Joey King In Pearl by Georgina Chapman of Marchesa - 'The Conjuring' LA Premiere

Joey King joined Vera Farmiga on the red carpet at the ArcLight Cinemas Cinerama Dome in Hollywood, California yesterday evening for ‘The Conjuring’ LA premiere.

The teen star, fresh off her promo tour for ‘White House Down’, opted for a more glam look on this occasion, wearing a Pearl by Georgina Chapman romantic ivory lace dress with a layered skirt and flutter sleeves and accented with a black ribbon.

A black choker with a gold accent and nude Christian Louboutin lace-up shoe boots accessorized her look, with a ruby-red lip colour and marcel waves completing her look.

Now, I see this as a teen having fun on the red carpet, but I don’t think this view will be shared by all.

Do you like this playful look or was the pretty frock over-styled?

DP0128201317030905M

Pearl by Georgina Chapman of Marchesa is a ready-to-wear line of occasion pieces which JC Penney retails between $70 and $250. You can buy Joey’s exact dress from JCPenney.com.
You can also view the whole Pearl by Georgina Chapman of Marchesa collection at JCPenney.com.

Credit: Getty

21 thoughts on “Joey King In Pearl by Georgina Chapman of Marchesa – ‘The Conjuring’ LA Premiere

1. Paulyne

I love her ! She is so cute on the red carpet ! I loved allof her looks so far ! I love this one too , she is having fun and this is great ! I’m not sure about the choker , but it doesn’t bothers me.

1. Mandy

I think she is having fun too. It’s quite an appropriate look considering it’s a horror film premiere.

2. Jolene

The hairstyle and the choker are giving me a costume vibe. Besides, her neck is already too short for wearing that kind of accessory. But, if she is having fun, then it is all that matters.

3. Yeliz

Could’ve lived without the choker, but other than I also see her as a teen having fun on the red carpet.

4. meh

she’s 13!!! this look makes her older than her age!!! she should be having fun!! too early to be an adult :/

5. kane

Not wowed by the dress, but I don’t mind it. I find the black elements too harsh though and the choker in itself is too much.

6. AnderBoBo

At 13 years old anybody should get a total pass on their sartorial choices. I happen to think she looks great, is having fun and seems to be playing off the gothic vibe of the movie.

7. Nat39

The marcel waves, the ruby-red lip..this is NOT styling for a 13 y.o. What she needed is a fresh youhtful hairstyle (some fun ponytail), sandals, ditch the neck-constricting choker, and have fun with the look by adding some playful accessories (a cute bag for ex).

8. Sara

It’s too much for me. The lips are just a bit too dark, the waves too much and the choker makes it over the top. I would have never guessed she was 13 until i read the comments.

1. KatieKate

Agreed. Comparing this to Zendaya Coleman’s look, in which people commented that her makeup was too much and made her look older, I say ‘no contest.’ Zendaya looked much more youthful. This is an example of too much/too old makeup and styling.

9. Alex

I think the look was really cool. Looks like she having fun with her style and matching the mood of the scary movie she is promoting. I also heard in some interview that the choker was her Great Grandmother’s and that she wore it because it has meaning.

10. robbie

the choker, the hair, the make-up its all too much for such a cute girl. it looks as if she is going to a fancy dress party as a can can dancer.