04.07.13

Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

A group of glam-minded guests gathered to witness the sparkling, dramatic confections that floated down the runway at the Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture show at the Palais Brongniart in Paris, France on Wednesday.

Pace Wu: The Asian beauty and red-carpet chameleon once again played the quick-change artist, casting her sporty cropped wig to the side for this sexy-romantic Elie Saab Spring 2013 dress. The solid geometric panels on the bodice edged up the sheer nude lace and flowing ballet skirt, which she paired with a silver box clutch and cream ankle-strap shoes.

Miroslava Duma: Veering away from her more style-forward entrances seen this Paris Haute-Couture Fashion Week, our FROW girl debuted a glossy, country-chic peasant dress, printed in a painterly Wedgwood blue. Matching Roger Vivier ‘Prismick’ heels put a mod spin on the floral frock. Yes, this look had charm, but I have to say that the sombre black-fringed shawl clouded what could have been a delightful little dress.

Petra Nemcova: Also feeling blue, the model snugged into a body-con Elie Saab square-neck dress. But, the positive benefits afforded by her glinting metallic-blue clutch and sandals could barely distract from the unnecessary black beads around her neck. Undoubtedly, her red-slicked smile stole the show.

Credit: Getty

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Valentino Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

Valentino Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

12 Responses to Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

1. charlotte July 4, 2013 at 02:15 #

I agree with u ,the black beads around Petra’s neck is totally unnecessary.Although her charming smile wins me over.
    I also found myself quite captivated by Pace’s styling,that dress fits her like a glove.
    As for Miroslava,Let’s just say it’s a miss this time.Way too messy compared with the other two ladies.

2. Christine July 4, 2013 at 02:29 #

Pace and Petra look good.

3. elizd July 4, 2013 at 02:31 #

Regarding Miroslava, I believe the dress is meant to be a play on traditional Gzhel ceramics that are white with blue floral designs, and the shawl, also a traditional Russian item, is meant to drive that point home. Can’t say the look works for me, though.

4. KatieKate July 4, 2013 at 03:25 #

Mira: What was she thinking??
    Pace: Not my fave look, she’s done much better. And Saab has far better to choose from.
    Petra: Why on earth that necklace?

5. jen July 4, 2013 at 03:41 #

it’s not somber :)))) it’s black yes, but look at all the colours there too :). its traditional russian one. i agree that it is a bit out of place, but the piece is not somber at all :)

6. kane July 4, 2013 at 04:14 #

I like Pace’s dress best, although her styling of it is rather mumsy and lacking edge, shame.

7. Yeliz July 4, 2013 at 10:18 #

Pace is my favourite of the bunch, she looks very lovely. Miroslava’s shawl looks so out-of-place, but I love her shoes. Petra looks good sans the necklace.

8. justme July 4, 2013 at 11:13 #

I assume that Miroslava was trying to pay hommage to babushkas all over the world xD

9. nh July 4, 2013 at 18:11 #

FC what did you think of the collection? :)
    I love the wedding dress

• Catherine Kallon July 4, 2013 at 20:25 #

Like many said I felt I had seem most of it before, but that doesn’t stop it from being an amazing collection.

10. Marybeth July 4, 2013 at 19:15 #

Pace Wu is definitely the standout here. Her styling is conservative but perhaps that’s just as well, considering the intricacy of the dress itself. I think she looks great and at least she isn’t wearing heavy platforms!

I wish Miroslava had gone without the shawl. The dress already has a folkloric feel to it, which is charming when paired with the modern shoes. The shawl unfortunately brings the look into costumey territory.

Petra looks nice enough but I wish she had dumped the black necklace in favor of some nice (but not too big) silver earrings.

11. Wafa July 5, 2013 at 01:12 #