09.07.13

Octavia Spencer In Tadashi Shoji – ‘Fruitvale Station’ New York Screening

Octavia Spencer In Tadashi Shoji - 'Fruitvale Station' New York Screening

Octavia Spencer attended the New York premiere of ‘Fruitvale Station’ yesterday evening.

The Oscar-winning actress of course turned to her go-to guy Tadashi Shoji, who created this ivory piece for his muse with black-lace embroidery creating a framing effect and a beautiful silhouette.

Her cap-sleeved frock was styled with all-black accessories, Carla Amorim ‘Geladinho’ earrings and a ruby lip colour.

As much as I like this look, I think she would’ve looked even better in the blue-and-white version below.

You can buy the blue-and-white version of Octavia’s Tadashi Shoji dress from Neiman Marcus.

Credit: Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Elizabeth Banks In Elie Saab Couture & Liam Hemsworth In Dolce & Gabbana

Best Dressed Of The Week – Elizabeth Banks In Elie Saab Couture & Liam Hemsworth In Dolce & Gabbana

Katy Perry In Tadashi Shoji - 'The Smurfs 2' LA Premiere

Katy Perry In Tadashi Shoji – ‘The Smurfs 2′ LA Premiere

15 Responses to Octavia Spencer In Tadashi Shoji – ‘Fruitvale Station’ New York Screening

1. Yeliz July 9, 2013 at 17:04 #

The blue-and-white version is gorgeous, but I love Octavia’s whole look nonetheless. The fit of the dress is great.

• Mandy July 10, 2013 at 02:46 #

2. CreoleLady July 9, 2013 at 17:17 #

Wow, the variety, the interesting fabrics and flattering silhouettes — this collaboration keeps me wondering what beautiful look I might see next.

3. Lydie July 9, 2013 at 17:24 #

I agree the blue and white version looks better, but the one Octavia picked is good too!

• Christine July 10, 2013 at 03:36 #

4. shap_half July 9, 2013 at 17:24 #

She looks really lovely, but I think this is the one time when the accessories really did her a disservice. The plain black pumps and the satin too-big clutch makes it look like she’s going to sunday mass. I think she needed more delicate accessories – like those perfect earrings she selected.

5. dee July 9, 2013 at 17:26 #

I think she would look great in either the blue or black. I think I would have preferred sandals but she looks lovely nonetheless.

6. KatieKate July 9, 2013 at 17:32 #

Octavia wows again in Tadashi Shoji. This collab never fails to impress. I wish curvier stars would take note of how she does it, (I’m talking to you Melissa McCarthy!). Granted, she may have looked better in the blue, and maybe her accessories were a bit lackluster, but I don’t even mind b/c she looks so amazing!

• Iris July 10, 2013 at 06:33 #

+ 1. The man’s a genius.

• Denise July 10, 2013 at 06:39 #

Agree on all points. She always looks perfectly dressed, everything she wears fits her and flaters her figure.

7. Marybeth July 9, 2013 at 17:42 #

I wish she had worn the blue too — and had worn sandals. Still, this is a very lovely look. Her make-up is gorgeous.
    Another big win from the great collaboration!

8. Charlotte July 9, 2013 at 17:43 #

I love it ! This dress is really great on her and I much prefer the black and white version than the blue and white.
    I don’t mind the low profile styling, the focus is made of the dress and it works.

9. Moxie July 9, 2013 at 20:22 #

I think that both the black/white and blue/white versions are beautiful. The black/white is on trend right now.

The only thing I would change are the boring black pumps.

10. kane July 10, 2013 at 00:39 #

She looks nice, but I’ve been more excited about other looks of hers. Colour-wise I like both, but find the black/blue version slightly more interesting.

11. Leo July 10, 2013 at 14:18 #

This fits her like a glove. Octavie and Tadashi make such a good match, I love this look, my BDOTW so far.