Helen Mirren In Elie Saab – ‘RED 2′ LA Premiere

Helen Mirren In Elie Saab - 'RED 2' LA Premiere

Helen Mirren took to the Westwood Village red carpet for the ‘RED 2′ premiere in LA yesterday evening.

She was a picture of elegance wearing a green Elie Saab Pre-Fall 2013 long-sleeved jersey gown with a keyhole detail and criss-cross waist.

Maintaining the mood she added David Webb coral-and-diamond jewels as well as a gold Elie Saab clutch.

The styling enhances what is a fairly simple, bling-free Elie Saab frock.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Which Was Your Favourite Zoe Saldana Look From The ‘Star Trek Into The Darkness’ Promo Tour?

Laura Whitmore In AllSaints - The Lulu Guinness Paint Project

Laura Whitmore In AllSaints – The Lulu Guinness Paint Project

32 Responses to Helen Mirren In Elie Saab – ‘RED 2′ LA Premiere

1. Charlotte July 12, 2013 at 10:35 #

It’s uch a beautiful dress !
    She looks lovely, so chic and her styling is perfect, I really like the earrings and the bracelet with this dress.

2. Eimear O'Connor July 12, 2013 at 10:44 #

Wow… she looks ridic amazing! She pulls that dress of better than someone half her age! BDOTW!

3. Georgia July 12, 2013 at 10:51 #

The stripper shoes were an interesting touch, not sure if you noticed them FC? Surprised they weren’t mentioned! http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/12/article-2361474-1AC64108000005DC-649_634x912.jpg

• Catherine Kallon July 12, 2013 at 11:07 #

Ewww….I didn’t see them…

• Yeliz July 12, 2013 at 11:36 #

Those tacky and ugly shoes just ruined this look for me.

• justme July 12, 2013 at 11:45 #

lmbo oh, Helen…

• Elle July 12, 2013 at 13:21 #

Goodness me, I was just about to comment on how elegant she looks..

• kane July 12, 2013 at 17:35 #

I actually find the shoes hilarious. It depends on how much you could see of them when she walked. If nothing at all, they are fine as in… “yeah, you all think I look so elegant, but aaaactually…” If you could see anything of them, a no-no absolutely.

As for the rest: Not crazy about the earrings and bracelet. Also not über-crazy about the dress in general, although she looks very elegant. Can’t compare to her blue look though.

• julyol1972 July 12, 2013 at 20:53 #

I agree about the shoes – they’re hilarious and she said that that kind of absurd touch is who she really is. Apparently, she did the same thing back in 2007 at another premiere. I don’t mind this at all, she definitely doesn’t take herself too seriously. She and Jane Fonda are two women of a certain age in my book who’ve earned the right to wear stripper heels if they want to.

• Christine July 12, 2013 at 21:20 #

I wish I hadn’t seen them. Now this look went from 10 to a 0. LOL.

• janey July 13, 2013 at 09:22 #

so true!

• KatieKate July 13, 2013 at 03:35 #

WTF??

4. Pene July 12, 2013 at 11:04 #

WOW. I love how she does it.

5. Aline July 12, 2013 at 11:09 #

She’s just so classy! What a great look. I’m loving the amazing contrast between the coral jewels and the emerald green gown.

Even though Emmy Rossum will get my vote this week, I think Helen definitely deserves a spot on the poll.

6. Juliana July 12, 2013 at 11:44 #

Helen is pure perfection! I loved!

7. Denise July 12, 2013 at 11:47 #

What an exquisite look!! She is my BDOTW.

8. Alicat July 12, 2013 at 11:49 #

She looks beautiful. The fit, styling and colour are perfect for her. Amazing silhouette. I am ignoring the shoes because you cannot see them here!!! Was she having a joke??

9. lola July 12, 2013 at 11:53 #

What an exquisite gown,-she is such a class act. I guess she needed the height…those shoes are truly hideous.I am forgiving about them though.

• Fiona-Brasil July 12, 2013 at 11:58 #

10. Jess2 July 12, 2013 at 12:15 #

I thought this was the best she has looked in a long time. And then…..I saw the shoes!
    So happy to see her try something other than Dolce, the gown is beautiful as is the ankles up styling. I just don’t get the shoes, so ridiculous!

• Fiona - Perth July 13, 2013 at 02:08 #

I agree about the Dolce phase, I was not enjoying that so much on her. This is amazing, and I forgive the shoes as I am sure she needed stilts to wear that dress (it is still a little long) and she does have a sense of humour – remember her pink hair? I love it on her.

11. noo July 12, 2013 at 12:38 #

i love this look, even with the shoes. i’m so glad she didn’t wear dolce and gabbana, she looks perfect :D

12. CreoleLady July 12, 2013 at 12:49 #

Thank goodness, someone wearing a color other than black. Extremely flattering. I am in complete denial about the shoes and plan to stay that way.

13. gabis July 12, 2013 at 12:51 #

The fitting on Helen is simply incredible! In regards to the styling I prefer the minimalist approach from the look book. Helen accessories are not quite working for me.

14. Anne July 12, 2013 at 13:22 #

I’m so glad she isn’t in D&G! I’m going to give Dame Helen a pass on the heels because I can’t even see a hint of them with the dress lightly puddling unless she specifically shows them. I will be pretending they do not exist. I love the color on her

15. dee July 12, 2013 at 13:29 #

Ignoring the shoes, she looks like a million bucks.

16. lisa July 12, 2013 at 14:14 #

I once read an interview with her where she stated she likes stripper shoes because they give her height. I wish she could have found a better pair, but I still love this look!

17. Rebecca Z July 12, 2013 at 15:28 #

Fabulous gown and I love the jewelry. The shoes….not so much. She clearly needed the height as the gown remains a tad too long. But who cares. The woman is so classy that she can get away with just about anything.

18. vicky July 12, 2013 at 17:57 #

Absolutely outstanding! BDOTW!

19. Mari July 12, 2013 at 21:41 #

“I used to buy [stripper shoes] on Hollywood Blvd. $39, they cost me. I always used to wear them to red carpet events when I was nominated for things, because they give you an immediate seven inches. You’re on the red carpet and there’s Nicole Kidman, who’s like up here, Christine Lahti’s up here and you’re this little midget running around in between them. So I had to have my secret weapon and now everyone’s got them.”

Mirren’s Quote taken from Dlisted, who said this is from a Jay Leno interview a few years ago. Hilarious IMO. Quirky touch, and yes, now everyone wears a version of those.

20. KatieKate July 13, 2013 at 03:42 #

If Kim K had those shoes on, I would balk. Brute Same Helen can do o wrong, and she has a great sense of humor, so I am choosing to believe it was s just her letting us in on the joke. While I love this amazing, gorgeous dress on her, I am not a fan of the jewelry at all. Especially that gaudy bracelet.

• KatieKate July 13, 2013 at 03:44 #

Wow, epic fail on my part *But Dame Helen. Geez….