Helen Mirren In Tory Burch – ‘RED 2′ New York Screening

Helen Mirren In Tory Burch - 'RED 2' New York Screening

Dame Helen Mirren has so far looked as regal as ever on the promo circuit for ‘RED 2,’ and she continued her elegant outings at the movie’s New York City screening yesterday at the Museum of Modern Art.

The actress graced the red carpet in a Tory Burch Pre-Fall 2013 off-white dress, spangled with embellishment that mimicked a micro-print, which she paired with the designer’s snakeskin pumps.

A sparkling, gold Herve Van der Straeten bracelet and CB Luxe ring, not to mention that magenta-red lip, punched up her conservatively chic look.

But it was the casual, too-white Kate Spade New York cardigan that ultimately deflated the effect for me.

Given the choice, I prefer her prior two ‘RED 2′ looks from Elie Saab and Jenny Packham.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Elle Fanning In Louis Vuitton - 'Young Ones' Sundance Film Festival Premiere

Elle Fanning In Louis Vuitton – ‘Young Ones’ Sundance Film Festival Premiere

Vanessa Hudgens In Moschino - Meet The Actor Event

Vanessa Hudgens In Moschino – Meet The Actor Event

12 Responses to Helen Mirren In Tory Burch – ‘RED 2′ New York Screening

1. Alicat July 17, 2013 at 03:52 #

She looks lovely in this dress. The off white looks great with her hair. The length detracts somewhat, giving her legs a shortened appearance. However the shoes are great. As this is a sleeveless dress, I can understand her use if a cardigan as many ladies of mature years prefer a sleeve. To me it is a better choice on Dame Helen than the white shirt, which could have looked school ma’amish.

2. Christine July 17, 2013 at 04:04 #

She looks nice but I like her Elie Saab and Jenny Packham looks the best

3. Yeliz July 17, 2013 at 10:12 #

She should’ve definitely ditch the cardigan. The rest is great and very elegant, but my favourite look of her so far is the Jenny Packham look.

4. Lalaine July 17, 2013 at 10:26 #

The cardigan really took away from the overall look.

5. Fiona-Brasil July 17, 2013 at 12:06 #

I like the dress and still could live with the cardigan and the red lips, but the sheer stockings, no way.

6. dee July 17, 2013 at 13:39 #

I think she looks nice. I don’t think she needed the gold cuff but it doesn’t out my off from liking this look.

• dee July 17, 2013 at 13:39 #

Put not out.

7. Sharon July 17, 2013 at 21:52 #

I love the way Helen looks here. The sweater and sheer stockings are definitely a must for those of us of a certain age, so to me she looks perfect.

8. KatieKate July 17, 2013 at 22:59 #

She looks lovely. One must consider her age and preferences. They’re simply not the same as that of a twenty-something. This isn’t my favorite of her recent looks either, but she still looks chic, appropriate, and comfortable, which is key.

9. Eliza July 18, 2013 at 01:08 #

Dear FC – sort of off topic but can you let me know is the designer for the fabulous hot pink dress Dame Mirren wore on The Today Show yesterday (July 16th)? Thanks.

• Catherine Kallon July 18, 2013 at 08:26 #

I will have to look for it later. I am busy working on the ESPY’s right now.

• Eliza July 19, 2013 at 04:44 #