17.07.13

Would You Wear Leather Shorts In The Summer à la Olivia Palermo?

Would You Wear Leather Shorts In The Summer à la Olivia Palermo

London’s heatwave has resulted in an increase in the sale of fans, so the last item of clothing on my wish list right now is leather shorts.

Leather shorts were presented during many Spring 2013 fashion shows, at Gianfranco Ferre, 3.1 Phillip Lim, See by Chloe, Fendi, Reed Krakoff and Trussardi to name a few.

Olivia Palermo was spotted out in New York City earlier today headed for a meeting on a sunny day in Manhattan wearing a simple crisp white shirt and Zara tan croc leather shorts.

As much as I’m sweltering on her behalf, she did opt for a light-weight option in a relaxed loose-fit style and a punchy hue, pulling the look off both coolly and effortlessly.

She styled her look with her can’t-live-without Aquazzura ‘Sexy Thing’ cut-out nude suede booties and her burgundy Fendi ’2Jours’ tote.

Will you be rocking leather shorts this summer?

Leather Shorts

Piper Gore Scarlett Cognac Leather ShortsShopbop.com
Alexander Wang Croc Embossed Leather Boxer ShortsAlexander Wang
HELMUT Helmut Lang Washed Leather ShortsNordstrom
Theyskens’ Theory ‘Panther Nexcel’ Leather ShortsNordstrom

Credit: PacificCoastNews

Vanessa Hudgens In Jenny Packham - 'The Frozen Ground' London Premiere

Vanessa Hudgens In Jenny Packham – ‘The Frozen Ground’ London Premiere

Olivia Munn's Sam & Lavi 'Estee' Dress

Olivia Munn’s Sam & Lavi ‘Estee’ Dress

15 Responses to Would You Wear Leather Shorts In The Summer à la Olivia Palermo?

1. sara July 17, 2013 at 21:38 #

They’re from Zara i wanted to buy them some time ago but they didn’t suit me very well..

• Catherine Kallon July 18, 2013 at 08:29 #

Thanks a lot Sara.

They are cute….I hate it when you have to leave something you love in store.

2. Sharon July 17, 2013 at 21:58 #

Will I be rocking leather shorts this summer? If you could see me, FC, you’d know how funny that question is. Even if I were Olivia’s age and size, I’d still opt against leather shorts. Why wear anything leather when you can get comparable style and way more comfort in other fabrics?

3. Yeliz July 17, 2013 at 22:10 #

I will definitely not be wearing leather shorts this summer or any summer. I could imagine wearing them in fall or winter though.

• admmgz July 17, 2013 at 23:19 #

4. Moxie July 17, 2013 at 22:17 #

It is 96 degrees here (35-36 celcius). I cannot imagine wearing leather shorts.

5. KatieKate July 17, 2013 at 23:17 #

I think they look great, but probably more like spring or fall, perhaps even winter with tights. But the dead heat of summer would be my last choice. Keep in mind though, she is probably out of the a/c for a total of 60 seconds-the time it takes to walk from the car to her destination. I’m sure she’s not hoofing it anywhere.

• admmgz July 17, 2013 at 23:18 #

lol true!

6. Jolene July 18, 2013 at 00:06 #

Not only imagine. I actually DO wear them, right now in London, 32 C. They are very comfy if lose fitted.

7. Lalaine July 18, 2013 at 08:28 #

I don’t see why not. Anyone who’s actually worn them will tell you it’s not a hot sticky mess. Leather like all natural fabrics breathes.

• Ahot July 18, 2013 at 10:13 #

Thank you! People have stereotypes about leather, it´s not even funny. As long as it´s loose fitted or not some obvious winter clothing, everything is fine. After all we wear leather shoes in summer too, & no one complains about that right?

• Lalaine July 18, 2013 at 13:54 #

Ahot – Precisely! No one makes a big deal out of wearing leather shoes, whatever the season, so I really don’t see all the fuss out of wearing leather garments.

• Quinn July 18, 2013 at 11:40 #

+1. The fit is very loose here and the color is summery, so i don’t see why not.

8. Ariel July 19, 2013 at 09:50 #

I like leather only for jackets. Leather pants/shorts look kind of vulgar and unhygienic to me.

• Ariel July 19, 2013 at 09:52 #

Still, I like how these particular shorts (on Olivia) look.