12.07.13 X Factor

X Factor LA

The X Factor LA Auditions took place on Wednesday afternoon with all eyes on the three female judges.

Paulina Rubio: The singer opted for a Zac Posen satin dress styled with leather gloves and House of Harlow sunglasses. I can’t say I’m surprised that I don’t really like the look. The dress is cute but slightly OTT, and the styling is just terrible.

Demi Lovato: Sporting a braided updo, the singer wore a paisley-print Isabel Marant dress accented with a black leather belt and styled with black ankle-strap Schutz shoes. I want to like this look, but I find it ages Demi quite drastically. You may remember that Maggie Gyllenhaal wore the same dress back in April.

Kelly Rowland: Adding some youth and vitality to this troop, the singer wore a Wayne Pre-Fall laser-cut white top and mini skirt, which she styled with Christian Louboutin ‘Daf Geek’ booties.

You can buy Paulina’s Zac Posen dress from Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus.

Credit: Fox

Mary-Louise Parker In Memeka by Gustavo Cadile - 'RED 2' LA Premiere

Mary-Louise Parker In Memeka by Gustavo Cadile – ‘RED 2′ LA Premiere

Holland Roden In Naeem Khan - 'RED 2' LA Premiere

Holland Roden In Naeem Khan – ‘RED 2′ LA Premiere

19 Responses to Paulina Rubio In Zac Posen, Demi Lovato In Isabel Marant & Kelly Rowland In Wayne X Factor LA Auditions

1. dee July 12, 2013 at 13:35 #

I don’t like anyone’s look here. The dresses aren’t that bad but the stying ruins all of them for me.

• Christine July 12, 2013 at 21:15 #

2. Pedro July 12, 2013 at 14:12 #

Paulina is SO tacky! Damn

3. AnderBoBo July 12, 2013 at 14:22 #

Three misses! I do have to say I’m excited that Demi appears to be no longer bound to wear strictly Topshop so hopefully she will have some more inspired/high-end looks this season.

• kane July 12, 2013 at 17:23 #

Three misses indeed.

• julyol1972 July 12, 2013 at 20:11 #

Ok, someone needs to tell Paulina to dress her age cause this is not and has not been working, thus far. Kudos to Demi as I don’t see a single stud in sight, and though the dress does age her, at least it’s not tight. Kelly girl, we black girls always have to be conscious of not appearing dried out or dare I say ashy when we’re out and about. However, slathering ourselves in oil has to effect of making it seem as if we dived into a vat of oil.

I don’t even mind the totally wrong hooves as much as I do the shine which kills the entire look for me.

4. Yeliz July 12, 2013 at 14:33 #

I’m surprised to say that Demi is my favourite of the bunch. I also think that the overall look is aging her a bit, but this look is much better than the most of her looks and I love the dress itself.

• admmgz July 15, 2013 at 22:44 #

5. Jolene July 12, 2013 at 14:43 #

I dont know who looks worse, really. I love Kelly but here she looks like a Rupaul´s drag contestant. Paulina looks pathetic and over accessorized while Demi is just a meh…

6. Alicat July 12, 2013 at 15:00 #

Pauline looks ridiculous what with the girlie pink frock styled with all those black accessories. Gloves and a hair ornament and sunglasses? Demi’s dress is overwhelming her with fabric and the bohemian vibe is not matched by those sky high heels. Kelly’s top and skirt are cute and she looks great in them, but those boots are ugly and completely detract from the delicate lace effect of her outfit. When all three are placed next to each other the disparate looks and dreadful styling make them look even worse.

• CreoleLady July 12, 2013 at 17:47 #

“When all three are placed next to each other…” Agree with all of your points but especially that last one, lol. What a motley crew.

• KatieKate July 13, 2013 at 02:44 #

+1,000,000

• Noemi July 13, 2013 at 09:52 #

I totally agree with you. The worse is Paulina Rubio, sooo tacky. Not even Madonna can pull off those gloves. This is a fashion crime!

7. doc July 12, 2013 at 15:10 #

Well Kelly looks the best out of the three. But she has a fondness for these megaplatform boots with dresses and her and her stylist have continuously tried to push this agenda and it just doesn’t work. I think an on trend white pump, or a pump with a floral print would have been fresh and fun. Or she could have done a metallic strappy sandal.

Paulina looks terrible. She looks really old in that get up. Like she is dressing up for Halloween as Minnie Mouse. And I’m hoping that’s a shadow and not an armpit stain on the right sleeve

Demi looks like an Alpine dairymaid. Extremely unflattering from head to toe. Shoes look like they were painted in cow dung.

8. Moxie July 12, 2013 at 15:24 #

Kelly is the best of the three, but that isn’t saying much.

Demi looks like a milkmaid or a school marm. Horrible from H2T.

Paulina is too old for that dress.

9. argentina July 12, 2013 at 17:17 #

I think the X Factor producers ask their judges to look tacky. They always look terrible. I don’t like any of the looks, Kelly looks like a trany btw

10. Amanda July 13, 2013 at 01:02 #

No.No.No.

11. KatieKate July 13, 2013 at 02:48 #

Holy crap balls of fire this is bad! I can’t believe how unbelievably bad Paulina makes that adorable Zac Posen. Wait, yes I can. There has to be some kind of conspiracy going on at the X Factor. Perhaps Simon has instructed the stylist to make them all look like hell so he will look better, snob that he is….

12. Parvati July 13, 2013 at 18:43 #

Kelly Rowland is the only one who looks good here. Her look isn’t great, but it’s definitely better than Paulina’s and Demi’s, which are awful.