresses providing the finishing touches.

She was most definitely one of my favourites at this event.

10372737_1859409_1000

You can buy Malin’s Giuseppe Zanotti from farfetch.com US and farfetch.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Julianne Hough's Peter Pilotto Caio Stretch-Satin Jersey Dress

Julianne Hough’s Peter Pilotto Caio Stretch-Satin Jersey Dress

Miley Cyrus In Stella McCartney - Heathrow Airport

Miley Cyrus In Stella McCartney – Heathrow Airport

12 Responses to Malin Akerman In J. Mendel – 2013 ESPY Awards

1. Christine July 18, 2013 at 15:25 #

She looks ok. Not liking the dress.

2. Charlotte July 18, 2013 at 15:28 #

I prefer the length of the dress on the runway. The shoes are great, she looks OK but nothing special.

3. Alina July 18, 2013 at 15:31 #

Best dressed for me.

4. Yeliz July 18, 2013 at 15:31 #

I like the length on her, but the dress makes her look a bit wider than she normally is. Love the shoes.

5. dee July 18, 2013 at 15:42 #

I don’t like the way the dress looks in the midsection and the fabric looks too heavy for Summer.

6. kane July 18, 2013 at 17:19 #

The colour is lovely for her eyes, but I prefer this on the runway. It looks so compressed and heightens the section she probably wants to hide.

7. Jolene July 18, 2013 at 18:20 #

Those sandals are my “I canĀ“t live without it” item of this week.

8. Nat39 July 18, 2013 at 20:02 #

The v neckline is too open in the chest area, and I’m never a fan of the droopy bust. A nice look for her otherwise and she styled it very well, loving the sandals, they work great here.

9. Sharon July 18, 2013 at 22:17 #

The color is lovely on her, and her shoes are wonderful. I do prefer the runway length because it seems to give the skirt more movement, but that length would not have looked good on Malin. I get very confused by the fabric terms these days. “Organza” to me is a very lightweight fabric, yet the dress seems to be very heavy. Almost brocade looking.

• KatieKate July 19, 2013 at 02:10 #

Yes, I thought it looked like brocade also, but the way it moves on the runway does suggest a lighter weight fabric. It is probably like an organza overlay, though. Anyway, I’m not in love with this, and again, prefer the original length, but I guess it works better for her that way. All in all, just OK.

10. Ariel July 19, 2013 at 09:04 #

The dress looks ugly and cheap and its color is an eyesore. Poor styling too: ugly shoes and an unflattering hair-style.

11. mandy July 19, 2013 at 09:14 #

Wow look how her eyes are popping from this look. Stunning. My fav too =)