Christian Dior Fall 2013 Moscow Show

Christian Dior Fall 2013 Moscow Show

Raf Simons presented his Christian Dior Fall 2013 collection to the women of Russia yesterday.

Natalia Vodianova: Russia’s first lady of fashion was of course in attendance, wearing a pretty pink Dior double-breasted pant suit with a Lady Dior bag, white sandals and signature barely there makeup.

Miroslava Duma: The fashion editor, who recently returned from Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week, wasn’t showing any fashion week fatigue, looking lovely in her second Dior Resort 2014 dress, which ironically supersedes the Fall 2013 collection she was probably watching for the second time. Her colourful panelled and black-lace sleeveless dress was styled with black pumps with blue toe-caps and a red clutch. You may remember that Charlene, Princess of Monaco wore this same dress almost immediately after it was presented on the runway with a blue-lace panel.

Ravshana Kurkova: There were many other socialites who attended this event, but Ravshana caught my eye. She styled her Dior Pre-Fall 2013 hoop skirt – which we’ve seen three times in coral and once in blue – with a Peter Pilotto Resort 2013 yellow sleeveless jacquard-silk blouse with swirling sequin embellishments and a contrasting white collar (seen on Jada Pinkett-Smith). Since many of us are fatigued by this skirt already, I really appreciate the way she refreshed this look, especially with those delightful yellow sandals.

Runway

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rinko Kikuchi In Fausto Puglisi - 'Pacific Rim' LA Premiere

Rinko Kikuchi In Fausto Puglisi – ‘Pacific Rim’ LA Premiere

Sofia Vergara's Hervé Léger X-Front Bandage Dress And Brian Atwood 'Tribeca' Platform Sandals

Sofia Vergara’s Hervé Léger X-Front Bandage Dress And Brian Atwood ‘Tribeca’ Platform Sandals

10 Responses to Christian Dior Fall 2013 Moscow Show

1. Yeliz July 10, 2013 at 11:15 #

Mira is by far my favourite. I love her look from H2T.

2. Rashmi July 10, 2013 at 11:17 #

Adore Ravshana Kurkova’s look !!

3. Denise July 10, 2013 at 12:54 #

Duma made me like this dress. Kurkova gives new life to the Dior skirt and I adore her outfit from head to toe, the sandals are awesome.

4. dee July 10, 2013 at 13:18 #

Miroslava Duma looks the best but I am tired of Dior.

5. Christine July 10, 2013 at 13:24 #

Miroslava Duma looks good. Great look! I also like Ravshana Kurkova look. BDOTW worthy!

6. Bergdorf July 10, 2013 at 14:34 #

This Dior dress looks much better with black lace instead of blue !
    And I really don’t like kurkova’s outfit, the black skirt is so harsh against this pretty yellow blouse.

However, starting to feel bored by this Dior collection we see everywhere …

7. Emmeline July 10, 2013 at 15:23 #

Miroslava is definitely my favorite, I wouldn’t change a thing about it. It’s amazing what a difference the black panel makes.

8. kane July 10, 2013 at 15:56 #

Miroslava looks great, so great in fact that I’ll let this collection pass one more time. I don’t like it well enough to be seen so very often.

Ravshana looks interesting too. My problem with this skirt seems to be that I’m always intrigued at first sight and feel somewhat disappointed when I look at it longer. It’s so nice to finally see a different take on this (if we have to see this skirt again… which I don’t think we do actually), but the colour feels so heavy and I’m not happy with the colour of the sandals: they are very close to the colour of the top, but not close enough to match nor different enough to produce contrast, shame.

Natalia clearly got caught in the bad part of the 80s, shudder.

9. Nat39 July 10, 2013 at 21:54 #

Natalia – too much pink and kinda dated and mumsy.

Miroslava is my fave here even though it reminds of her last week’s look too much and the red clutch is excessive (a pop of colour via red lippie instead would’ve been good)

Ravshana stands out, kudos for being more inventive, but the skirt feels way too bulky and heavy in this colour (agree with kane above) and really weighs the whole thing down.

10. KatieKate July 11, 2013 at 02:49 #

Natalia would have looked beautiful, except for those sandals-why?? This would be the time to wear pumps. Hello?? Mira looks wonderful, love the black lace-much better than the blue, and her shoes are awesome, but a red clutch-again I ask why?? I do appreciate and like the new take on the old hoop skirt courtesy of Ravshana, but I’m a bit put off by a Proenza top at a Dior show.