Celebrities Love…White Pumps

Celebrities_Love_White_Pumps

The white elephant in the room that’s stomping around all the red carpets of late? White pumps.

Like it or not, these alabaster soles are a shoe-in for celebrities who are seeking a chic, clean finish to their seasonal exits.

The heels weren’t always so white-haute, though. In the UK, the pasty pumps used to conjure images of ‘80s gaudiness, or even Essex-girl connotations of poor taste, which is why I had such a hard time getting behind them—until recently.

With the chic set strutting them out at every turn, it’s not hard to acquire a taste for this trend that’s taking over wardrobes everywhere.

The shoes show off their highly versatile flair—from funny-girl Mindy Kaling getting style-serious at Guy Oseary’s July 4th party with her white pair, to singer Jordin Sparks pumping up her colourful 2013 BET Awards ensemble with a boost of bleach-white.

Even the conspicuously provocative Miley Cyrus tempered her sexy-sophisticated Emilio Pucci-outfitted trip to New York City’s SiriusXM Studios with her snow-white Celine pumps which she opted to wear again twice this week.

And showing us yet another way to wear the white-out pumps, Krysten Ritter brought a bright edge to her grey Christian Dior tuxedo dress with Jimmy Choo ‘Lilt’ heels at the 2013 Los Angeles Film Festival.

White-hot or white-not?

White Pumps

Duccio Venturi White Classic PumpsMy-Wardrobe.com
Topshop Gizmo White Suede Ankle Strap PumpsTopshop US and Topshop UK
River Island Cross-Over PumpsRiverIsland.com
Gianvito Rossi Leather PumpsNet-A-Porter.com

Diane Kruger Loves Her...Jil Sander 'JIL' Bag

Diane Kruger Loves Her…Jil Sander ‘JIL’ Bag

Miley Cyrus In Stella McCartney - Heathrow Airport

Miley Cyrus In Stella McCartney – Heathrow Airport

13 Responses to Celebrities Love…White Pumps

1. jokebetweenthetrees July 17, 2013 at 17:11 #

I did not like them in the 80ties (I remember them) and I still do not like them! A shoe with a nice pop of colour (from the wardrobe) or a contrasting color is so much better then any white pump. (but I like colours) And it dos not go with everything!

• Sharon July 17, 2013 at 21:15 #

I’ll go you one better. I didn’t like them in the 60s and I still don’t. The last time I bought a pair was for college graduation – and that’s only because the nuns said we had to. I love all four styles – especially the River Island – but I’d want them in other summery pastels.

2. dee July 17, 2013 at 17:56 #

I don’t mind white pumps as long as they compliment the outfit and the wearer.

3. KatieKate July 17, 2013 at 19:25 #

They have grown on me too–but only if they actually go with the ensemble. Some celebs seem to think they go with everything….but they don’t!!

4. Jolene July 17, 2013 at 19:28 #

I hate white pumps. Unconditionally.

5. C July 17, 2013 at 20:17 #

Will you be buying a pair, FC….?

• Catherine Kallon July 17, 2013 at 20:35 #

Never :D

While I like how they look on other people, when styled correctly, I would never buy a pair for myself

6. AnderBoBo July 17, 2013 at 20:17 #

I think the success of a white pump is wholly dependent upon the outfit and I love all four of the examples above. The bigger question however is if FC has crossed over to the dark-side and has a secret pair stowed away somewhere in her (enviable) closet! :)

• Catherine Kallon July 17, 2013 at 20:35 #

Good Lord no :D

7. Nat39 July 17, 2013 at 21:12 #

Never had a problem with the white pumps, and loving the trend now, they can really refresh the look and make it look automatically chic and on-trend (if worn with the right outfit of course)

• Nat39 July 17, 2013 at 21:22 #

..Of the 4 above they work really well for Jordin and Miley. On Mindy they only accent the mumsiness of the outfit, and feel out of place in Krysten’s case who simply needed a complementary silver metallic pump (or even simple black to ground look)

8. CreoleLady July 18, 2013 at 07:19 #

Resistance is futile.

9. Joanna M July 18, 2013 at 13:00 #

I’ve always like white pumps. Very classy. Love the fact it’s trending too.