Zhang Ziyi In Giambattista Valli Couture – Le Grand Bal De La Comedie Francaise

Zhang Ziyi In Giambattista Valli Couture - Le Grand Bal De La Comedie Francaise

Zhang Ziyi attended Le Grand Bal De La Comedie Francaise held at La Comedie Francaise in Paris, France yesterday evening.

As you know, the Giambattista Valli Fall 2013 Couture show took place on Monday evening, and despite not attending the show, Ziyi snagged the first piece literally right off the runway.

Her strapless white couture gown with a long train and colourful floral appliqués had a very regal feel to it, so in keeping with the runway styling she opted to wear a Luigi Scialanga for Giambattista Valli gold tiara.

You guys have found Ziyi’s red carpet looks very hit and miss over the last few weeks, so does this return to her princessy ways get her back in your good books?

Credit: Style.com, Liu Shuo & Getty

Pixie Geldof In House of Holland  - Fashion Rules Exhibition

Pixie Geldof In House of Holland – Fashion Rules Exhibition

Rinko Kikuchi In Chanel - 'Pacific Rim' London Premiere

Rinko Kikuchi In Chanel – ‘Pacific Rim’ London Premiere

28 Responses to Zhang Ziyi In Giambattista Valli Couture – Le Grand Bal De La Comedie Francaise

1. Charlotte July 5, 2013 at 10:29 #

I don’t really like the dress to begin with, and especially on Zhang Ziyi. The dress doesn’t fit her around the waist and the hips.
    And the tiara is ridiculous.

• Beta July 5, 2013 at 10:51 #

+1 ditto

• greyyyyy July 6, 2013 at 01:40 #

this dress is beautiful! I have no idea what you are talking about. and the fit?! the dress fits JUST fine on her. This dress is literally just off the runway, with all the logistics of getting the dress there’s no way they could have done any more fitting with her. Plus unless it’s custom made, no dress will fit like a glove right off the rack.

2. CreoleLady July 5, 2013 at 10:42 #

That the silhouette is fitted and not a poufy ball gown tones down the princess factor. Well, until I noticed the, er, crown, which took this look straight into costume territory for me. Another miss in white.

3. jokebetweenthetrees July 5, 2013 at 10:50 #

Ridiculous, like a little girl playing princess

4. Beta July 5, 2013 at 10:51 #

LOVE the dress. love the simple styling and fresh face.
    but drop the tiara. In my opinion, unless you are royalty, tiaras look ridiculous

• dee July 5, 2013 at 13:54 #

5. Martin July 5, 2013 at 10:58 #

The back of the dress is giving me major Jennifer Lawrence in Dior at the Academy Awards vibes (http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2013/02/25/jennifer-lawrence-in-dior-2013-academy-awards/). The dress itself is not bad, but not particularly exciting or earth-shattering either.

The crown is a major faux pas in my eyes though, tipping this look straight into costume territory.

• noo July 5, 2013 at 11:22 #

i see dior too!

6. B July 5, 2013 at 11:04 #

GV and this dress in particular was one of my favourite couture moments this season, such a pleasure to see it worn by such a beautiful woman off the runway. Not sure about the tiara, but I am barely looking at it it anyway!

• Denise July 5, 2013 at 11:26 #

Beautiful but she shouldn’t have worn the tiara.

7. Martin July 5, 2013 at 11:08 #

This dress, particularly from the back, is giving me major vibes of Jennifer Lawrence in Dior at the Academy Awards (http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2013/02/25/jennifer-lawrence-in-dior-2013-academy-awards/). The gown itself is pretty, if not particularly exciting or earth-shattering. The crown, however, is just plain tragic. I get a crown if you’re wearing a ridiculously kitschy Dolce ensemble or something silly and tough-in-cheek like Jeremy Scott. But with a couture gown? Ridiculous.

8. noo July 5, 2013 at 11:23 #

i think she looks stunning!

9. Jess2 July 5, 2013 at 12:48 #

I like it but it’s not her best look. She sure is holding her own in such a voluminous dress though.

10. Fiona-Brasil July 5, 2013 at 12:53 #

There is something very harsh about Ziyi features.I believe this little princess dresses don’t do her any favors.She should go for more edgy looks.

• KatieKate July 5, 2013 at 18:22 #

Harsh features?? Really-on Zhang Ziyi? I think she has beautiful, delicate features. ?? Just confounded.

• Fiona-Brasil July 6, 2013 at 02:00 #

Indeed she is beautiful. Pace Wu is a delicate flower but Zhang Ziyi seems the hard as nails type in life and fiction which is not a detraction, far from it.

11. Yeliz July 5, 2013 at 14:07 #

I loved this gown on the runway and I’m glad it made it to the red carpet so fast. Zhang looks absolutely stunning the tiara aside, it wasn’t necessary. I still think that this is BDOTW worthy though.

12. Namel July 5, 2013 at 15:06 #

The dress is GORGEOUS! The tiara looks out of place as do the hair. I wold like a more natural approach to the look because i don’t see princess in this gown but a charming elf. I would love to see it on someone like the Fannings or Astrid Bergès-Frisbey

13. pipsqueak July 5, 2013 at 18:05 #

I love this collection and this is one of the better looks. Ziyi pulled it off nicely, despite her small frame. Really beautiful! But please lose the tiara. It made her look like Miss Universe. Her stylist probably didn’t grow up with things like Disney, high school prom and beauty pageants, so a tiara is just another head accessory.

14. KatieKate July 5, 2013 at 18:25 #

I LOVE this dress, and I LOVE it on her. She looks like royalty without a tiara, so she didn’t need one, clearly. But I am also not as scandalized by it as everyone else seems to be. BDOTW nom for me.

15. Nat39 July 5, 2013 at 18:36 #

It’s Le Grand Bal, a sweet costumey element is acceptable, I’m giving her tiara a pass because it’s perfectly fine within the context of the event and works in harmony with her grand gown.

• Nat39 July 5, 2013 at 18:39 #

…yes this look is sweet and princessy, yet it’s a perfect choice for the event.

• KatieKate July 6, 2013 at 00:02 #

Yay! I knew it worked!

16. Christine July 6, 2013 at 01:33 #

Pretty look but now wowed

17. kane July 6, 2013 at 04:41 #

The tiara is a no of course, but I actually like the dress. Very season-appropriate.

18. TeaAtTwo July 7, 2013 at 11:24 #

The tiara is a bit silly but fine for the occasion but the gown is sooo dreamy and she looks divine it.

19. Moxie July 8, 2013 at 16:16 #

I love the top half of the dress, but not the bottom. The tiara has to go.