Deepika Padukone In Naeem Khan – ‘Chennai Express’ Music Launch

Deepika Padukone In Naeem Khan - ‘Chennai Express’ Music Launch

Deepika Padukone attended the music launch of the Bollywood movie ‘Chennai Express’ at the JW Marriott in Mumbai on Wednesday.

The stunning actress wore a Naeem Khan Fall 2013 floor-length navy chiffon slip gown with a deco-crystal-beaded bodice, which she styled with a pair of Amrapali earrings and black sandals.

I’m floored by her beauty, which is only enhanced by this breathtaking gown. I would neither add nor take away anything from this look. It’s pretty damn perfect.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Deepika Padukone In Naeem Khan - Macau Bollywood IIFA Awards

Deepika Padukone In Naeem Khan – Macau Bollywood IIFA Awards

Jelena Ristic In Oscar de la Renta - Novak Djokovic Foundation London Gala Dinner

Jelena Ristic In Oscar de la Renta – Novak Djokovic Foundation London Gala Dinner

21 Responses to Deepika Padukone In Naeem Khan – ‘Chennai Express’ Music Launch

1. Charlotte July 8, 2013 at 14:34 #

I love this dress.
    It’s really different on her and on the model, but i love the two of them.
    Her simple styling works perfectly here.

2. Yeliz July 8, 2013 at 14:39 #

She looks amazing. This is a gorgeous BDOTW worthy look.

3. fromchi-town July 8, 2013 at 14:46 #

She looks gorgeous. Simple, effortless yet gorgeous. BDOTW worthy? I think Naeem Khan and Deepika are a marriage made in heaven. She wore another Naeem Khan to the awards night, though she skipped the red carpet and she totally rocked it.

4. Christine July 8, 2013 at 14:49 #

She is wearing the dress better than the model.

5. Rebecca Z July 8, 2013 at 15:01 #

She does look very beautiful. I have only one small quibble–that is being able to see the line of her undies across her waist. But, it is better than the view of the model’s bikini underwear and navel.

6. Aparajita July 8, 2013 at 15:01 #

She’s gorgeous!

7. Moxie July 8, 2013 at 16:12 #

Not a fan, sorry.

• CreoleLady July 8, 2013 at 18:10 #

+1. Love Naeem Kahn and this actress is stunning. But the dress is bare up top and caftan-like below and I’m just not feeling it. The gown worn by the model with her back turned going down the runway actually piqued my interest more than this dress on either woman.

8. Celia July 8, 2013 at 16:43 #

Perfection! Definitely a match made in heaven and for sure BDOTW for me.

9. dee July 8, 2013 at 17:44 #

I am not floored. I really don’t care for this gown on her.

10. KatieKate July 8, 2013 at 19:26 #

I think this looks really gorgeous too.

FC, I really appreciate learning about women from all over thee world, and their fashion. I was never familiar with Asian, Latin, British, Indian actresses or musicians, etc. before this blog. It has been quite refreshing, educational, and even exciting to broaden my horizons, and remember that indeed, America is NOT the only place on earth! We’re so insulated by the media, this is a great way to get a look at the much bigger, more beautiful picture of women from all over the world!

• Catherine Kallon July 9, 2013 at 08:14 #

I have always been fascinated with how women dress all over the world.

11. Malinda Jane July 8, 2013 at 19:31 #

At first glance I thought she was Camila Alves!
    From the shoulders up she looks gorgeous but I don’t think this dress is really all that complimentary to her figure. On the runway the dress looks ethereal, on the red carpet it just looks a bit sad and droopy.

12. Nat39 July 8, 2013 at 20:00 #

Not impressed, this feels more like an ‘undergown’ (as if missing the main outer layer, esp. the skirt), the outlined underwear is a real distraction.

13. Marybeth July 8, 2013 at 21:46 #

The visible underwear lines on both the model and Deepika bother me. The skirt needs to be lined, though I think that would take away from its airiness.

I am not generally fond of inverted waistlines like this, where the skirt takes a circular rise in the center. They invariably give a pregnancy vibe to the belly area and also tend to make the waist look thicker than it is.

Deepika looks lovely from the midriff up but I’m not crazy about the cut of the dress.

• Alicat July 8, 2013 at 23:35 #

My thoughts exactly.

14. adrian July 8, 2013 at 23:19 #

this looks like a maternity dress. the contrasting fabrics are unflattering and it makes her look much wider than she is.

15. MaddyEliza July 9, 2013 at 04:12 #

She looks amazing. BDOTW worthy.

16. kane July 9, 2013 at 05:46 #

I also first thought this was Camilla Alves.

Stunning at first sight, but I prefer the ‘sheerness effect’ on the model. Surely, the slight overexposure of the runway picture and the bad flash lighting on Deepika advantage and disadvantage them respectively, but I do wish the top was closer to Deepika’s skin colour.

17. Ayesha July 9, 2013 at 09:39 #

looks like we’re seeing completely different things because i think this is one ugly look!

18. TeaAtTwo July 9, 2013 at 19:36 #

She looks beautiful, she sells it more than on the model. I’d panel the midriff but that’s probably just from the flashbulbs.