04.07.13

Valentino Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

Valentino Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

The front row of the Valentino Fall 2013 Couture presentation was nearly as drama-doused as the runway, as an array of lovelies let loose their fashion fantasies at the Hotel Salomon de Rothschild on Wednesday in Paris, France.

Olivia Palermo: Mingling hard and soft, Olivia is perhaps one of the few who can work a fluffy, frothy black tube frock, worn over a structured white button-down blouse, to her ultimate advantage. Never far from piles of accessories, she topped off her statement with a bronze and black gemstone necklace, statement cuffs, and a Valentino studded carved transparent clutch.

Zhang Ziyi: Giving us a red-haute moment, the Chinese actress stunned in a Valentino Spring 2013 Couture cape gown, worn with Christian Louboutin heels, Boucheron jewels and an Omega timepiece. The sophisticated, old-Hollywood spirit of this silhouette had me at hello.

Miroslava Duma: Many of you will be glad to see that Mira wore Valentino at the designer’s show, taking a bold step in this lapis-blue Valentino Fall 2013 frock. While her black tights and chunky-funky platform sandals could have raised some eyebrows, they really only served to draw even more attention to this retro-shift dress’s sublime saturated hue—and her red lippie.

Credit: Getty

Halle Berry In Atelier Versace - Late Show With David Letterman

Halle Berry In Atelier Versace – Late Show With David Letterman

Viktor & Rolf Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

Viktor & Rolf Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

18 Responses to Valentino Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

1. KatieKate July 4, 2013 at 03:13 #

While I agree that Olivia is likely the only one who could pull such a look off, I still don’t love it. I very much like the idea of it, and wish it turned out better, but I’m still left a bit disappointed. No disappointment whatsoever when it comes to Zhang. She has made her way back to the top of the fashion elite with this stunning look. I can’t say enough about how beautiful she looks. Mira looks lovely as well, and I am surprised to find myself not bothered by the tight/shoe combo. But it’s Zhang who I would love to see up for BDOTW.

2. Pedro July 4, 2013 at 03:15 #

Zhang looks flawless!

I love Olivia! She looks amazing

3. charlotte July 4, 2013 at 03:23 #

“OMG!I’m in LOVE!” that’s my first reaction when I saw Zhang ziyi in red valentino.
    I’ve always been a fan of Mr.valentino’s creations and also a firm believer that no one dose RED better than him. Seeing ziyi in this gorgeous cape gown just proved my theory.
    I woluld much prefer a nice bracelet rather than that Omega watch,or better yet,don’t wear any accessory at all,let the dress do the talking.
    Mira has been so constantly polished during Haute-couture week.This lapis-blue hue and red lippie could have been a winning combination if it wasn’t for those awful chunky platform shoes.
    Olivia’s choice shocked me off my bed.My favourite IT girl clearly made a terrible decision.Too much accessories is always a fatal flaw,but we all know she can do better,so wake up,olivia!

4. H July 4, 2013 at 04:14 #

Zhang Ziyi looks resplendent, like royalty. I appreciate that Olivia is trying to do here, but it falls short – the dress isn’t fitted enough through the bodice, or the bust is sitting too low? I’m not sure, but it makes her look shapeless through the body. Mira is adorable as usual, gorgeous shade of lapis but a pretty forgettable look overall.

5. kane July 4, 2013 at 04:25 #

Hmmmm… at first sight I was pretty much sold on Ziyi’s dress… “man, I’m so predictable” I thought “give me a cape and I’ll take the whole dress…” but on closer inspection this is too much Catholic ferraiolo for me. As for the other two, whereas Olivia has too much (fabric, accessories), Miroslava has too little and few (I’m only really intrigued by the detailing on the dress).

6. Christine July 4, 2013 at 05:24 #

Zhang Ziyi is shutting the house down with this fire look. LOVE! Just BDOTW worthy.

7. rita July 4, 2013 at 05:52 #

Ziyi has been pretty AMAZING to me since Cannes. I didn’t love everything she wore, but there hasn’t been any boring moment and that’s what’s fashion is about, isn’t it? Stepping out of comfort zone et offering us diverse and interesting outfits and she has made that effort while remaining her gracious self. LOVES IT :-)

• Alex July 4, 2013 at 07:49 #

can’t agree more.

8. CreoleLady July 4, 2013 at 08:00 #

That red Valentino deserves FAR better than pedestrian black pumps. As for black tights, I don’t think so. Olivia, overwrought as usual.

9. Marilyn Bryan July 4, 2013 at 09:05 #

Zhang Siyi is absolutely flawless

10. Yeliz July 4, 2013 at 10:28 #

Zhang is the best of the bunch, even though I would’ve preferred more inspiring shoes. The dress is beautiful, she gets a pass. Olivia’s dress is too big and is overwhelming her. Mira’s dress is nice, but the black tights get a big No.

11. justme July 4, 2013 at 11:10 #

8 times out of 10, Olivia is swallowed by her clothes. Maybe she’s too self-conscious about her figure or something but she should just go down a size sometimes.

I love Zhang Ziyi’s dress but the makeup and shoes aren’t working for me.

Miroslava’s dress is a beautiful shade of blue but sadly, it lacks some shape.

12. Nat July 4, 2013 at 13:59 #

Zhang Ziyi looks marvelous. BDOTW

13. Valeria July 4, 2013 at 14:40 #

I really like the idea of Olivia’s outfit, but not the execution. I just want to peel off the white shirt and shrink this strapless dress to her size and it would have been amazing (sans over-accessorizing). Zhang Ziyi looks absolutely stunning and black pumps here are a perfect choice

14. Marybeth July 4, 2013 at 19:50 #

I love Zhang Ziyi’s look. The shoe choice is uninspired but doesn’t detract from the overall effect. BDOTW contender for me.

I like Miroslava’s dress —love the color! — but black tights and clunky shoes in July? I don’t think so.

Olivia is so beautiful and poised that she would look good in a train wreck — and that’s exactly what this get-up is, IMO.

15. Nat39 July 4, 2013 at 21:10 #

Zhang, hands down, BDOTW worthy.

• Elle July 4, 2013 at 23:25 #

16. TeaAtTwo July 6, 2013 at 21:52 #

I like all three looks but I love Zhang’s look.