Fan Bingbing In Valentino – ‘One Night Surprise’ Press Conference

Fan Bingbing In Valentino - 'One Night Surprise' Press Conference

Last time out, Fan Bingbing’s red carpet look didn’t fare so well, but she found her mojo when attending the ‘One Night Surprise’ press conference held at the Regent Hotel in Beijing, China on Friday.

The Asian beauty wore a pretty Valentino Resort 2013 pink frock with a white lace overlay on the bodice and a black satin bow.

This ultra-feminine, sugary choice is more like the Fan Bingbing I know and love; however, I have a feeling some will regard this dress as too twee for the actress.

With part of her hair pulled back, Bingbing styled her look with a pink flower bracelet and Sergio Rossi open-toe slingbacks.

Is she back to her best here, or do you have a toothache?

You may remember that Alexa Chung wore the green version of this dress late last year.

152338

You can buy Fan Bingbing’s Valentino dress from Stylebop US and Stylebop UK.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

24 thoughts on “Fan Bingbing In Valentino – ‘One Night Surprise’ Press Conference

1. julyol1972

“Toothache”! Her style seems to be all over the place recently. It’s either too boring and deja-vu with her gowns, or too try-hard with everything else. She’s like the Asian version of Eva Longoria to me.

2. Petra

i think it’s the color that bothers me. I’d much prefer the green version wore with their ladylike pumps

3. Moxie

I actually like it. The pink is a little sweet, but not overly. I’m happy that she left the length, because many actresses would have shortened it.

4. Lalaine

Toothache. This shade of pink combined with lace should be seen only on girls below the age of 8.

5. MaddyEliza

The green shade definitely would have worked better for her. I love this dress though; I want it!

6. MaddyEliza

Also, what is with Asians and giant platforms?! Is it like a rule there that they can’t wear heels without a platform?! Seriously though, the clumsiness of the platform brings down the look somewhat. Daintier shoes would have been preferred. (In fact, I ALWAYS prefer them…I HATE platforms, unless they are casual summer wedges.)

1. kane

Haha, I’ve been wondering that too. Brings down a look for me virtually every single time. There are only a few times when I at least don’t mind them (Pace’s BDOTW earlier this month was one of them), but even then I might probably prefer other shoes too.

7. dee

I think she looks great. So much younger looking. I love that she didn’t over do it with the styling.

8. jokebetweenthetrees

I do not like it at all. It is to girly, like a tree year old on a sunday going to a familygathering in her little prinsess dress.

9. Elle

Would have preferred a different shoe choice, but I really like this look! It reminds me of a similarly coloured Jason Wu gown she wore in the past..

10. TeaAtTwo

In the minority but I like this. The shoes are the best but they’re not as bad her usual footwear.

11. KatieKate

She literally looks 12! I’m not being cheeky–look at her. The green may have worked better, but another choice would have been best. And the shoes make it even worse. Why didn’t she go with black patent mary-janes, and she would have aced that little girl look all the way.